Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Rt 1
Occupation
Hvacr tech
Country flag
I have had more ppl take pics of my MME then I care to have, saying that.. its always nice having a car that everyone wants. Almost every person, we are talking dozens, have gushed over my baby. I love this car and the diehard mustang ppl who can't handle an EV using its name... Don't hate on us because the future us electric, just embrace the future.
Sponsored

gom-mme

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Route 1
Occupation
Retrired
Country flag
Just finished up test driving one for a few days again and during that time, I had mostly positive reactions. Most people would smile and point from a distance when they saw me at the charger with it. In traffic, lots of rubber-necking as I drove by or pulled up beside someone. Only got one thumbs up from a ICE mustang on the road, all the others I saw never so much as turned their heads. A few people have flat out told me, "it's not a mustang" including a co worker the first day I drove it to work after I picked it up to drive for a few days. A few others approached me while in a parking lot to ask about it. A couple people confused that it's all electric. I showed one person where the charge port is and they asked where I put the gas in. It seems pretty mixed but I still can't wait to have mine and keep getting all the reactions and questions.
It's been 11 weeks now for me. All day long, every stop light, every recharge station, every parking lot, every coffee stop, everywhere. The compliments don't stop coming. I've demoed and promoted this MME so much that I thing Ford owes me something.
I've been driving a Mustang since 1978, with 5 GTs/5.0s, none comes close to the satisfaction I get with my Route1.
Well done Ford, well done.

PXL_20210512_172142661.jpg

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I have had more ppl take pics of my MME then I care to have, saying that.. its always nice having a car that everyone wants. Almost every person, we are talking dozens, have gushed over my baby. I love this car and the diehard mustang ppl who can't handle an EV using its name... Don't hate on us because the future us electric, just embrace the future.
I have a grabber blue FE. I am also one of the people that doesnā€™t consider the Mach-E a ā€œMustangā€. Not because itā€™s an EV, but rather because it is a 4-door utility vehicle, not a coupe.

if they had put this drivetrain under the body of a Mustang GT coupe, I would be 100% with you on the ā€œit IS a Mustangā€ thing, but as long as itā€™s an suv, the best I can agree to on that front is ā€œit has the soul of a Mustang ā€œ, or ā€œinspired by the Mustangā€.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I took my IB Mach-E on a road trip to TX this past weekend. Didn't get a whole lot of interactions while driving, though I am pretty much laser-focused on what's in front of me at highway speeds and don't typically swivel around to see what people next to me are doing.

First was at my first charging stop in Forrest City, AR, couple of guys on their way to do some landscaping pulled up behind me at the charging station and were asking what it was. They drove off, then a few seconds later circled back around to ask more questions. Even though I've only owned it for a week, I guess from researching it for so long, I don't even realize anymore how unusual it must look to most people.

My other interactions came from fellow EV owners at a couple of charging stations who seemed to already know about it and just wanted to press the door buttons now that it was at their fingertips ?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
if they had put this drivetrain under the body of a Mustang GT coupe, I would be 100% with you on the ā€œit IS a Mustangā€ thing, but as long as itā€™s an suv, the best I can agree to on that front is ā€œit has the soul of a Mustang ā€œ, or ā€œinspired by the Mustangā€.
And that's OK - it will take time but it will gain acceptance to the wider Mustang community. Not necessarily as a "true" mustang, but that's OK. My 1987 4 cylinder LX wasn't really a mustang either.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
And that's OK - it will take time but it will gain acceptance to the wider Mustang community. Not necessarily as a "true" mustang, but that's OK. My 1987 4 cylinder LX wasn't really a mustang either.
Thatā€™s like saying my ā€˜67 with the 200 straight 6 wasnā€™t a Mustang. Itā€™s not about power, itā€™s about the body. Mustang has ALWAYS been a rwd sports coupe. That means 2 doors. We had this discussion back in 10987 when they tried to slap the Mustang name on what became the Probe.

like I said, I have a Mach-E, Iā€™m good with it being electric, Iā€™m fine with ā€œinspired by ā€œ or ā€œsoul ofā€, but I donā€™t consider my Mach-E a Mustang.

And, Ford clearly does t consider it a real Mustang either, or we would have a lot more information available through the gauge cluster screen like all the real Mustangs get.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My wife and I just did a mini vacation to a resort in the Poconos, and apparently mine was the first Mach E that any of them have seen. All of the valet's came over to see it and ask about it. The one lady said "I saw you driving up and wondered 'what the heck is that?'". Later when I got my car back to go to dinner, the valet that brought it back had positive things to say about it. He's driven lots of Teslas, but he said the Mach E feels much better to drive and has a nicer interior. I don't think he was schmoozing me since I had already given him his tip- he seemed genuinely to like the car.

Aye Aye Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Elechicken
Country flag
Last edited:

Aye Aye Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Occupation
Elechicken
Country flag
Haha, had a Chrisler Pacifica hybrid for a bid that we put on Turo, I really liked it.
Went out to get a pizza one night.
It was either 30 min wait to get a seat and then 30 mins for a pizza of order to go and wait 30 min. We ordered to go went to a gas station sat in the back and watched the onboard entertainment system then went and got the pizza and went home.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Thatā€™s like saying my ā€˜67 with the 200 straight 6 wasnā€™t a Mustang. Itā€™s not about power, itā€™s about the body.
While the Mach E doesn't fit the traditional form factor of "what defines a mustang" it is not the first. When they came out with the hatchback version (77?), people said the same thing about that. Eventually the definition of "what a mustang is" changed, and many fully embrace the hatchback style as a "classic". One could argue that the Mach E is a return to that era of hatchbacks - with a "modern take".

Evolution is necessary, and it's good to see you embracing that it is "mustang inspired"; IMHO I don't think it's "really" a mustang either. The important thing is that it is more fun to drive than my '87, and that is what matters more than a label.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I was looking for a BEV compact SUV with AWD, good range and power. I was not interested in Tesla and not happy with many cars coming out, but the MME is just what I was looking for. I was not looking for a Mustang and I agree it's more Mustang inspired. Whatever you call it, I love this car ?

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I have had mini crowds around my car when I got back from what ever I was doing. I had a guy who was taking pictures and looked sheepish when I caught him. I had a guy in a late model souped up Mustang with very dark tinted windows come speeding up on me from behind, check me out back, side and front then fade back roll his window down and give me a big grin. That was on the 101 going South Past San Jose. Then the bastard boxed me in and took off not letting me show him how fast I could go!

Last edited:

EV-PONY

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Country flag
Finally, I got my first admirer of my MME. I was parking in a parking lot for few hours. Then after i m done with my business i tried to get into my car. One of the parking attendee approaching me and asked if I had an accident earlier. I was shocked and wondered so i asked him Why? He told me there are 2 ladies was taking pictures of my car at front, sides, and back then looking inside of my car. He took their car license plate and offered if I need it. I told him no I dont need it i know why they took the pictures of my car. I thank him for his awareness for getting the license plate for me.
One thing I wish my MME has a sentry mode like Tesla so I be able to view the recorded video.

TeeMart1984

First Name
Terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E AWD
Occupation
Painter
Country flag
Had a Tesla driver smoke me at the stop light. Wasnā€™t trying to race him not realized he was next to me, but tore off like a maniac when the light went green. Iā€™ll take that as 1 negative reaction lol.

Had a Teala driver today pull up next to me and give me a thumbs up.

Iā€™m in DFW TExas area and their are Teslaā€™s everywhere you look. Weā€™ll see what other reactions I get as time goes on.

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
While the Mach E doesn't fit the traditional form factor of "what defines a mustang" it is not the first. When they came out with the hatchback version (77?), people said the same thing about that. Eventually the definition of "what a mustang is" changed, and many fully embrace the hatchback style as a "classic". One could argue that the Mach E is a return to that era of hatchbacks - with a "modern take".

Evolution is necessary, and it's good to see you embracing that it is "mustang inspired"; IMHO I don't think it's "really" a mustang either. The important thing is that it is more fun to drive than my '87, and that is what matters more than a label.
One could argue that. But, weā€™re those hatchbacks titled as ā€œutility vehicleā€? I am not claiming to be the final authority on wgat a Mustang is or is not. Im just expressing my opinion.
Sponsored