How to use ccs charger

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
I’ve used a few different Chargepoint DCFC just fine (the 50kW ones). Using the chargepoint app to pay.
Ok, you’re correct, some of them are compatible (and this is my 4th ev, I’m a LONG time ChargePoint customer, as they are the most common ones here in KC, and I used them fairly frequently with my i3), but others simply won’t connect, like the one off 119th in Olathe (while the one a couple miles south at the Harley dealership works fine). I talked that chargepoint and they said they would require an upgrade.

Update from the other thread about the Kansas City ChargePoints. Looks like it's a known problem with the decade-old efacec chargers (pictured above)...
Yep, that’s what they look like.
Sponsored

Mockingbird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Update from the other thread about the Kansas City ChargePoints. Looks like it's a known problem with the decade-old efacec chargers (pictured above)...

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...e-odyssey-with-memes.4301/page-12#post-163190
Ford has released an update which resolved this issue

TSB 21-2190 Illuminated Powertrain Malfunction (Wrench) Indicator With DTCs - HV Battery Not Charging At Level 3 DC Fast Charging Station/EVSE | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum - MachEforum.com

Last edited:

Kandiru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 MS85D
Country flag
Most ChargePoint stations allow use of NF over the sensor. Just make sure you have NF enabled on your phone.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Most ChargePoint stations allow use of NF over the sensor. Just make sure you have NF enabled on your phone.
Yep, it's worked perfectly on every CP charger I've used. Don't even need to have the CP app open.

Wish it worked as consistently on EA chargers.
Sponsored