21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I just attached pix in my post above.... folded (hidden) and unfolded and connected.
Sponsored

steve.panse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
The Draw Tite Hidden Hitch (76919) is the way to go...although it is very expensive (~$600 for the hitch alone). It’s completely invisible unless the removable receiver socket is installed. I installed myself in about 2 hours. (No electrical, for bike rack only)

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The Draw Tite Hidden Hitch (76919) is the way to go...although it is very expensive (~$600 for the hitch alone). It’s completely invisible unless the removable receiver socket is installed. I installed myself in about 2 hours. (No electrical, for bike rack only)
It all depends on how you want to use it.

The OEM hitch is altogether around $800, a little less if you can avoid European VAT. Plus shipping of course, which is another $200 or so because the assembly is pretty heavy.

The OEM hitch is also the strongest construction, from what I've seen. it certainly seems strong enough to pull the car out of a ditch etc. from the rear.

Its Euro swan neck is key-lockable and quickly attachable / detachable. The electric connector folds away.

It can tow and it can carry bike racks, but only Euro style bike racks that fit onto its swan neck ball - Thule among other companies sells these.

I went for the Euro OEM hitch to be able to pull my Mach E from the rear in an emergency, and to tow house utility loads on occasion... and to maybe tow a teardrop camper.

Mach E AWD technically accepts up to 3,306 pounds tow weight, and a 136 pound tongue weight for towing, and up to 175 pounds vertical hitch weight for a bike rack. I think some of these limits are dictated by the Mach E's mechanical design limitations, as my tow hitch Mach E installation instructions gave a tow strength of about 4,200 pounds for this attachment. This info is also available on other threads here so I won't repeat it.

And yes, the bottom of the rear bumper cover needs to have a cutout - shown in two of my attached pix above.

I think the best keywords to search the existing posts on the subject here are "Dutch" and "Brink". There are videos as well.

Hope this is useful info.

Last edited:

OP
OP

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Job 2
Occupation
Finance
It's available from uhaul as well, I think it's $474 here in NOVA

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

su-ch+mache

First Name
carl
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ford-suv-freunde.com
Vehicles
Escape MY17, Puma MY20, Mach E MY22 AWD ER TP2
Occupation
retired buyer
Country flag
I have that Brink on my MME as well.
really works very good, you don't even notice the trailer or bike carrier.
I had my dealer install it before I picked up my pony, costs were about 900 Euro.
In EU the electric is plug and play (drive). So installation take here just about 2 hours.

steve.panse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT PE
Country flag
The OEM hitch is also the strongest construction, from what I've seen. it certainly seems strong enough to pull the car out of a ditch etc. from the rear.
I think the construction of most hitches, at least the Draw Tite, is substantially beefier than the unibody rails it bolts to on the vehicle…hitch construction isn‘t my first worry. Sorry, but I prefer the universal 2” receiver over whatever that European ball-on-a-stick thing is (and my 4 bike Kuat rack requires it anyway).

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the construction of most hitches, at least the Draw Tite, is substantially beefier than the unibody rails it bolts to on the vehicle…hitch construction isn‘t my first worry. Sorry, but I prefer the universal 2” receiver over whatever that European ball-on-a-stick thing is (and my 4 bike Kuat rack requires it anyway).
Well... there is also the manner how these hitch frames tie into the vehicle. Pls see the attached pix in this post to see the Ford tow bar bolts into the frame rails with a steel L plate which sandwiches the frame rail between this L shaped insert and the corresponding L shaped tow frame on the outside of this vehicle frame rail. That's a pretty robust setup. For comparison, how does your Draw Tite hitch model tie into the frame rails?

That ball-on-a-stick and the North American square receiver are merely different ways to get at the same goal... I bet your North American (not quite "universal") receiver has another ball-on-a-stick thing on its end ;) and there is no reason that I see to feel sorry for our individual preferences. We are sharing potentially useful info with each other, and that is imho always welcome.

Of course, an already bought bike rack that fits the North American square hitch receiver certainly would tilt the decision.

I offered my info so others here can know there is a Ford OEM solution.

Mach E OEM tow frame insert with 3 bolts.jpg

Mach E OEM tow frame insert with 3 bolts - closeup.jpg

Mach E OEM tow frame - assembled except for the electric connector.jpg

Mach E OEM tow frame - data sheet with Ford label.jpg

OP
OP

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Well... there is also the manner how these hitch frames tie into the vehicle. Pls see the attached pix in this post to see the Ford tow bar bolts into the frame rails with a steel L plate which sandwiches the frame rail between this L shaped insert and the corresponding L shaped tow frame on the outside of this vehicle frame rail. That's a pretty robust setup. For comparison, how does your Draw Tite hitch model tie into the frame rails?

That ball-on-a-stick and the North American square receiver are merely different ways to get at the same goal... I bet your North American (not quite "universal") receiver has another ball-on-a-stick thing on its end ;) and there is no reason that I see to feel sorry for our individual preferences. We are sharing potentially useful info with each other, and that is imho always welcome.

Of course, an already bought bike rack that fits the North American square hitch receiver certainly would tilt the decision.

I offered my info so others here can know there is a Ford OEM solution.

Mach E OEM tow frame insert with 3 bolts.jpg

Mach E OEM tow frame insert with 3 bolts - closeup.jpg

Mach E OEM tow frame - assembled except for the electric connector.jpg

Mach E OEM tow frame - data sheet with Ford label.jpg
I found this video on YouTube showing the draw Tite installation

OP
OP

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Thanks for every ones inputs. I did get the hitch installed at my local uhaul. All looks good, great job done. Got my bike rack installed as well

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
I just checked my Thule rack and the receiver bit would need to extend out farther or else the hitch would hit the bumper before the pin could go into the receiver. I'm aware of hitch extensions but would prefer to get a received that was far back enough to not need one and b)the shortest extension I've found is 6".

And no, I don't want to get another bike rack. Those puppies are expensive. Thanks for any suggestions.

Last edited:

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Thanks for every ones inputs. I did get the hitch installed at my local uhaul. All looks good, great job done. Got my bike rack installed as well
Fyi I got the U-Haul hitch last week, also just ordered a 7in hitch extension, this way my trunk can open with bike rack on, $19 on Amazon.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Fyi I got the U-Haul hitch last week, also just ordered a 7in hitch extension, this way my trunk can open with bike rack on, $19 on Amazon.
Pics please when you can.
Sponsored