Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I am not claiming to be the final authority on wgat a Mustang is or is not. Im just expressing my opinion.
Fair enough - and same here.

Anyway, I am pretty sure that the term "sport utility vehicle" didn't get coined until the 90's and certainly wasn't applied to the mustang hatchbacks. With that said, I certainly used my '87 LX hatchback as a truck when I renovated our first home. My wife had a Fiero and I the LX, so my car was the "truck". I got all sorts of crazy stuff home in it. I couldn't get sheetrock or plywood home in it, but with the passenger window open, the passenger seat forward and the hatch open I got home 12 foot 2x10's for our deck. It took me several trips and I was definitely a road hazard, but it worked.

I'm a lot smarter now and won't do something like that, but when you're young you don't think about what can go wrong.
Sponsored

mountp

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GB ME FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Funny thing the other day. I was taking my wife and her mother for ride in my Mache. I told my wife to get into the back seat. She opened the front door and started rolling the seat forward; I said what are you doing? She never realized that the car had 4 doors...

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
So this just happened. My wife left for the gym, and about 5 minutes later, the driveway Ring went off. I thought, she's been sitting in her car this whole time??? So I brought up the video and someone was looking my car over in the driveway ? Opened it full-screen and it was a neighbor of mine out on a walk. I guess backing it in draws attention to that mean-looking front end.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I was getting out of my car at Lowe's as a guy was walking by. He saw the pony on the front, and chuckling to himself he said "ha a mustang". I just stood there looking at him not having a comeback ready when he realized I was standing there. The ensuing conversation went like this:

Him: "oh, I was just laughing at how you put the mustang on the front of that"

Me: "it IS a mustang"

Him: "GET OUT! That's a mustang?"

I showed him the interior and we talked a bit; he genuinely had no idea what it was

Jim D

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E - GT
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The negative reactions I have received have been few and far between, and they’ve centered almost exclusively on the nameplate.
My best reaction came when I showed up for a Riverkeeper Cleanup of the Hudson River and the woman running the cleanup told me she loved me and gave me a Riverkeeper volunteer tee shirt.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Best reaction I have seen so far came from a woman In the parking lot at Walmart. She completely flipped out with a string of four letter words and then said, “ That’s a pretty car! “ She was in awe of it!! Lol

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Was at an Electrify America stations in SF when another Shadow Black Mach e pulled up to the station next to mine. I was in my car on the phone, but this being the first Mach E owner I'd seen, I hung up, all excited to chat with him about the car. Turns out he was renting the car on Turo, so it wasn't much of a conversation other than him saying he liked it and would love to get one down the road. I spent a bit trying to help him get plug and charge working before telling him to call EA. He ended up having to wait for my charge to get to 80% in order to use my station lol

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Running to the store early this morning and come to a stop light: 3 of the 4 directions have a Mach-E (two IB and a red one--yes one is me) waiting to pass or going through.

Yup....

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I was on my way home when a guy in a jacked-up Tahoe pulled up beside me - I was going straight, he was in the right turn lane. He motions to me to roll the window down. I thought "here we go - some redneck wants to rag me about my EV."

Him: "Is that a Ford?"
Me: "Yep"
Him: "Mustang?"
Me: "Yeah, electric Mach-E".
Him: "Wow, that's cool! Nice car!"

I guess I need to learn to control my application of stereotypes ?

fmtexmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Yesterday evening I went to vote in the runoff election for my town mayor. Both candidates had tents set up and, even though I wasn't paying attention, I ended up parking near the tent of the candidate I was voting for. As I walked by the tent on my way to the building, one of the volunteers asked me if I wanted to meet the candidate and I said sure. She called him over and he comes up to me, shakes my hand while introducing himself and then he says, "I love your car". So, we spent the next 10 minutes talking about the Mach-E. I told my wife that if I hadn't planned on voting for him to begin with, I certainly would have after that. Anyone with that good taste in cars gets my vote. :)

D4rkt

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Ford Escape, 2021 MME Premium ER
Country flag
The road in front of my house has a speed limit of 25MPH so it's not uncommon to see a local Sheriff Officer pull someone over for speeding. I saw the blue flashing lights ahead of me and there were two sheriff deputies just finishing up with their traffic stop. As I approached the the sheriff cars the vehicle involved in the traffic stop was just leaving and I slowed down to a crawl to allow the car to pass. When I did the two sheriff deputies stepped out into the road, flagged me down and had me stop my car. I rolled down my window ready to defend my position when one exclaimed "Is this the new Mach-E? This is the first one I've seen. This is really nice." They walked around the car. They commented further on the styling and thanked me for stopping and letting them check it out. That was a bit of an ego boost.?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Went to the Detroit Tiger's game today--first time in almost 2 years now.

Pulled into the parking lot and there was a Rapid Red Premium sitting there and the people were "frunkgating" standing around enjoying the attention.

I pulled up, rolled down the window "Hey that is a pretty fancy car ya got right there". Took them a sec or two "hey yeah its a ... wait that's a California Route 1" "Do you work for Ford?" As I drove away I heard one of them "I love that color!"

So did anyone on here from the Detroit area go to the Tiger's game and this jerk pulls up?? well that was me LOL.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Have had a few in the past 48 hours ... yesterday I went to meet someone to sell something from FB marketplace -- before we began the transaction, he said, "When we're done, I'm gonna get a picture of your 'truck,' is that cool?" Then he decided to just walk around it making a Snapchat video that he narrated with lots of praise. Being broad daylight in a busy parking lot and feeling safe about it, I let him film inside too. He was very polite about it, apologized for making me stand in the blazing Memphis sun while he did all of it :) When I got home, I backed barely into my driveway because I was heading back out a few minutes later. Got a UPS delivery, and when I went to get the package off the porch, I saw the UPS guy was taking pictures of it from the sidewalk ?

Today I had to run back to the dealership to get new drive out tags, when not one, but two people pulled beside me at different stop lights and rolled their windows down trying to get my attention. I pretended to not notice and just keep looking ahead and singing to my music -- maybe it's a jerk move to do that when they are just interested in the car, but at times I just don't want the attention.

It's cool to have something so unique right now, but sometimes I just want to drive uninterrupted.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It's cool to have something so unique right now, but sometimes I just want to drive uninterrupted.
I’m still in the honeymoon phase of enjoying the attention. It still turns heads everywhere I go because there are so few where I live. I’ve still only seen one other in the wild even though I know there’s a couple more out there.
Sponsored