First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Job 2
Occupation
Finance
I see that my local uhaul has a hitch available for the machE and charges only $88 to install (draw Tite hitch part number 76460) has anyone gotten a hitch installed at a U-Haul ? Any reviews or things I should know.

I was planning to use the hitch only for a bike rack , so probably do not need the ball mount, hitch ball and wiring, right! I am not really what these are for ( u get these on the uhaul page when u set up the installation)
Sponsored

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
U haul is a very dependable place to get a hitch installed. I think they may install the most hitches in the US. I got the same hitch installed there and it was easy. If you are installing just for a bike rack you won't need the other stuff

OP
OP

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
U haul is a very dependable place to get a hitch installed. I think they may install the most hitches in the US. I got the same hitch installed there and it was easy. If you are installing just for a bike rack you won't need the other stuff
Thanks a lot.. good to hear

OP
OP

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Did u get the wiring installed there as well?

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
I have had two Draw-Tite hitches installed by my local garage, they will be cutting the bottom cover for it to exit so be aware of that. Forced me to trade it in with it with the hitch.

First one on a 2021 Premium I had the wiring but never had a chance to tow with so just our two bikes got to ride around On the back.

I put the new hidden Draw-Tite on my 2022 GT, the receiver plugs in from underneath so you don’t see it when it isn’t in use and aren’t carrying around the extra weight (if you leave it in the garage).

Given the hassle of running the power to the battery it might be more if you do add the lights. Lots of covers and fasteners have to come off to do the job right.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see that my local uhaul has a hitch available for the machE and charges only $88 to install (draw Tite hitch part number 76460) has anyone gotten a hitch installed at a U-Haul ? Any reviews or things I should know.

I was planning to use the hitch only for a bike rack , so probably do not need the ball mount, hitch ball and wiring, right! I am not really what these are for ( u get these on the uhaul page when u set up the installation)
Watch out. The one I saw on another vehicle was hedious.Get a OEM hitch or check out a custom truck shop.

OP
OP

Killerkg

First Name
Kunal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Finance
Watch out. The one I saw on another vehicle was hedious.Get a OEM hitch or check out a custom truck shop.

Oh, so did uhaul screw up the install , also when u say OEM hitch? I don't think one exists ( am I wrong )

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
There is no OEM hitch here. Everyone is installing aftermarket (draw-tite, curt, ecohitch, etc). U haul will do a great job. Yes, you will have to cut your bumper, but everyone w a Mach e in the US who has a hitch installed has to do this. I dodnt get wiring installed as mine is for a ski rack in the winter and bike rack in the summer

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
There is no OEM hitch here. Everyone is installing aftermarket (draw-tite, curt, ecohitch, etc). U haul will do a great job. Yes, you will have to cut your bumper, but everyone w a Mach e in the US who has a hitch installed has to do this. I dodnt get wiring installed as mine is for a ski rack in the winter and bike rack in the summer
I have one. Bought from Ford of Europe. It's described in another thread here.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hitch install uhaul 20230124_152614

Ford Mustang Mach-E Hitch install uhaul 20221025_180637

20221025_093234.jpg

20221025_093139.jpg

Last edited:

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Oh, so did uhaul screw up the install , also when u say OEM hitch? I don't think one exists ( am I wrong )
I'm also in NOVA if you want to see the OEM hitch in person.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Uhaul hitch I saw was huge and sticking out like a home made welded tee. Good luck.

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
U-Haul just sells the other company's hitches, and they all stick out a bit.