MorsRedigo

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mache
Country flag
Anyone else having an issue where the instrument cluster is not working? This just happened while driving. Road side is taking it to the dealership for repair, but yea that was scary, and no backup mechanism to see speed on the big display.

Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 8.28.50 AM.png
Sponsored

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Good ol' Visteon clusters. Probably just bad. This happened a ton on the 2018 Mustangs but I thought they had since fixed them. $3000 cluster and ridiculous amount of stuff has to come off the dash to replace it!

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Anyone else having an issue where the instrument cluster is not working? This just happened while driving. Road side is taking it to the dealership for repair, but yea that was scary, and no backup mechanism to see speed on the big display.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Instrument Cluster Not Working Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 8.28.50 AM
Out of curiosity, and I have zero idea if this will help, but did you try rebooting Sync after this happened with the Vol Down + Right Skip buttons?

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
You just converted to a Tesla, sort of. :)

Seems like there's an inordinate amount of errors on this car. I take PaaK with a grain of salt because anything relying on BLE is a bad concept. I can blame Ford for the concept but some of the issues are doubtless going to be phone-side. Anyone NOT have a Bluetooth issue at least once? That said, when it comes to this, the dreaded turtle, window buffeting, misaligned tailgates, etc. there are some quality control issues under the covers. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that a newer build has some of those kinks worked out.

I noticed this on the Ford manuals website as I was pre-reading:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Instrument Cluster Not Working Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 8.28.50 AM

I didn't see a "post 6/6" manual, but it kinda implies there's a breakpoint somewhere. Hoping that my 6/19 production start means I'm in the green! :)
I caught that today myself. Having a build week at the end of June into July, I'm now curious as well. Could be that's just when they last updated the manual, so they mark it with that date essentially to say, "Well, at least up to THIS POINT, we know it's correct," but I'm also hopeful that maybe there have been a couple of tweaks.

OP
OP
MorsRedigo

MorsRedigo

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mache
Country flag
You just converted to a Tesla, sort of. :)

Seems like there's an inordinate amount of errors on this car. I take PaaK with a grain of salt because anything relying on BLE is a bad concept. I can blame Ford for the concept but some of the issues are doubtless going to be phone-side. Anyone NOT have a Bluetooth issue at least once? That said, when it comes to this, the dreaded turtle, window buffeting, misaligned tailgates, etc. there are some quality control issues under the covers. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that a newer build has some of those kinks worked out.

I noticed this on the Ford manuals website as I was pre-reading:

I didn't see a "post 6/6" manual, but it kinda implies there's a breakpoint somewhere. Hoping that my 6/19 production start means I'm in the green! :)
ironically my PAAK works fine so maybe because of that i lose the screen :D

MachoHulkWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Camery
Country flag
Having watched this forum for the past two weeks and really wanting a Mach-E, with all the issues with the vehicle, I don't know if I can pull the trigger. I mean, a $60k car shouldn't have this many problems. Don't give me the line of "It's the first model year, there's going to be issues". These are major issues. It's not like a recall that's done that only would effect 1 in 10,000 people - it's multiple, major issues. Issues that can make the car inoperable or have it sit in a shop for a month. I don't understand why Ford is continuing to sell this car in its' current state. They should just pause all sales until they can get a majority of this stuff worked out.

OP
OP
MorsRedigo

MorsRedigo

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mache
Country flag
Having watched this forum for the past two weeks and really wanting a Mach-E, with all the issues with the vehicle, I don't know if I can pull the trigger. I mean, a $60k car shouldn't have this many problems. Don't give me the line of "It's the first model year, there's going to be issues". These are major issues. It's not like a recall that's done that only would effect 1 in 10,000 people - it's multiple, major issues. Issues that can make the car inoperable or have it sit in a shop for a month. I don't understand why Ford is continuing to sell this car in its' current state. They should just pause all sales until they can get a majority of this stuff worked out.
honestly i love the car, even with a few small issues.

I had more issues with other vehicles ive owned. this is nothing and doesnt bug me at all. :)

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Yeah, I get cold feet on my order once in a while too, but my current car is a 2019 Acura RDX--the first year of the major redesign all done and built in America. Man, oh, man did the forums at the time have a bunch of people screaming about issues, and many were also major. I purposely shopped for a high VIN number toward the end of the model year (right about where my current MME VIN is also), and mine has been--knock on wood--perfect. It's just a risk vs reward thing, and from what I can tell from a LOT of people here, it's a pretty high reward!

kevC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E AWD Preimum Carbon Gray
Country flag
Have you considered that maybe the "Issues" subforum on a vehicle specific message board isn't really the most representative place to gauge reliability?

OP
OP
MorsRedigo

MorsRedigo

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mache
Country flag
Have you considered that maybe the "Issues" subforum on a vehicle specific message board isn't really the most representative place to gauge reliability?
Exactly this :) I posted it here, to share my experience and see if others had this. It does not affect my joy of ownership. I love this vehicle and would recommend it to anyone who wants an EV.

jdsimard2012

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
This as never happened on the driver display but I did get a scrambled display twice in the center display. I took a video and sent it to the dealer. They did a full diagnostic and could not find anything wrong. I have close to 10,000km and this as only happened twice briefly and self corrected both times.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
This as never happened on the driver display but I did get a scrambled display twice in the center display. I took a video and sent it to the dealer. They did a full diagnostic and could not find anything wrong. I have close to 10,000km and this as only happened twice briefly and self corrected both times.
I have had my car since Feb and have not had any of the issues experience by other fellow owners. My only issues which seem to be the predominant ones are my first attempt at plug and charge (no issues now since my first attempt), and then the sporadic delayed issue with PAAK. I hope that whatever issues other owners have are being monitored by Ford through whatever means and that they are working urgently to come up with fixes.

That said, the car is a joy and sometimes I forget it's an electric vehicle until I realize I have 40 miles range remaining. My real world average is 3.1 miles/Kw. By real world, I mean i don't drive any differently than when I owned my 2017 Ford Explorer Sport.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Ok. Bye.
This.
Sponsored