efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I went to the road show event at Malouf on Wednesday and had an interesting conversation with one of the folks from Ford. He said that they had driven down from Albany, NY to Edison, NJ and had ninety miles of range left when they arrived. Assuming they started with a full battery that would mean they came in just above the 280-mile expected range.

Based on that I expect the EPA range to be significantly higher than the current estimate.
Sponsored

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I went to the road show event at Malouf on Wednesday and had an interesting conversation with one of the folks from Ford. He said that they had driven down from Albany, NY to Edison, NJ and had ninety miles of range left when they arrived. Assuming they started with a full battery that would mean they came in just above the 280-mile expected range.

Based on that I expect the EPA range to be significantly higher than the current estimate.
Premium AWD ER? Also depends on route. One is 168 miles and the other 201.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag

Yes, I spoke with someone at the All American Ford of Old Bridge. He did mention the same. I know I inquired but I cannot recall what his average highway speed was. I usually drive 65 to 70mph on the Thruway for at least 60% of the time between NYC and Albany when i account for traffic congestion. If he did the same, then it bodes well for the range.

DBC

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt ELR
Country flag

That's because it's downhill! (JK -- it is just not by a lot).

A lot depends on how they drove. 70 MPH vs 75 MPH makes a difference. I wouldn't rely too much on a number from one drive which you don't know too much about. Given that deliveries are imminent it shouldn't be too long until we know the EPA numbers. Freeway range should be roughly equal to the EPA Highway --not the combined -- number.

I don't have a good guess as to how close the City range is to the Highway range. For me the closer the better. For example, a combined range of 330 miles where the City range is much greater than the Highway range might yield fewer freeway miles than a combined range of 300 miles with a smaller difference between City and Highway ranges. Time will tell.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Idk that’s the northway and is like 55-65mph max. Makes me concerned it’s going to be ~250 highway like we keep hearing, and then like 270s/280s EPA. Completely uncompetitive really

OP
OP

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Idk that’s the northway and is like 55-65mph max. Makes me concerned it’s going to be ~250 highway like we keep hearing, and then like 270s/280s EPA. Completely uncompetitive really
It would not be the Northway. The Northway runs North from Albany to the Canadian border. The Thruway, which runs from Albany South is 65MPH. While you could run into traffic, especially returning to the city on a Sunday night, mid-week traffic during covid should be light so I would expect full highway speeds for the entire route.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
It would not be the Northway. The Northway runs North from Albany to the Canadian border. The Thruway, which runs from Albany South is 65MPH. While you could run into traffic, especially returning to the city on a Sunday night, mid-week traffic during covid should be light so I would expect full highway speeds for the entire route.
Ah ok that’s good to know, I hardly ever drive into the city. You think 70mph for that 170mi stretch is a reasonable assumption?

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Weather says 70-46F for Weds in Albany. Likely wasn’t too off from ideal, maybe 50 if they left at night.
Sponsored