dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
I wonder about road trips and range? Is range really a big deal considering I’m the GV60 can go from 10% to 80% charge in 18 minutes. I believe Straight Pipes pulled it off in 16 via DC fast charging…

Hyundai/KIA are figuring it out. 235/250/300, does it really matter that much if you can charge in 15 minutes, 10 minutes?

It’ll get there, and they are close now.

Look, I have no clue what my Stringer GR gets per fill.When low I just fill it up, who cares about range because filling is a trivial amount of time.

do the same with EVs and range won’t matter so much if charging is reduced to”irrelevant” timelines.

how long will it take to charge a Mach-e 10% - 80%? At least 1-2 hours?…

Right there I’ve be road tripping in the GV60, and in quiet luxury ta boot.
For long road trips I'd rather have a car with less range but significantly faster charging. I don't like to take a lot of 30-45 minute stops; I'd prefer to stretch my legs, do my business, and get back on the road with a 15 minute stop.

If most of my trips were short enough that a single battery charge could make it, then obviously a car with more range makes a difference.
Sponsored

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
the palm springs hyundai dealer doesn't mark up - might be worth a flight down
Palm Springs has a long wait list though and the Tustin dealership doesn’t have a mark up but only sells to OC residents. Frank Hyundai down in National City also doesn’t have a mark up and it seems more likely to get one there than Palm Springs. I’ve probably called or reached out to every Hyundai dealership in Southern CA since Feb looking for an Ioniq 5 for my wife. This website also helped in my search as it shows dealership mark ups according to people.
https://datastudio.google.com/reporting/7a243d54-2a8d-44f3-a405-ce2a509c1c07/page/3KHiC

Aggie PT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
Country flag
Are the back seats way smaller for adults like the previous poster mentioned after seeing that from consumer reports?

Mach-e4x

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-e 4x, 2016 Mazda CX5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like the MME styling, front end better. The steering wheel on the GV60 seems odd too many buttons.
How about self driving?

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
I wonder about road trips and range? Is range really a big deal considering I’m the GV60 can go from 10% to 80% charge in 18 minutes. I believe Straight Pipes pulled it off in 16 via DC fast charging…

Hyundai/KIA are figuring it out. 235/250/300, does it really matter that much if you can charge in 15 minutes, 10 minutes?

It’ll get there, and they are close now.

Look, I have no clue what my Stringer GR gets per fill.When low I just fill it up, who cares about range because filling is a trivial amount of time.

do the same with EVs and range won’t matter so much if charging is reduced to”irrelevant” timelines.

how long will it take to charge a Mach-e 10% - 80%? At least 1-2 hours?…

Right there I’ve be road tripping in the GV60, and in quiet luxury ta boot.
Ford claims you can go from 10% to 80% in 45 minutes. But according to Motortrend, it only took them 38 minutes to go from 10% to 80% SOC.

There’s plenty of reasons to care why a car might only have 235 miles versus 300, despite how rapidly the car recharges. Those include lack of adequately place DCFC stations long your route. A buffer in case you encounter excessive headwinds, or cold weather that zaps range. It could even be because you want to combine a meal stop with a charging stop, and your planned stop is just beyond the range of the car. The extra 50 miles of range would allow you to avoid an unnecessary charging-only stop, even if it is only for 10 or 15 minutes.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
Between 250-260 on eco mode. However we’ve been getting between 2.7-3 mi/kWh while driving. Not the best efficiency but it does what we need it to.
my lifetime is 2.8 on my GT, I mostly see 2.3-2.7 most of the times.

MachE2022

First Name
Mach E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
We picked up one of the first GV60s in America for my wife today. I’m not going to lie it’s a beautiful car. It definitely feels more luxurious than the Mach E, but I would still take my Mach E over her GV60. The one thing that hurts on the GV60 is the range especially when compared to my RWD extended battery. We just determined that if we go on longer trips we’ll end up using the Mach E. Still learning the GV60 but here are the few stand out points:
-Quiet. The inside has noise cancellation going through the speakers so it is super quiet in there.
-Smooth ride. Compared to the Mach E it is a smoother ride. You’re not bouncing up and down as much.
-Handling. It handles well but I feel the Mach E has it beat here.
-Tech. I was amazed I didn’t need a key for my Mach E, but the GV60 out did it here. It opens just with facial recognition on the outside and turns on with your fingerprint. Not sure how much we’ll use it but it is nice. The heads up display and blind spot image that pops up when you put a turn signal on are convenient.
-Charger. IT ONLY COMES WITH A 120W CHARGER CONNECTION!!!! This really annoys me. It comes with the Vehicle to Load connection so we can plug 120W electronics in to it if we want to. We're just going to use the MME travel charger to charge over night if need be. We also have a L2 charger in our community so we can use that as well when we're home.

I’m looking forward to driving the GV60 more. However, I’m in love with my Mach E. I’m guessing I’m just infatuated at the moment since I’ve had my Mach E since Apr 21 and we just picked up the GV60. I just feel that my wife is going to think hers is better and I’ll think mine is better. Either way I’m happy to have both.

View attachment 69935 View attachment 69938 View attachment 69936 View attachment 69937

What a beautiful car. I mean, the Mustang still looks nice, but this is the next level when it comes to the interior.

intoMME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Select w/Tech Pkg. Infinity Blue
Country flag
Beautiful car. I'm always curious why people block out their license plate numbers in pics. People can see your license plate while you are driving, so why the concern?

OP
OP
KCole21

KCole21

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium extended range RWD Mach E
Country flag
Beautiful car. I'm always curious why people block out their license plate numbers in pics. People can see your license plate while you are driving, so why the concern?
Single pieces of information like that may not be that bad. But it’s when you can connect them with other pieces of information to build a bigger picture. If you see me driving you have no idea who I am besides oh that person is driving that car. However, here you can connect two license plates with my user name and start piecing a bigger picture. It may not seem like nothing to you but to others we just don’t want our information out there like that.

LincolnLuvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently car-less, but hope to get a MME!
Country flag
How does HDA2 in the GV60 compare to BlueCruise in the MME?

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I’ll let you know when I try both.
I'd be curious too.

I found the default Lane Keep Assist of my Kia Telluride to be incredible. 99% of the cars I drive I want to turn it off immediately but it so accurate that I've learnt to trust it (except on turns on large multiple lane roads).

Does the GV60 have blind spot audible alarms when you signal and somebody is in your blind spot?
Sponsored