Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Ok, thanks. I thought the blue oval network included several networks, not just EA.
It will soon.

Some of us are testing out non EA plug and charge chargers....
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
EVgo’s Delta chargers enable split power sharing so two cars can use the same charger. The 200A squat chargers can do both CHAdeMo and CCS and since there aren’t any CHAdeMo cars that can do more than 100kW, 200A is a good match.

The old “Fat Boy” chargers are what is being replaced out in the field right now. They’re 50kW and usually broken.

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
Plug and charge stopped working for me a while ago and I have only been able to access the free charging on EA once. Are there any magic words I can use?

Just coming off of a long trip and no joy... Not many more months and trips left to use the free charging.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Plug and charge stopped working for me a while ago and I have only been able to access the free charging on EA once. Are there any magic words I can use?

Just coming off of a long trip and no joy... Not many more months and trips left to use the free charging.
Open FordPass.
Activate charger.
Plug in.

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The short and wide are the “Fat Boy” chargers. Those are older and didn’t even work at all with the Mach-E until Ford pushed an update. Given a choice, I’d avoid them.
There are newer ones that are 100kw units (Delta) and those provide 72 kw on the Mach E. The old 50kw ones will limit to 35-44kw. The two units on the left in this photo. The other 4 are 350kw units.

Ford Mustang Mach-E I Just DCFC’ed and I Have Questions 😀 EVGOGoodyear

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
There were two types of EVGo chargers. Two were short and squat, and one was much taller with a big screen and a blue light bar on top.
Everyone is just guessing as to what mfg made those chargers. There's a bunch of "short" charge units out there from a variety of different mfgs.

Next time if you are curious, there's a nameplate on the lower side or lower back of the units. Normally they are silver in color. Take a picture of it. It will contain the mfg of the unit and it will also list it's specs. That's the only real way to know what unit it was.

OP
OP
Jimrpa

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Everyone is just guessing as to what mfg made those chargers. There's a bunch of "short" charge units out there from a variety of different mfgs.

Next time if you are curious, there's a nameplate on the lower side or lower back of the units. Normally they are silver in color. Take a picture of it. It will contain the mfg of the unit and it will also list it's specs. That's the only real way to know what unit it was.
Will do, but it’s likely to be a while. I don’t expect to have to DCFC for a while.

LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
Open FordPass.
Activate charger.
Plug in.

Better than abracadabra. I've looked and never quite found this info. Thanks.
Sponsored