Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The charger just has a blue light. Nothing else indicating there could be an issue.
A solid blue light means the charger is working and in standby, so something else might be the issue?
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2
OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
A solid blue light means the charger is working and in standby, so something else might be the issue?
That's what's puzzling, there's no way to troubleshoot the included Ford charger. I have to trust the FordPass app to give me a status.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
That's what's puzzling, there's no way to troubleshoot the included Ford charger. I have to trust the FordPass app to give me a status.
Did the charge point home flex show indicator LEDs that also insinuate it's ready to charge too?

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Did you set it to only charge off peak or anytime?

mr_raider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
Charger is under warranty. Go have it replaced. Too bad you don't have an EVSE you could plug in to check.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Yes it did. It tries commencing a charge and then returns an error.
That's odd that the Ford charger and charge point both show normal status when plugged in but then don't charge. It would seem maybe it's a car issue. Ideally you would test another outlet to rule that out. Do you know someone with a 240 V outlet? Otherwise try the dealership.

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's odd that the Ford charger and charge point both show normal status when plugged in but then don't charge. It would seem maybe it's a car issue. Ideally you would test another outlet to rule that out. Do you know someone with a 240 V outlet? Otherwise try the dealership.
It seemed to work perfectly at the dealership when I tried there. I'm at a loss.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Could there be a setting in the cars menus that is set wrong.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Do you have access to another Nema 14-50 outlet to try? Check PlugShare if you don't.

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, then it would not have worked at the dealership either. So the issue must be with the NEMA 14-50 at his home.
I agree. That's what I don't understand. Everything checks out with the electrical. I see the correct voltage at the outlet, and it's brand new, so there are no loose terminals. The only thing I don't know is how much current is being drawn, but that can't be an issue since the breaker isn't tripping. When I deactivate the ChargePoint with it plugged into the vehicle, the car tells me charging has been paused, but the ChargePoint says there's no power being drawn.

Do you have access to another Nema 14-50 outlet to try? Check PlugShare if you don't.
Unfortunately I don't have another outlet to try out.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I agree. That's what I don't understand. Everything checks out with the electrical. I see the correct voltage at the outlet, and it's brand new, so there are no loose terminals. The only thing I don't know is how much current is being drawn, but that can't be an issue since the breaker isn't tripping. When I deactivate the ChargePoint with it plugged into the vehicle, the car tells me charging has been paused, but the ChargePoint says there's no power being drawn.

Unfortunately I don't have another outlet to try out.
Are you close to Shabbona Lake State Park, Helmut & Vito's, or Starved Rock State park? They all have Nema 14-50's listed on plug share. You could check your charger there.
Sponsored