Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
  • Banned
From time to time after disconnecting my Grizzl-e charger I get the amber light indicating charge fault. It doesn't happen when the car just finished charging, but it happens in other situations.
For example, after charging overnight I wanted to disconnect charger in the morning and noticed it was still drawing about 3A from the charger. It was a hot day, perhaps it was cooling the battery or who knows what. The app was telling me that the charging stopped a few hours ago, so there was no possibility to stop the charging from the app. So I pushed the button on the handle, checked that the current showed zero and disconnected the charger. The amber light immediately went on. WTH?
Sponsored

ManInBlack

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prem. Mach E SR AWD; Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Can’t say I’ve gotten the orange light at home with the Ford L2 EVSE. I’ve gotten it at evgo DCFC stations… rather annoyingly and frequently.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I too use Grizzl-E. Haven’t seen a charge fault yet.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
From time to time after disconnecting my Grizzl-e charger I get the amber light indicating charge fault. It doesn't happen when the car just finished charging, but it happens in other situations.
For example, after charging overnight I wanted to disconnect charger in the morning and noticed it was still drawing about 3A from the charger. It was a hot day, perhaps it was cooling the battery or who knows what. The app was telling me that the charging stopped a few hours ago, so there was no possibility to stop the charging from the app. So I pushed the button on the handle, checked that the current showed zero and disconnected the charger. The amber light immediately went on. WTH?
Grizzle extreme here and no. I have got an accidentally unplugged notification in ford pass but blue, green and flashing green are the only colors I have seen on the grizzle. We lost power a couple of times but I have not ran out to look at the lights. It must have reset as blue is the color not plugged in. What do you have connected to see 3 amp?

Timelessblur

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E AWD Premium Extend Range RR
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I have a Grizzle and just have been having issues with it. Currently trying to get them to ship me out a 3rd unit after the 2nd unit is no longer giving me anthing but faults.
Unit 1 died where itw ould not turn on. Unit 2 is in "recoverable fault" every time I give it power. I am entering Week 2 of the give me a replacement again. Even before that I was getting charging faults at the unit and the car if I needed to run it more than 2-3 hours and of course it would have a charging fault if it tried to have the car turn on for a schedule departure.

2 units going bad and sadly to far removed to get a refund threw amazon.

At this point on Grizzle I am about to fork out the 700 bucks and wait 4-5 weeks for a charge point.

I am joining the club of can not recommend Grizzle for the Mach E at all.
Sponsored