In Production?

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Thanksgiving (US) is November 26. Maybe we can get Black Friday deals on our cars.
I previously had a dream of sitting in my Mach-e for Thanksgiving, does anyone believe in the significance of dreams?
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Problem is people have cancelled first edition and dealerships that order them are trying to people with other models to see if they want first editions. That should not be a problem many people wanting to swap I'm sure bro.
I believe that is what happened with me. Someone else held a reservation for an FE and wasn't ready to convert so my dealership called me to see if I wanted it. It was clear to me that Ford was fully aware of this. My dealer rep told me that his Ford agent was asking him to contact the FE reservation holders for a decision. I presume least one person said they were going to pass and the Ford agent likely then told my dealer rep that he could offer it to another customer with a Premium order. I was the first to convert at that dealership so I was first on the list to get the opportunity. As best as I understand anyway. I didn't really ask too many questions, I just said "Yes" fairly quick. :)

The one comment from the dealer rep that stuck with me is he said the FE that I inherited would be the first one to arrive at his dealership. That implies that he has more than one on order....and it also implies they may not all arrive at once. I presume the first to arrive comment is based on the reservation number being lower than the others in his system but I am not sure about the second part. Super curious about the shipping method for these. I presume by train to Texas and then truck to AZ or maybe even train directly to AZ?

If that thing comes in on a train car then I would love to snap a photo of it rolling into town. That would be cool. My father-in-law has a photo of his 1961 Bel Air on the train when it arrived in Tucson (from the Los Angeles Assembly Plant).

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I saw it noted before, that's the OK to buy date = date when Ford is expected to say it is OK for dealers to sell Mach-E's to customers. (first possible customer delivery date)
Doh! I guess I knew that, but OK to Build threw me off.

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
yeah the way it looks ford is not going to meet 10,000 mach-e on the dealers lot by end of December it looks like. really this is more now of a 2021 for the cars now. What is the number they might get the dealerships and to the public by end of this year?

It’s a 2021 model year so it’s OK. 10000 holy cow, no way now. 10,000 maybe with demo included. I would say 5,000 to 6,000 max.

Yeah even with demo not enough to make 10,000 like they thought before all of this. So many people message saying dealership this or that. I promise you no way 10,000 before end of year 6,000 again max and demo model and few other made for special order people.

January and February will be when most starting seeing their Mach-E. That goes for all in the auto manufacturing also. People forgot how many other brands and cars was pushed back.

what was ford initial number sold this year on mach-e rob do you remember?

Yes 15,000 that was target. lost 6 weeks due to covid-19 and couple weeks with supplies getting back into the swing. Hard to make up 2 months lost time. Just hang in there this things is a beast its worth the wait people don't understand how well made this is.

Rides better and with less flaws then a Tesla when you pick it up. Tesla can't drive like the mach-e in winter weather also a lot of people don't get that.

Well thanks i feel like a kid waiting at xmas time. lol

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
These things are going to attract a crowd everywhere they go. It will be a halo car that people actually can justify buying. Once these are on dealer lots, it will be a simple matter of a test drive to be sold as long as the dealer doesnt get greedy.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
yeah the way it looks ford is not going to meet 10,000 mach-e on the dealers lot by end of December it looks like. really this is more now of a 2021 for the cars now. What is the number they might get the dealerships and to the public by end of this year?

It’s a 2021 model year so it’s OK. 10000 holy cow, no way now. 10,000 maybe with demo included. I would say 5,000 to 6,000 max.

Yeah even with demo not enough to make 10,000 like they thought before all of this. So many people message saying dealership this or that. I promise you no way 10,000 before end of year 6,000 again max and demo model and few other made for special order people.

January and February will be when most starting seeing their Mach-E. That goes for all in the auto manufacturing also. People forgot how many other brands and cars was pushed back.

Yes 15,000 that was target. lost 6 weeks due to covid-19 and couple weeks with supplies getting back into the swing. Hard to make up 2 months lost time. Just hang in there this things is a beast its worth the wait people don't understand how well made this is.

Rides better and with less flaws then a Tesla when you pick it up. Tesla can't drive like the mach-e in winter weather also a lot of people don't get that.

Delays are to be expected. Whether those delays will be sufficient to cause people to cancel their orders is another matter. (Or to actually order for that matter -- we do have some who cannot take delivery until 2021). Everyone has their own criteria for the MME. For some, it may be their only vehicle and it needs to be able to fulfill all their needs, for others, it's an extra car or expensive toy. For the former, they may cancel if the range proves to be inaccurate (low) or the necessary infrastructure isn't in place where they live. For the latter, the delays could push the MME beyond the time frame they're willing to wait.

Nobody, outside of epidemiologists, was expecting a pandemic. And the epidemiologists weren't expecting this pandemic.

Last edited:

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

Well, that's not exactly what I wanted to hear, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll see delivery this year.

Boomerdawg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F250 Lariat, 2017 Fusion Titanium Energi
Country flag
Recieved an a email from Ford early this morning, my order has moved to production with order ID#5292, what I assume is a build #, if true, I am very hopeful of seeing it before the end of the year.

Boomerdawg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I must have been dreaming, after going back and re-reading the email, it appears that this is a confirmation that the dealer has placed the order. I could have sworn it said it was placed in production, I must have been thrown off by the different order ID #, as when I originally placed the order the ID was # 10010081 and placed 06/30/2020. This email shows an order date of 07/20/2020. Based on that, it would appear that roughly half of all reservations have converted to orders? My guess is that since today is the 20th of August, Ford has assigned a build number to the orders? I seem to have seen something somewhere about this date.

Boomerdawg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I must have been dreaming, after going back and re-reading the email, it appears that this is a confirmation that the dealer has placed the order. I could have sworn it said it was placed in production, I must have been thrown off by the different order ID #, as when I originally placed the order the ID was # 10010081 and placed 06/30/2020. This email shows an order date of 07/20/2020. Based on that, it would appear that roughly half of all reservations have converted to orders? My guess is that since today is the 20th of August, Ford has assigned a build number to the orders? I seem to have seen something somewhere about this date.
Another thought: Someone else just finalized their order, and the dealer screwed up and used my email. I was the first to actually finalized my order, but I was not the first to assign to the dealer. That would explain the lower order number, I think, because
when I log on to the website, it still shows the original order number.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Another thought: Someone else just finalized their order, and the dealer screwed up and used my email. I was the first to actually finalized my order, but I was not the first to assign to the dealer. That would explain the lower order number, I think, because
when I log on to the website, it still shows the original order number.
I also got a similar email. I think with today, 8/20, being the day they start production scheduling, our orders are getting assigned a production order number. Mine was changed to 1591. Which is feasible since I ordered a FE.
Hopeful our next email is about when production is scheduled and a possible VIN.

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Can you guys screenshot or copy paste the email?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I haven't gotten any e-mails other than the "More Mustang Mach-E excitement" since the original "Order request placed. Thrills ahead." which confirmed my order and had my reservation number as the "Order ID".

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Some of us think that 4-digit Order ID that many people are seeing is simply a number within that dealer's population of vehicle orders only (all vehicles, not just MMEs), and therefore has no relative bearing to other dealers or Ford's overall queuing of the Mach-e. Some people were reporting seeing those 4-digit numbers as soon as their reservation converted to order status, even back at the end of June.

In other words, the 4-digit "Order ID" number is meaningless as any indicator of timing.

Tsand4

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed -rec'd 1/27/21, '14 Fusion Hybrid SE
Country flag
Can you guys screenshot or copy paste the email?
Ford Mustang Mach-E In Production? Screenshot_2020-08-20-11-21-37
Ford Mustang Mach-E In Production? Screenshot_2020-08-20-11-20-21

These are screen shots of my initial transition of reservation to order from June 30 which shows res# as order#, and of yesterday's email confirming order with new order#. I also noticed the image of my MME is now facing a bit more head on. Suggesting it's closer to heading my way?