Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
I had planned to remove only the center divider, giving us three good sections to put groceries in (without them falling over, etc.). But then our car was delivered without dividers at all! So now I don't use the frunk (I'm sure we will at some point), and I've had to buy one of these organizers for the trunk so we can put our grocery bags in there without them getting tossed around...
Ford Mustang Mach-E How many removed the Frunk Divider? trunk

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Exactly what I did as well. For the smaller side, I'm thinking of eventually putting a 12v to 120v inverter in and running an extension cord thru the firewall and into the cabin to a 120v outlet somewhere in the center console.
I did this too. The Mach E backpack fits perfectly in the larger space. I keep a seat towel there that fits perfectly over my Mach E seat for after I go running. I like the doorcode so I can leave my keys and stuff hidden away inside while I go for long runs.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I had planned to remove only the center divider, giving us three good sections to put groceries in (without them falling over, etc.). But then our car was delivered without dividers at all! So now I don't use the frunk (I'm sure we will at some point), and I've had to buy one of these organizers for the trunk so we can put our grocery bags in there without them getting tossed around...
Ford Mustang Mach-E How many removed the Frunk Divider? trunk
Removing the center divider was meaningless for us. Plastic and one use grocery bags are banned here due their influx in the ocean. Paper bags don’t fit well even in the center section. The divider greatly reduced the Frunk usability imo. I ended up removing it and using it for storage instead. We have a similar bag to yours in the trunk for groceries.

The dividerless frunk is great for cold storage though. If I’m hauling stuff home from Kona, Ill buy a bag of ice, dump part of it in, add the temperature sensitive stuff, add the rest of the ice. Works like a charm on the hour plus trip home.

Doug&Julie

First Name
Douglas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium LR-RWD
Occupation
Designer
Country flag
Removing the center divider was meaningless for us. Plastic and one use grocery bags are banned here due their influx in the ocean. Paper bags don’t fit well even in the center section. The divider greatly reduced the Frunk usability imo. I ended up removing it and using it for storage instead. We have a similar bag to yours in the trunk for groceries.
We have good size canvass grocery bags, and our average grocery weekend is three full bags...thus my thoughts on the center divider and leaving three sections. But obvs without physically trying them out (which we couldn't do until getting the Mach-E) we wouldn't know for sure how they'd work. It's all moot now...no complaints!

FWIW Oregon banned plastic bags before the pandemic, but it seems they've gone lax on that law since. ..sadly.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
I left just one section in, the one on the far right (furthest from the light). I believe I had to trim a tab to make that work. That gives me a nice sized section for larger items, and a small section for little things I don’t want rolling around. Not earth shattering, but a helpful midway point between fully installed and fully removed.

What I really want now are the correct D-ring parts for the main trunk so I can have four cargo rings and a cargo net. US cars, for some unknown reason, have the detent for cargo rings along the wheel wells, but no ring. EU cars got the rings there… I’m sure it would be easy to install with the right part.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I left just one section in, the one on the far right (furthest from the light). I believe I had to trim a tab to make that work. That gives me a nice sized section for larger items, and a small section for little things I don’t want rolling around. Not earth shattering, but a helpful midway point between fully installed and fully removed.

What I really want now are the correct D-ring parts for the main trunk so I can have four cargo rings and a cargo net. US cars, for some unknown reason, have the detent for cargo rings along the wheel wells, but no ring. EU cars got the rings there… I’m sure it would be easy to install with the right part.
Hi Sam,

I know you posted this a long time ago, but in case you've not seen it, I created a set of brackets/rings for either side of the front of cargo area/trunk. You can read about it here. (Apologies if you've already seen my post and/or interacted with it already.)

Here's the latest update for the project.
Ford Mustang Mach-E How many removed the Frunk Divider? img_6849-jpe

IMG_6870.jpeg
We're in the closing days of order taking. There have currently been orders placed for 22 bracket sets which means that with only three additional orders the price will drop from $90 per set (plus shipping) to $80 as we hit the next parts fabrication volume discount. Now's the time to get any last minute orders in - the order window closes on Monday 7/31.

I have sourced M8 square U bolts (as opposed to the original M6 versions). M8 are roughly four times as much metal as compared to M6 so they are substantially stronger. The OEM U bolts are ~M7 in size, so somewhere between the two. The M8 bolts will still fit just fine. I can see no downsizes other than that they're a bit more expensive.

Pricing
Since this is a limited production run, pricing is highly order volume dependent. As of 7/29, it looks like pricing will be as below.
Order VolumePrice*
15 - 19$100
20 - 24$90
25 - 29$80
30 - 34$75
35 - 39$70
40 - 54$65
55 - 74$60
75+$55
*All prices are before shipping costs. (I plan to ship via a Priority Mail Small Flat Rate box and the cost should be $8.55.)
Sponsored