Home Level 2 Charger Issues

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
I just sent Ron Heiser another email stating that we are getting no response from the dealer service departments and the situation is worse when owners feel like Ford is not communicating any updates. At this point, I think we all just want to hear from the Ford Mach-E team what they are doing to resolve the issue and some sort of time range. I think we will all be more patient if we know it is being addressed since the Ford dealer service departments say they have no idea on what to do to resolve the issue. It is an uncomfortable feeling when you feel like there is no one able to address our charging issues.
Did you let him know that the majority of people having problems have noted a higher than normal voltage...This would be a solid lead for them to investigate... the combination of higher than normal voltages, and individual vehicles that are reading a bit off on the voltage sensing is the most logical explanation here since these cars are charging elsewhere and at commercial chargers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I am sitting at a Volta free L2 public charger as I write this and she’s accepting one no problem. As I recall, Ford was going to use the connected nature of these vehicles to capture billions of data points for new OTAs. I anticipate they’re still doing so. It has to be some weird voltage issue for it to work on commercial EVSEs.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Did you let him know that the majority of people having problems have noted a higher than normal voltage...This would be a solid lead for them to investigate... the combination of higher than normal voltages, and individual vehicles that are reading a bit off on the voltage sensing is the most logical explanation here since these cars are charging elsewhere and at commercial chargers.
I will wait for him to respond again but I did mention that on Sunday when we exchanged a few emails. I agree, it has to be something with the voltage on certain MMEs or something with software. Let me see if he responds and then I can send him more info. It would be great if he assigned someone from the engineering team to help communicate with the owners.

Funny short story.... So yesterday when I tried to take the MME into another service department at a closer Ford dealer, they were super nice but also not very helpful. He did tell me that I should use them for anything I needed to help maintain the car like an oil change. I looked at him and said if this car needs an oil change, then we have bigger issues with the car then not being able to charge from a 240V outlet. He was really nice and said I am more then welcome to charge for free at their charger until Ford sorts out the issue.

janitorjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford f150 2001, explorer xlt 2013
Country flag
I will wait for him to respond again but I did mention that on Sunday when we exchanged a few emails. I agree, it has to be something with the voltage on certain MMEs or something with software. Let me see if he responds and then I can send him more info. It would be great if he assigned someone from the engineering team to help communicate with the owners.

Funny short story.... So yesterday when I tried to take the MME into another service department at a closer Ford dealer, they were super nice but also not very helpful. He did tell me that I should use them for anything I needed to help maintain the car like an oil change. I looked at him and said if this car needs an oil change, then we have bigger issues with the car then not being able to charge from a 240V outlet. He was really nice and said I am more then welcome to charge for free at their charger until Ford sorts out the issue.
I guess his brain was on autopilot when he said that about an oil change. At least I hope so

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Everyone that filled out the online tracker I sent it to Ron Heiser at Ford and he acknowledged they received it. Just make sure everyone with charging issues has contacted their local dealer service departments. They are actively reviewing issues but want to work through the local dealer service departments. I am impressed that he called me personally so hopefully it’s a step forward. I am bringing in my car tomorrow back to the dealer for them to further troubleshoot with the Mach-E team.

tkompass

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford F150 2008 Audi A8L 2021
Occupation
Auto shop owner
Country flag
The dealer brought an IB Premium MME to my house this afternoon. We tried two Ford mobile chargers and the ChargePoint Flex, none of them would work with the car. The dealer thought it may have been because that vehicle was charged to 97% already. I go back to the dealer with the guy and the service advisor tells me that there are several cars having the same issue and that Ford is completely unclear why. They're continuing to troubleshoot a retail vehicle, so they let me take mine home until they have an answer. It's back on the 120V in the garage charging right now.

What puzzles me is why the vehicle actually seems to be accepting the 240V when it is running and plugged in. The active grill shutters open up and it sounds like it's charging, but the driver display only shows it plugged in, no charging. I'm also still seeing the strange 'charge settings conflict' message every time I pull into the driveway, but the location charge settings match what I have on the FordPass app.

1614832374871.png
I get the same Charge Settings Conflict message every time I pull into the driveway at home.

0304211625.jpg

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I get the same Charge Settings Conflict message every time I pull into the driveway at home.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Home Level 2 Charger Issues 0304211625
I just want to know what it means. I deleted the Home profile for charging from FordPass and haven't seen it since. Until I have an idea what's going on, I'm not putting it back.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As long as we can all charge our cars at home! Plus the more data they have the easier it is too solve the issues. So it’s somewhat selfish. ?

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Everyone that filled out the online tracker I sent it to Ron Heiser at Ford and he acknowledged they received it. Just make sure everyone with charging issues has contacted their local dealer service departments. They are actively reviewing issues but want to work through the local dealer service departments. I am impressed that he called me personally so hopefully it’s a step forward. I am bringing in my car tomorrow back to the dealer for them to further troubleshoot with the Mach-E team.
Thanks for doing thanks and glad Ford is getting involved with serious issues quickly

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just want to know what it means. I deleted the Home profile for charging from FordPass and haven't seen it since. Until I have an idea what's going on, I'm not putting it back.
It seems like there are multiple issues that may be impacting our ability to charge from home and there may be different issues for each of us. I have expected one possible issue can be corruption in destination charging that was set up in our profiles. I have also reset all of this but it hasn’t fixed it. I kind of feel like Ray Charles or Helen Keller making my way through a corn maze.

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ugh. Fair Oaks just contacted me. They want to wait for me to bring my car in. They are installing a 240V outlet to be able to test our cars better then what they have now. For what it’s worth, all of the Ford dealers I have talked too have the same Charger set up as Fair Oaks.

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ugh. Fair Oaks just contacted me. They want to wait for me to bring my car in. They are installing a 240V outlet to be able to test our cars better then what they have now. For what it’s worth, all of the Ford dealers I have talked too have the same Charger set up as Fair Oaks.
Then I suppose there's no reason to call them in the morning. I suppose I'll wait until I get a cue from you when to pick up the phone. I'll just keep using my free L2 options and the 120V at home for now.

Moogly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag
They have asked me to bring the car on Monday. I am having PaaK and FordPass issues along with the charging issue.

P.S" I will be pissed if they give me a ford focus as a loaner.

OP
OP
jparduhn70

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They have asked me to bring the car on Monday. I am having PaaK and FordPass issues along with the charging issue.

P.S" I will be pissed if they give me a ford focus as a loaner.
At this point, I say you should be happy to get a loaner at all. ???

All kidding aside, I hope they can help you through PaaK and FordPass. Thankfully those have been fine so far. The charging issue is maddening, and all we can do at this point is wait until the engineers review the data.
Sponsored