KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
Wow, the specs on the performance trim look really nice. Like... Nicer than a GTPE. Not a fan of the styling though. If it had a hands free driving mode it'd be tough to buy a GTPE over a GV60 performance.
We got the advanced model as we wanted the range over the performance. But we did test drive the performance and man that boost mode is a little ridiculous.
Sponsored

jason330i

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium RWD
Country flag
Very nice!
I heard the GV60 is supposed to have battery preconditioning based on navigation fast charger destinations.
So that might make it an even better road tripper.

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very nice!
I heard the GV60 is supposed to have battery preconditioning based on navigation fast charger destinations.
So that might make it an even better road tripper.
We’ll see. Taking it on its first trip from LA to San Diego this weekend. We’ve made that trip multiple times with the MME so it’ll be a good comparison.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
IMHO I would use the GV60 for road tripping because of the insane charging abilities the KIA, Hyundai, and Genesis have. It will stay around 120kw - 200kw going into the battery well into the pack so it will only take about 15 minutes to charge 0 -80%. Just watch some charging curve videos on the Ioniq5 or EV6. That is the one thing they have on the rest is how fast they charge on their I think it is 800v system or was it 900v.

Keeperofthe7keys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium
Country flag
The one thing that hurts on the GV60 is the range especially when compared to my RWD extended battery. We just determined that if we go on longer trips we’ll end up using the Mach E
Rookie mistake, the Mach E is certainly a nice highway cruiser with blue cruise and has more interior and cargo space. But don't look at just the range, the Korean perform DC charges more than twice as fast. So it's technically the superior road trip car though still your preference on what you value more for those trips.

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
IMHO I would use the GV60 for road tripping because of the insane charging abilities the KIA, Hyundai, and Genesis have. It will stay around 120kw - 200kw going into the battery well into the pack so it will only take about 15 minutes to charge 0 -80%. Just watch some charging curve videos on the Ioniq5 or EV6. That is the one thing they have on the rest is how fast they charge on their I think it is 800v system or was it 900v.
Our long trips usually consist of going from LA to San Diego. We’ve been able to make that trip in the Mach E without having to charge. However for the Genesis we’re going to have to chsrge
Rookie mistake, the Mach E is certainly a nice highway cruiser with blue cruise and has more interior and cargo space. But don't look at just the range, the Korean perform DC charges more than twice as fast. So it's technically the superior road trip car though still your preference on what you value more for those trips.
Our long trips usually consist from LA to San Diego. With our Mach E we’re able to make it without charging, but we wouldn’t have that luxury with the GV60 especially when we inevitably catch traffic. Also the 350 kWh charger along that route that allows it to charge faster is more out of the way for us. On longer trips I would have to look at the prevalence of 350 kWh chargers compared to the more readily available 150 kWh chargers. However, the GV60 would save us money due to the three year free 30 minute charging through EA.

JimmyMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
If you happen to have obd2 dongle, you could easily check it. But it is less relevant in summer, as battery is probably heated to 77F, which is the lower limit for max charging speed (like in Kia EV6).

Keeperofthe7keys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium
Country flag
Our long trips usually consist of going from LA to San Diego. We’ve been able to make that trip in the Mach E without having to charge.
Fair enough, in that case I'd probably prefer the Mach E's space and blue cruise too.

On longer trips I would have to look at the prevalence of 350 kWh chargers compared to the more readily available 150 kWh chargers.
So while the 350s will indeed be faster, surpisingly due to the nature of charging curves it's not that much longer on a 150kw. The GV60 will spend almost the entire time maxed at that rate while the Mach E (with a larger battery) will only spend a few minutes at 150kw as it's peak.

As for prevalence most EA stations have a couple 350s and are mostly 150s

coolshades

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar XF -> Mach E AWD ER, Rapid Red
Country flag
@KCole21 bleeding heck, I think you must be within the first 10 or 20 folks in the entire fricking Western world to snag a GV60.

color me envious!

it feels like that is the best premium EV SUV out there without the over-the-top prices that Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Jaguar have !

I could easily see trading my MME for that one

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@KCole21 bleeding heck, I think you must be within the first 10 or 20 folks in the entire fricking Western world to snag a GV60.

color me envious!

it feels like that is the best premium EV SUV out there without the over-the-top prices that Audi/BMW/Mercedes/Jaguar have !

I could easily see trading my MME for that one
It definitely feels luxurious when riding in it. While I love my MME, I’m seriously considering trading it in for the GV70 when it comes out next year. While at the dealership I was just staring at it of how beautiful it was and it definitely got me excited about the EV version coming out.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
The rear end certainly is more handsome compared to the EV6.

Only 240 mi EPA rating though on the GV70 (or is what' s posted on their web site the Euro EPA rating). I guess they're figuring the 800v fast charge system negates the need for longer range.

Congrats!

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
If I was aware of the GV60 and could have ordered during the 2022 window I would have jumped on it and left my MME order behind. I think it's an altogether nicer car than the MME, although different classes to be sure.

As it stands now, I may be able to order in the 2023 window and see which one shows up first.

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
Consumer Reports said in one of their videos that a) the GV60 rear seats are not suited for adults, and b) basic touchscreen functions take too many button presses to execute. Any truth? I can see the GV60 as being a great city car if you don't need to drive anywhere long distance.

How is GV60 HDA2 compared to MME's Blue Cruise?

Last edited:

MustangJoe84

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT, 2003 Mustang Mach1, 1998 Mustang GT, 1984 Mustang GT
Country flag
Wow, I am a die hard Ford fan, but the styling of the GV is much nicer than the MME, in my opinion.
I would have to see it in person, but the photos show me a very nice premium looking interior with a sensible horizontal integrated screen. The wheels are one of the coolest designs I have ever seen, and this is an important point to me. The larger black spoiler in the rear looks sporty as well.

Randy E.

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KIA Telluride EX 2018 KIA Stinger GT AWD
Occupation
Component Sales
Country flag
We picked up one of the first GV60s in America for my wife today. I’m not going to lie it’s a beautiful car. It definitely feels more luxurious than the Mach E, but I would still take my Mach E over her GV60. The one thing that hurts on the GV60 is the range especially when compared to my RWD extended battery. We just determined that if we go on longer trips we’ll end up using the Mach E. Still learning the GV60 but here are the few stand out points:
-Quiet. The inside has noise cancellation going through the speakers so it is super quiet in there.
-Smooth ride. Compared to the Mach E it is a smoother ride. You’re not bouncing up and down as much.
-Handling. It handles well but I feel the Mach E has it beat here.
-Tech. I was amazed I didn’t need a key for my Mach E, but the GV60 out did it here. It opens just with facial recognition on the outside and turns on with your fingerprint. Not sure how much we’ll use it but it is nice. The heads up display and blind spot image that pops up when you put a turn signal on are convenient.
-Charger. IT ONLY COMES WITH A 120W CHARGER CONNECTION!!!! This really annoys me. It comes with the Vehicle to Load connection so we can plug 120W electronics in to it if we want to. We're just going to use the MME travel charger to charge over night if need be. We also have a L2 charger in our community so we can use that as well when we're home.

I’m looking forward to driving the GV60 more. However, I’m in love with my Mach E. I’m guessing I’m just infatuated at the moment since I’ve had my Mach E since Apr 21 and we just picked up the GV60. I just feel that my wife is going to think hers is better and I’ll think mine is better. Either way I’m happy to have both.

View attachment 69935 View attachment 69938 View attachment 69936 View attachment 69937