I hate you guys,,,

Eosin

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium
I know how you feel. I'm going to pick my Mach e up in a couple weeks.

I'm going to have Xpel applied to the front bumper, hood, fenders, rocker panels, and mirrors before I bring it home.

Then, I'm going to wash, clean with iron remover, clay bar, polish, and apply Avalon Kings ceramic coating.

I've never put that much effort into cleaning and protecting a car's paint. In fact, I've never done more than a basic wash and occasional wax on my previous cars.

On a side note, I too enjoy smoking meats quite a bit. I made bacon for the first time a few months ago. I'm still perfecting my brisket. All I really care about is making perfect burnt ends from the brisket to be completely honest. My last batch was amazing, but I'm not sure if it was luck or I finally found the ideal technique. Smoked ribs are my all time favorite.

What is it with people drawn to the Mach e and smokers? Interesting.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
What is it with people drawn to the Mach e and smokers? Interesting.
No clue. I’m a strict low fat vegan though, so how would I know? ;)

I’ve used Avalon Kings ceramic coating on a ranch vehicle. Good stuff. My MME will be going in for CeramicPro coating in a couple of weeks. Why? So I don’t have to do the work. That’s tge sole reason though.

Deleted member 2014

I’ve only tried pastrami once and I didn’t do very well with it. Probably why I haven’t done it again. Last week I made 15#’s of bacon. Yum.
D17D3EDE-C271-4220-A0A0-504DCDC864FD.jpeg

And I should add, in all fairness, my 80 hour weeks are done in 24 hour shifts (plus some paid travel time). So I can work 80 hours and still have a solid 3 days off. Helps with the smoking and the car detailing.
Cheers ? and happy hobbying.
More gratuitous photos. ?

2192C346-6619-451C-8FFE-E6BDB4567787.jpeg
Honestly the best "off-topic" I´ve ever seen ?

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
I’m 51, and have never done more than run my car through a car wash every couple months wether it needed it or not. Well, today I finished working, got home, cut the lawn, and went at the Smurfmobile with Chemical Guys S102, a foam cannon, 2 buckets, and RainEx. It looks better than any car I’ve ever had, but now I want to clay bar and ceramic it. I’ll say it again… I Hate You Guys.

1E4CFCE5-7786-47BC-A2E7-81D6C5DB52BD.jpeg

B750C883-25F9-4862-9AEC-DC2E8493EA39.jpeg

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
If anyone is ordering one and plans on ceramic coating, make sure you tell the dealer NOT to wash it before you take delivery. Almost all of them have the cheapo gas station-like car washes that will likely add swirl marks and micro scratches to the paint and will need to be corrected for an additional cost.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I'm 52 and I feel your pain, joy, and enthusiasm. It took me 4 hours to do the whole process including 2 coats of Avalon King. Happy with it though.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Around 4:30. ?
People have this strange fascination with smoking everything they can - plants, weed, meat. Is there anything they DON’T smoke? ?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
People have this strange fascination with smoking everything they can - plants, weed, meat. Is there anything they DON’T smoke? ?
You left off tires.

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Well, since they insist that it’s actually a Mustang… spectators at the exit of the car show? #DarkHumor

SbN

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, First Edition
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’ve only tried pastrami once and I didn’t do very well with it. Probably why I haven’t done it again. Last week I made 15#’s of bacon. Yum.
D17D3EDE-C271-4220-A0A0-504DCDC864FD.jpeg

And I should add, in all fairness, my 80 hour weeks are done in 24 hour shifts (plus some paid travel time). So I can work 80 hours and still have a solid 3 days off. Helps with the smoking and the car detailing.
Cheers ? and happy hobbying.
More gratuitous photos. ?

2192C346-6619-451C-8FFE-E6BDB4567787.jpeg
Hell yeah on that brisket! I do a little smoking myself. Keep posting pictures like that and we'll turn this forum from an MME forum to a BBQ forum! HA!!

SbN

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, First Edition
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I’m 51, and have never done more than run my car through a car wash every couple months wether it needed it or not. Well, today I finished working, got home, cut the lawn, and went at the Smurfmobile with Chemical Guys S102, a foam cannon, 2 buckets, and RainEx. It looks better than any car I’ve ever had, but now I want to clay bar and ceramic it. I’ll say it again… I Hate You Guys.

Ditto. my MME FE is the FIRST "new" car I've bought. And yeah, I already had it ceramic coated and I'll be going to the local store to by all the stuff I need to handwash. Been watching way too many tutorials on Youtube on proper washing techniques.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Me too. It's always been either a car wash or whatever bucket, sponge, and dish/laundry soap was available.

Now look at what the Mach E has done!
Ford Mustang Mach-E I hate you guys,,, IMG_6922

Chemical guys all the way!

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag

Looks great.
I never ever heard of claybar or hydrofoil coating before this forum. I know your feeling. I watched sĂł menu YouTube videos that I decided to test it on my Taurus. It never been shinier. Never fought I would spend $2k in paint protection in a car. But this one I want to keep as candy gloss as possible. ?