Do i have the wrong battery??

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Two day old Mach-E GT should have 270 battery. Fully charged only to 212. This is wrong. Tesla Y charges to its sticker max of 330. Has anyone confronted Ford about this? The car does not have the battery capacity it is supposed to have.
New here aren’t you? But feel free to confront away.
Sponsored

ZuleMME

First Name
Zule
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Job1 P4X MME, 22' MYP
Occupation
Implementation Engineer
Country flag
I remember back when we kept saying don't forget you'll loose 33 to 40% in the winter and people just replied, nah, that won't happen... Good times...

Ford needs to make a GoM "Tesla Mode" where it just gives rated range and ignores reality.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I remember back when we kept saying don't forget you'll loose 33 to 40% in the winter and people just replied, nah, that won't happen... Good times...

Ford needs to make a GoM "Tesla Mode" where it just gives rated range and ignores reality.
Take the range meter out. Blame it on chips. :p

Kevin P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MMEGT - sold, '23 BMW i4 M50, various others
Occupation
IT
Country flag

I agree. Maybe in a power-up, they could add a test concerning battery, driving, and charging behavior. If you pass, you get the real GOM. If you fail, it just says 270 miles regardless.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

Well, that's the thing. I think it's all about setting expectations. There's two choices:

1. Lie to customers and tell them they can get EPA range all the time and have them be upset when they cannot achieve that range. (or get stranded because they believed the GOM)

2. Be upfront about it and have the GOM display a lower range and have customers be upset about that.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
2. Be upfront about it and have the GOM display a lower range and have customers be upset about that.
but not be stranded.

I'll take #2.

Reactions: OWG

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
What a thread! Lol, but I do have a question ( I don't even the car yet , so don't worry.. I ain't complaining) -- how can someone make sure they got the extended range battery - what setting / physical car feature can give them that peace of mind eg. setting / size of battery ? What if the dealer sucked the extra juice out of Teddy's car to give his own car the extra range (it's a pyramid scheme) !
If you open your trunk, you'll know...

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I agree. Maybe in a power-up, they could add a test concerning battery, driving, and charging behavior. If you pass, you get the real GOM. If you fail, it just says 270 miles regardless.
I got it! How about a pop up quiz when you take delivery of your new MME. It’d be in the sync screen.

1. Do cold temperatures affect range on a BEV?
2. Is the EPA rated range of (insert EPA range for particular model) a realistic number that can be achieved under all circumstances?
3. Does driving in the mountains affect range?
4. Is it possible for Ford to have given me the wrong battery?
5. Does speed affect range at all?

Depending on your test score the following would happen:

1. Perfect score: you get the GOM
2. Imperfect score: You’d get a Tesla Style “Lie-O-Meter”
3. All questions answered wrong: No Range meter at all.

So how about our various known Ford employee forum members pass this along OTA this right now! Screw BlueCruise, we need this! Make it happen guys! ;)

EMachE

First Name
Enzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag
Recently received my MME. Ordered a Premium AWD Extended Range. Window sticker shows the 270 range with the charge for the extended battery but when i got it fully charged for the first time today, (Dealership did not fully charge it) the Range shows 212 @ 100%. I have had the car for less than 2 weeks now.

Could my driving history and weather really be driving the range that far down? I have put 300miles on it, but don't drive every day. Live in Denver, weather has been between 20 at a low and about 60 at a high in the past 2 weeks. No new tires or anything like that yet either.
Not sure if anyone has mentioned to reset the driving history. I was getting over 460km (estimate)in the summer and in the winter it shows 230km range. Not sure if that helps.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Not sure if anyone has mentioned to reset the driving history. I was getting over 460km (estimate)in the summer and in the winter it shows 230km range. Not sure if that helps.
I don't recommend resetting the history. All that does is set the range calculation back to the default values, rather than the learned values. Unless you are a new owner then you don't want the defaults, you want your own values.

Remember that the range estimate is just an estimate, and it doesn't control the battery. Resetting might temporarily show a higher (or lower) range, but it is just wrong - the battery didn't change, and the physical number of miles you can drive didn't change.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag
Two day old Mach-E GT should have 270 battery. Fully charged only to 212. This is wrong. Tesla Y charges to its sticker max of 330. Has anyone confronted Ford about this? The car does not have the battery capacity it is supposed to have.
This is what we call "leading with the chin."

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Doing this returns the GOM to the Tesla version. It has no data to work with and will gladly lie to
You at that point.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just resurrecting this thread in time for cooler weather in northern areas.