First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
I'd be curious too.

I found the default Lane Keep Assist of my Kia Telluride to be incredible. 99% of the cars I drive I want to turn it off immediately but it so accurate that I've learnt to trust it (except on turns on large multiple lane roads).

Does the GV60 have blind spot audible alarms when you signal and somebody is in your blind spot?
It does

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
Is HDA2 standard on the GV60? Doug DeMuro mentions that the GV60 doesn't auto lane change by itself but I thought this functionality was built into HDA2.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
@KCole21 I managed to check out a GV60 in person (not test drive) and it looks cool …. But the inside seems smaller than the MME and storage space is much smaller for sure.

is my sense right?

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@KCole21 I managed to check out a GV60 in person (not test drive) and it looks cool …. But the inside seems smaller than the MME and storage space is much smaller for sure.

is my sense right?
It is smaller than a MME but not nearly as small as you would think. I’m about 6 feet 235 lbs and I haven’t had any issues with fitting in there with my wife and a car seat in the back. The storage isn’t terrible but it is smaller.

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
thanks.

if you don't mind, what does the mach e have features wise that the GV60 does not, and vice versa.

for instance, the MME has preconditioning but afaik the Ioniq 5 does not. does the GV60 have it?

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
thanks.

if you don't mind, what does the mach e have features wise that the GV60 does not, and vice versa.

for instance, the MME has preconditioning but afaik the Ioniq 5 does not. does the GV60 have it?
It won’t be super comprehensive but here’s some highlights I’ve noticed:
-Heads up display. This is a nice feature in the GV60 and it’s not nearly as distracting as I thought it would be.
-Blind spot preview. When youput a turn signal on in the GV60, camera feed of your blind spot shows up on your dashboard. I know this isn’t primarily for the GV60 as most limited trim Hyundais have it nowadays, but it’s nice. My wife loves it. For me I have to get use to it more as I don’t rely on it to tell me if someone’s in my blind spot.
-Read windshield wiper. Kind of weird but the GV60 doesn’t have one. In the one day it rained since we’ve had the car it was hard to see out the rear windshield. We’re going to just consistently put Rain x on the rear windshield to help out.
-Phone as a key. Each car has their own tech that allows you to drive without a key fob. For the MME it’s the phone as a key or door combo and password. For the GV60 it’s facial recognition to open the door and fingerprint touch scan to start the car.
-Preconditioning. I don’t believe this can be set on the GV60 manually. I heard it does have it but I have to do something with the navigation system. I haven’t figured it out yet.
-Cooled seats. GV60 has cooled seats which has been nice.
-Turning radius. I’m not sure how but I believe the turning radius on the MME is better. The GV60 just seems a little stiffer and doesn’t turn as well as the MME. This was a surprise to me.
-Stereo settings. You have more control with fading the stereo in the MME. The GV60 only gives you 5 points to fade it to: center and each corner in the car. Tuning the settings for the stereo is easier in the MME with the bar scale. The GV60 gives you a circle and you have to choose quadrants where bass is on one axis and treble is on the other axis. Kind of weird.
-Placement of the spoiler. One thing I’ve noticed is you can see above and below the spoiler through the back window on the GV60. The placement of it is towards the bottom of the window. I thought you wouldn’t be able to see anything below it but you can. For us It’s not as distracting as it would seem.

Last edited:

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
@KCole21 I have a strange request for you. Next time you're in the GV60, can you press the recirculate button with the climate control off, and see if the system remains off when you change the air intake mode?

In every EVs I've driven, for some reason you cannot set it to recirculate or fresh air without the climate control coming on, unlike every other car I've ever driven. Trying to find out if it's a quirk in all EVs in general.

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@KCole21 I have a strange request for you. Next time you're in the GV60, can you press the recirculate button with the climate control off, and see if the system remains off when you change the air intake mode?

In every EVs I've driven, for some reason you cannot set it to recirculate or fresh air without the climate control coming on, unlike every other car I've ever driven. Trying to find out if it's a quirk in all EVs in general.
I can confirm that the system remains off when turning the recirculate button on and off.

Schmetsky

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CRV, GolfR, MDX, Sienna, RX350
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
@KCole21 bleeding heck, I think you must be within the first 10 or 20 folks in the entire fricking Western world to snag a GV60.

color me envious!

it feels like that is the best premium EV SUV out there without the over-the-top prices that Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Jaguar have !

I could easily see trading my MME for that one
The GV70 Electric will be better

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag