JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
So far I have noticed almost 100% positive responses from female drivers. They really like everything about the car. The guys like it too but about half question the Mustang name......otherwise they all agree it looks like a neat car.

I am having a problem on the freeway still.....I normally like to drive in my own space. Either leading or trailing the pack but I haven't really been able to do that yet because other drivers speed up to catch me and then match my pace while whey check out the car, take photos etc. It's cool but hopefully the novelty will wear off soon so I can feel safer on the freeways. ;)
LOL I've noticed that too. The really annoying thing about it is they pull up and sit in your blind spot right when you have to get over.

---------------------
Yeah I've had people lean out of their car taking pics, people asking me to roll down the window to ask questions, a lot of "cool car" comments.

So far, in the month I've had it, I've seen 5 other Mach-E's: Two Red, another Infinite Blue, a grey, and, just yesterday, a grey/silver one (going in the opposite direction as me so it was a quick glance). Keep in mind that I'm 10 minutes from Dearborn...
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yep. Lots of positive comments, impromptu photos or videos taken, and only a couple of #notamustang comments.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I've only had the car a day, so my experiences are limited, but I had my first compliment today in a pretty funny scenario. In Oakland there's a golf course with what must be the most dangerous golf course entry road in the world. When you turn into the complex the road literally bisects the middle of 5 of the holes. A par 3, two par fives, and 2 par fours. On the way in I was super nervous in my new car, and on the way out I was basically crawling along making sure nobody was about to hit as I passed through the gauntlet. Due to the nature of the layout I passed within about 15 feet of a golfer on one of the par fives. I had my windows down to provide less surface area that could be feasibly destroyed by an errant shot, and the guy yells, "Hey man, awesome car!" All I had time to do was yell back, "thanks!" I later found out from a playing partner that there was also someone taking pictures of the car in the lot as well.
All in all pretty fun first 24 hour experiences lol

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
One nice thing about owning a MachE is that they will be fairly rare for about a year. I have yet to see another on the road.

SpaceNeedle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Today a Tesla pulled up next to me and started honking. I was fully prepared for the "Tesla wannabe" comments as I rolled down my window. Instead, he said "GREAT CAR--IT'S JUST BEAUTIFUL!" Then proceeded to ask how I liked it and again said it was just beautiful, as the light changed and we went our separate ways. I actually think I could feel my GB FE smiling all the way home.

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Lots of thumbs up, nods, photos, and compliments. Expected some #notamustang comments but none so far. I have yet to see another on the road but I know they are out there ?

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
Well I haven't seen one yet, but I saw a VW ID4 and Etron sportback today. Would have expected to see Mach E before that.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I have had tons of thumbs up, and lots of rubbernecking. Today I went for a fun little drive down 280 which- for those of you not in the Bay Area it built like a race track in lots of places. I was buzzing along when I came up to one of the electric Porsches. He and I ogled each other for a bit then I took off. I also passed a Tesla that tried to keep up, but I wasn't in the mood. I Love this ride! It was worth the wait and I have more fun driving this than anything I have owned in a very long time. I texted my Car sales Dude and he was more than happy to hear how much fun I am having ?

jksu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium STD RWD Shadow Black
Country flag
i’ve had thumbs up from mustang, bmw 4 series, tesla and land rover drivers. the bmw guy even did an illegal u-turn to catch up to me to give the thumbs up and then another illegal to head back the direction he was going.

also random people outside coffee shops or trail head parking lots asking “what kind of car is that?” or “omg, is that the new mustang?”

it’s pretty cool

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Love the stories.
For me, people seem to be interested, but confused by it.
Most who have asked me about it don't seem to understand that it's electric, even after I tell them -- the response is always "so it's a hybrid?" "No... Fully electric", and then I show them the frunk - "where's the engine!?"

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Another pretty funny situation today. My wife and I were driving to her brothers house in Sonoma and as we were about to pull in front of the house to park, the car in front of us parked right in front of their house. We were trying to guess who it could be that was also invited over for a quick socially distanced hello with the brothers family. Some guy we don't recognize gets out of the car and walks up and says, "I was actually pulling over to let your car drive by so I could take a look at it." ?

Talked to him for about 5 minutes about the car. He had no idea it was an electric, but saw the Mustang logo. At this point with all of the positive reactions I've gotten I'm actually insulted if someone doesn't notice the car and comment on it! ?

(Totally joking about that last sentence)

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Over the past week I've owned the car, I've had countless random people stop in parking lots, at red lights, at charging stations - all to ask questions and compliment the car and the color (infinite blue). Most seemed to already be aware of the Mach-E's existence but had never seen one in person before.

My favorite interaction so far was a pedestrian walking by me while I was stopped waiting for someone in front of me to parallel park. He asked me what kind of car this was, and I told him it's a Mustang SUV. His response: (widened eyes) "Holy sh** that's a Mustang???" ?

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Love the stories.
Most who have asked me about it don't seem to understand that it's electric, even after I tell them -- the response is always "so it's a hybrid?" "No... Fully electric", and then I show them the frunk - "where's the engine!?"
I agree completely. I've had a few who knew exactly what it is and are excited to see it, lots of "First time seeing one in person!!!".

Many others have no clue what it is, and have the same "hybrid" response when I mention that it's electric.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
Love the stories.
I've found this to be a pretty common misconception at least in my friends and family circle (non are huge car aficionados, including myself). For most people, there's Tesla and then there's hybrid vehicles. When I told friends earlier that I was buying a Mustang EV they assumed it was a hybrid until I specifically told them it didn't use any gas. They were shocked!

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
I agree completely. I've had a few who knew exactly what it is and are excited to see it, lots of "First time seeing one in person!!!".

Many others have no clue what it is, and have the same "hybrid" response when I mention that it's electric.
have someone doing some work at the house right now and he said "ok, I have to ask, why did you buy an electric Mustang?"

so I guess yay for awareness bad for... #NotAMustang?

I told him that I was looking for an EV (true), if they were willing to put the Mustang name on it, it is can't be too bad, right (true, and he laughed), and I've had a V8 in the past but at my age, it would just come across as a mid-life crisis car (true, and he laughed at that too).
Sponsored