How to force a charge stop in Ford navigation app?

Dangerfish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE Cyber Orange
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Country flag
I'm sure this is a dumb question but I rarely fast charge or take road trips and I can't figure it out. I have about a 3 hour drive coming up. I want to make sure I pre condition before charging. The Ford app has me stopping after 1.5 hours for about 15 minutes to charge and then arriving at my destination with about 10% charge left. The issue is that I would like to stop at another charging station about 10 minutes from my destination and charge up to 80-90% because I will only be staying one night and I don't want to charge the next morning. So how do I tell the app that I want to charge again before reaching my destination so that it will pre condition the battery? I wouldn't feel comfortable skipping the first charge stop because it would be cutting it too close to make it to the second stop given the cold weather. In the Summer, I could make it just fine.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Or add it as a waypoint before the final stop.

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
So, if you know where the desired charge station is, just use the search feature when you’re about 30 minutes from it. Use the filter to select 3 lightning bolts ( fast chargers). Then select it and add it as a waypoint.

OP
OP
Dangerfish

Dangerfish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE Cyber Orange
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Country flag
Or add it as a waypoint before the final stop.
I tried adding it as a waypoint but it doesn't show me as charging there in the same way as it did the previous stop. Will it pre condition the battery anyways since I'm traveling to a charge station even though the app doesn't show me charging there? The EA station is where I'd like to stop before going on to my final destination.

Ford Mustang Mach-E How to force a charge stop in Ford navigation app? IMG_D4471F41ABC8-1

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
No, it won't. It has to show it as a charger.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Try turning your destination into a waypoint and drive on much farther down the road. You might then be able to pick the desired charger as a charging stop. Of course, you'll know to stop at your destination. Only the car has to think it's a waypoint.

OP
OP
Dangerfish

Dangerfish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 GTPE Cyber Orange
Occupation
Nurse Anesthetist
Country flag
Try turning your destination into a waypoint and drive on much farther down the road. You might then be able to pick the desired charger as a charging stop. Of course, you'll know to stop at your destination. Only the car has to think it's a waypoint.
That seems to have worked. I added a city 60+ miles down the road and then the app added a charging stop at the exact same address that I had put it as a waypoint but now looks like it will pre condition the battery for an anticipated charge stop.

IMG_C03FA2566E11-1.jpeg
Sponsored