Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Loan Officer
Country flag
I have a 2023 Ford Mach-E Premium standard range battery, RWD, and I’m charging much more often than I thought before I bought this EV, I would say 1-2 times per week on avg. I drive only 6 miles each way to and from work, and I am trying not to charge til I’m down to around 20%, up to 90%, unless I’m going on a trip and I’ll do a full 100%. Anyone else charging more often?
Sponsored

cdubs70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E CR1
Country flag
I'm charging like you're charging. But interested to see what others are doing. Watching...

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
8 years of EV driving, I charge when I need to. My Leaf I charged to 100% every night (needed for commute), my Bolt I charged once a week, maybe, it was during Pandemic. My Mach-e I charge when I end the day around 40% or lower, and then generally I charge it up for the weekend no matter what state I am in. and I charge to 90% unless I know I am going longer.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I charge every night to 90% (unless I forget to plug my car in). I'm about 40 miles a day, and I can go most of a week without plugging in at home if I'm very forgetful.

Still, at 12 miles a day you ought to be able to go a couple weeks, unless you've got some energy hog in your procedures- maybe you're using a lot to get the car warmed up in the morning?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
ABC - Always Be Charging.

Set to 90%. Ford recommends keeping the vehicle plugged in to heat / cool the battery as needed.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I go into the office twice a week and charge up to 90% each time. Mostly because it's free and covers all my travels for the entire week. Their gonna make me go to the office then you're paying for my fuel! LOL

Before, back when we were working fully remote I would charge to 80% daily at home.

Susanne76

First Name
Susanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
I have a Select standard range battery which I purchased in February and I drive around 250-300 miles a week. I charge the car for 2 or 3 hours early in the morning maybe 5 times a week. I don’t use charging schedules or keep it plugged in. I like to keep the car charged between 70-85%

MadManMoon

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE, 2007 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I charge every night to 90%. My commute is 21 miles each way, and I can't charge at work, so I arrive to work at ~80% and home at ~70%, unless I have meetings during the day. I also subscribe to the Always Be Charging philosophy.

sgriffin130

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Red Mach E- C/T Pkg, '23 Escape PHEV/Prem Pkg
Occupation
Dentist(retired)
Country flag
ABC - Always Be Charging.

Set to 90%. Ford recommends keeping the vehicle plugged in to heat / cool the battery as needed.
So, except for when you are driving the car, is it being charged to or sitting at 90% every day or do you schedule the charging times as needed?

A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium 4X
Country flag
I charge every night to90%. My commute is 70-100 miles a day (depends on if I'm swinging by my daughter's school) and occasionally there are events in the evening that can almost double it. I've forgotten to charge (or not completely pushed the cable in) a few times and it's enough to get me through a 2nd day, but I'd prefer not to push it.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
So, except for when you are driving the car, is it being charged to or sitting at 90% every day or do you schedule the charging times as needed?
Our EVs are plugged in at all times when at home. They charge nightly, if needed, to 90%, during off-peak hours. If I drive a mile and end up at 89%, then that night it will top off to 90%.

This is exactly what Ford recommends.

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Plugged in most night with an 80% limit and off peak times. If I forget to plug it in , I don’t worry about it until the next day or two.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
Always plugged in when at home and if there's a L1 or L2 charger available when on the road. Charge limit set to 90% and only charge during off-peak times. Charge to 100% when necessary.

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
I have access to free chargers at work, so I take advantage there and top off whenever I'm at the office. Because of that perk, I try not to charge at home unless SOC dips to around 15% or I know that I'm going to be driving somewhere that I'll need additional range.
Sponsored