mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
I've seen this mentioned on some threads and on a FB group, but it's hard to track down the current status.

There's a mildly annoying buzz/hum coming from the display panels. You can hear it most distinctly when the car is stopped and you turn off the HVAC.

Is this in all Mach Es? Is there a fix?

I have a loaner car for the weekend and it's definitely there. My dealer has my car, it just hasn't been prepped yet. So I'll need to make a decision on whether to take it or not this week. It would be great if I knew the buzz was fixable.

Matt
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I've seen this mentioned on some threads and on a FB group, but it's hard to track down the current status.

There's a mildly annoying buzz/hum coming from the display panels. You can hear it most distinctly when the car is stopped and you turn off the HVAC.

I have a loaner car for the weekend and it's definitely there. My dealer has my car, it just hasn't been prepped yet. So I'll need to make a decision on whether to take it or not this week. It would be great if I knew the buzz was fixable.

Matt
You might want to head over to this thread for a read:

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/high-pitched-electrical-whine.3225/

They're up to around 30 pages atm. And no, it's not on all Mach-e's, though precise numbers or percentages are impossible to come by.

gnaark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
First Edition Rapid Red
Country flag

Matt
I have it but honestly I only notice it when I am driving alone, no audio and a low speed: which is pretty much never.
this is coming from a guy that is wildly bothered by annoying sounds in general.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Reactions: ARK

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It’s varying degrees maybe but I’ve yet to hear someone say it’s 100% non existent. I think with some folks they just can’t hear it.
I agree, it does appear to be something present on all Mach-Es - some people are either not really bothered by it or don't hear it because it is such a high-pitched noise.

At least, as far as I know, no one has been able to successfully post a video of their noise-free screen if they truly believe their Mach-E does not do this.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have it but honestly I only notice it when I am driving alone, no audio and a low speed: which is pretty much never.
this is coming from a guy that is wildly bothered by annoying sounds in general.
I agree with this too, noises like this drive me up a wall, but the vast majority of the time, it's been OK because I've had my windows open or music on anyway. For those occasions, which are infrequent but do occur, where I really do want complete silence because I'm tired or whatever, it has been a very unpleasant experience.

mburtsvt

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just 1 Rapid Red Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I admit when I did my test drive I did not hear it. Of course I blame my my mid-sixty year old ears and Led Zeppelin. However when I used my AirPod Pros in Transparency mode it came in loud and clear. My advice - listen to Led Zeppelin for 5-10 years and don’t use AirPod Pros in transparency mode when driving.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
for the sake of others coming in the future we should probably use the thread @Kamuelaflyer linked to just to avoid splitting commentary on this ongoing issue :)