OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
I would place a cooler pack in there. As a born and raised floridian, I thought it was so cool when I moved to Ohio in my twenties, to find I could go grocery shopping , buy ice cream etc in the winter and not have to rush home to get the cold stuff in the fridge/freezer. Now I always have a cooler with cooler packs in my car. Never know when I might need to keep something cold.

OP
OP

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
So, as the OP I guess I should close the loop on this. The trip happened, with the frozen food plus a bunch of those plastic ice packs in a soft-sided cooler that doesn't provide much insulation. The food started out at -2 degrees, the temperature of my home freezer. On arrival four hours later it all appeared to be under 10 degrees. Ambient temperature was mid-thirties.

Next time I do this when it's really cold I'll try it with the frunk lid propped open a few inches, for air circulation. On the off chance I survive, I'll post the results back here.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
So, as the OP I guess I should close the loop on this. The trip happened, with the frozen food plus a bunch of those plastic ice packs in a soft-sided cooler that doesn't provide much insulation. The food started out at -2 degrees, the temperature of my home freezer. On arrival four hours later it all appeared to be under 10 degrees. Ambient temperature was mid-thirties.

Next time I do this when it's really cold I'll try it with the frunk lid propped open a few inches, for air circulation. On the off chance I survive, I'll post the results back here.
Science dude. We salute your dedication to providing data points. If we fail to here from you, we will retire your forum name and list it in the Mach-e forum Hall of Fame under the ā€œSpoiled By the Frunkā€ category. ;)

WWJPD

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
I started reading this thread earlier this week and after picking up a frunk worth of beer today from The Alchemist in Stowe,VT and driving back 4hours with temps in the 30s and a few ice packs against the back wall, I would guess I lost 5-10deg. It was fine, but it wasnā€™t like a cooler. Not good enough to drive back in warmer weather. Iā€™d love a form fitted cooler for it.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How cold is the frunk? 1B8EEA6C-841C-445E-93BE-4B4C71CE1979

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
That sounds incredibly dangerous, to drive with the hood not properly latched.

OP
OP

Tangible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting for my Mach E
Country flag
The Disclaimer I Didnā€™t Think I Needed: My ā€œplanā€ to drive with the frunk lid ajar is fictitious, facetious, self-deprecating humor, making fun of my own obsession with this trivial investigation of the Second Law of Thermodynamics. Do not try this at home. Do not try this on the road.

i may be unhinged, but I am not unlatched.

Caramel

First Name
Vi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I was running errands today in 14 degree F temperature and put a BBQ thermometer in the frunk. It stayed right around 32 F all afternoon.
Sponsored