JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Let's say, hypothetically, plug and charge has been working perfectly for 8 months and then you happen to go into the car settings and turn off vehicle connectivity.. after realizing that mistake you turn it back on.. but despite being back on you cannot get plug and charge to re-enable.

Is there a trick to get it to setup now?

As you can see from the screenshot it seems to imply I am not the owner of the plug and charge account.. but I am.. payment is setup under my FP account. On my partners phone the toggle is there but it gives an error each time I try to toggle it on.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to Enable Plug & Charge in 7 Steps Screenshot_20211028-203932
Sponsored

mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Question on finding location to use up the 500kWh balance. Do we need to find specifically "Electrify America" locations or any "In-Network" such as one below from EVgo/ChargePoint will do?
Ford Mustang Mach-E How to Enable Plug & Charge in 7 Steps 1642045655881

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Question on finding location to use up the 500kWh balance. Do we need to find specifically "Electrify America" locations or any "In-Network" such as one below from EVgo/ChargePoint will do?
EA only.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Let's say, hypothetically, plug and charge has been working perfectly for 8 months and then you happen to go into the car settings and turn off vehicle connectivity.. after realizing that mistake you turn it back on.. but despite being back on you cannot get plug and charge to re-enable.

Is there a trick to get it to setup now?

As you can see from the screenshot it seems to imply I am not the owner of the plug and charge account.. but I am.. payment is setup under my FP account. On my partners phone the toggle is there but it gives an error each time I try to toggle it on.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to Enable Plug & Charge in 7 Steps 1642045655881
Did you ever get this resolved? I posted about the same issue here:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/unable-to-toggle-plug-charge-on-or-off.12722/

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Yes, after a couple days it was back working on it's own.
Interesting. It's been over 2 weeks since I noticed it and still the same for me.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Interesting. It's been over 2 weeks since I noticed it and still the same for me.
So from what I remember, I had toggled some setting in the car
In my case it was likely caused by me toggling the connected services in the vehicle setting. It sounds like in your case you didn't do anything to cause it.

My only thought would be,. Maybe, try turning off/on connected services like I did. It definitely won't fix it right away, but might reset like mine did after a couple days.

Of course, it could go horribly wrong and make things even worse....

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
So from what I remember, I had toggled some setting in the car

In my case it was likely caused by me toggling the connected services in the vehicle setting. It sounds like in your case you didn't do anything to cause it.

My only thought would be,. Maybe, try turning off/on connected services like I did. It definitely won't fix it right away, but might reset like mine did after a couple days.

Of course, it could go horribly wrong and make things even worse....
I'll take a look. You're right that I haven't toggled anything in the car myself, but I do wonder if one of the dealer updates did something...

I'll take a look and I might try to toggle it.

My partners FordPass app gives the same notification, which is expected since I'm the owner of the account.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'll take a look. You're right that I haven't toggled anything in the car myself, but I do wonder if one of the dealer updates did something...

I'll take a look and I might try to toggle it.

My partners FordPass app gives the same notification, which is expected since I'm the owner of the account.
Is it possible the credit card you have stored in your Ford account's profile expired?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Is it possible the credit card you have stored in your Ford account's profile expired?
I checked all of that, and it looks good.

Ford.com/connectedservices shows all is well...

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to Enable Plug & Charge in 7 Steps 1642081378207

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to Enable Plug & Charge in 7 Steps 1642081412788

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
Do I need to do something to make sure the other covered providers show up in the smart phone GUI for the Ford Plug and Charge? There is a single Electrify America Icon.

Is there something special I need to do to get the others to display as well?

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
same question? is it necessary or doesnt matter? thanks

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
same question? is it necessary or doesnt matter? thanks
There is a single Electrify America icon because as of now P&C only works on Electrify America.

devmach-e

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium RWD ER, 2016 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Occupation
Unix Sysadmin
Country flag
Is there a way to link my existing EA account to FordPass/BlueOval?

For my road trip this weekend, I went ahead and signed up for Plug and Charge and got added to the Blue Oval Network. Was able to use Plug and Charge with EA stations without a problem this past weekend on a road trip. Used up 122 kWh of my free 250 kWh. So I know that it works. I’d just like to have the two accounts in sync, or combined…

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
Is there a way to link my existing EA account to FordPass/BlueOval?

For my road trip this weekend, I went ahead and signed up for Plug and Charge and got added to the Blue Oval Network. Was able to use Plug and Charge with EA stations without a problem this past weekend on a road trip. Used up 122 kWh of my free 250 kWh. So I know that it works. I’d just like to have the two accounts in sync, or combined…
Not at the moment, so you either need to use plug and charge, or turn that off and use the EA app to get the Pass+ rate. Ford is currently trailing being able to buy a year long Pass+ benefit tied to plug and charge but it's not yet widely publicly available (I'm in the trail group and it worked fine, but still in the test phase at the moment).
Sponsored