Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I use to drape the excess cord over the bodies of the Emporia chargers but that became a pain and also didn't like the cord laying on the floor when charging. Not that the cord would become damaged, just didn't like it on the floor. I looked at all the DIY cable setups that everyone posted and while there are some really good ones, decided to purchase the Emporia EV cord retractor. I want to say up front it is very expensive ($200) but I wanted something clean looking and simple to install. I mounted one above each charger at the top of the wall. I have a 9' ceiling and this keeps the Emporia's 24' cord neatly off the floor. It has a heavy steel cable with a very smooth and quiet action when pulling and retracting the cord. The coupling that holds the EV cord can swivel 360˚ so it never binds. The unit is 8" x 8 1/2" x 3" and can be mounted on the wall or ceiling. Very happy with these.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_6044

Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_6070

Ford Mustang Mach-E How Do You Roll (your charging cable)? IMG_6072

Last edited:

JoeyD

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium 4X
Occupation
School Bus Driver
Country flag
I use to drape the excess cord over the bodies of the Emporia chargers but that became a pain and also didn't like the cord laying on the floor when charging. Not that the cord would become damaged, just didn't like it on the floor. I looked at all the DIY cable setups that everyone posted and while there are some really good ones, decided to purchase the Emporia EV cord retractor. I want to say up front it is very expensive ($200) but I wanted something clean looking and simple to install. I mounted one above each charger at the top of the wall. I have a 9' ceiling and this keeps the Emporia's 24' cord neatly off the floor. It has a heavy steel cable with a very smooth and quiet action when pulling and retracting the cord. The coupling that holds the EV cord can swivel 360˚ so it never binds. The unit is 8" x 8 1/2" x 3" and can be mounted on the wall or ceiling. Very happy with these.

That retractor looks small in size to hold a heavy cord. How does the spring mechanism feel when pulling the cord down and retracting it?

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That retractor looks small in size to hold a heavy cord. How does the spring mechanism feel when pulling the cord down and retracting it?
It's actually stiff to pull down and if you were to let go while it's retracting, it pulls the cord up fast so you want to hang on to it.
Sponsored