RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I'm not sure what I may have done wrong. I got Fordpass integrated (v1.63) and it pulled all of my data once, but has not updated since then. Is there something I need to change to make it auto update? I found the "Interval to poll Fordpass API" and left it at 900 seconds, changed it a little to 890 seconds, and back and no change.

Got this figured out. Well, I didn't really, I just removed my vehicle and added it back, and it seems to be working now.

Last edited:

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It works. Some people are just scared to use it.

I don't think the HA integration has ever caused lockouts. It's been other services.

Not clear, what the remedy is... limit polling rate, avoid IP switching ... and more constraints they may apply int the future.

Hopefully they don't block the primary account after multiple secondary accounts are blocked.

OP
OP
DevSecOps

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag

Not clear, what the remedy is... limit polling rate, avoid IP switching ... and more constraints they may apply int the future.

Hopefully they don't block the primary account after multiple secondary accounts are blocked.
That reddit post is a year old and they don't know the reason the account was locked.

I was told directly from the Ford developer team that locked accounts (a year ago) were almost certainly caused by either unapproved user agents hitting the API or multiple hits to the same account from various IPs.

Those reasons aren't caused by the fordpass ha integration. Even though I don't own a Ford anymore I still poll the API from ha and have never had a problem. I do have a static IP however, which definitely helps. At one point I was querying the API every 10 seconds and never had an issue.

So, I stand behind my statement that the FP HA integration isn't the issue.

PeeKay

First Name
Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag