DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
Pure Flow Air now lists a compatible air filter for the 2021/2022 Mach-E.

https://pureflowair.com/products/2022-ford-mustang-mach-e-cabin-air-filter-pc99542x

Screenshot_20210608-120734_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210608-120801_Chrome.jpg
So I just installed a PureFlow air filter in my Mach-E, and you guys should know that there is a very noticeable impact to the flow of air coming out of the vents. Basically I need to kick the fan 1 speed higher to get the flow that u used to get.

When you look at the construction of the filters this makes sense, since the stock Mach-E filter is essentially like a thin sheet of coffee filter that was likely designed with AIR FLOW EFFICIENCY in mind. While the PureFlow has many layers, is much thicker and was designed with PARTICULATE CAPTURE in mind.

Basically if you're on the fence right now you need to decide how important the quality of air is to you, versus the actual strength and flow of air.

For me personally I have only driven with the PureFlow for about a week, but I think I'm OK to kick the fan speed a tad bit higher knowing that the cabin air quality is actually being filtered properly. I personally have year round allergies and I'm often congested, so this sort of thing is important to me. I also noticed that even smells are cut down significantly and near non existent when driving past obvious oil burning vehicles or trucks. Whereas previously the stock filter Basically did nothing at all, and what I smelled I'm the cabin was literally no different from having the windows rolled down smelling the outside air.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Last edited:

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
...the stock Mach-E filter is essentially like a thin sheet of coffee filter that was likely designed with AIR FLOW EFFICIENCY in mind. While the PureFlow has many layers, is much thicker and was designed with PARTICULATE CAPTURE in mind.
That is pure speculation. Since these are both cabin filters, I think it likely they were both designed with AIR FILTRATION in mind.

The PureFlow filter may or may not be better than the original that came with the car. I see a lot of marketing-speak in their description, but no specifications, such as particle size. They just state what it traps and there are no metrics for effectiveness.

It is not a HEPA filter, which I think would be most desirable. Bosch makes HEPA filters, but they don't have one for the Mach-E yet. Since I won't need to replace mine for at least a year, I will wait until a HEPA filter is available.

jsteach

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME S/W EB AWD ,2017 Honda accord touring v-6
Occupation
Retired. 40 year automotive/ service
Country flag
That is pure speculation. Since these are both cabin filters, I think it likely they were both designed with AIR FILTRATION in mind.

The PureFlow filter may or may not be better than the original that came with the car. I see a lot of marketing-speak in their description, but no specifications, such as particle size. They just state what it traps and there are no metrics for effectiveness.

It is not a HEPA filter, which I think would be most desirable. Bosch makes HEPA filters, but they don't have one for the Mach-E yet. Since I won't need to replace mine for at least a year, I will wait until a HEPA filter is available.
Your correct ! The factory one is like a piece of tissue paper , very light weight and thin.
The Pureflow is a much heavier and denser material Like the Bosh Hepa which I prefer. This is a good hold over till then as I have ragging allergys at times.

fightinag

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach e
Occupation
retired flight nurse
Country flag
Using their part number yields no results atm on Amazon.

Iā€™m good for now anyway. I live in rural Hawaii, I usually only have to filter how sheep or cow smells. ;)
i'd be more the happy to bring a few filters to ya

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
Using their part number yields no results atm on Amazon.

Iā€™m good for now anyway. I live in rural Hawaii, I usually only have to filter how sheep or cow smells. ;)
As long as the smell of freshly roasted Kona coffee still makes it into the cabin, then you're golden. ... Oh, could you embed that smell into the filter so that's what you get in the cabin? :: sighs wistfully ::

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I couldn't stop laughing for like five minutes.... A car manufacturer making a filter for air filtration! OMG, hysterical. No, really, I've never had a car cabin air filter actually filter any smells out of the air (except for Volvo, and Tesla's zombie apocalypse filter)... Funny! But seriously, coffee filters don't remove smells or anything else for that matter, they just amplify them inside the car. LOL.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
As long as the smell of freshly roasted Kona coffee still makes it into the cabin, then you're golden. ... Oh, could you embed that smell into the filter so that's what you get in the cabin? :: sighs wistfully ::
Back in the day ...

I used to have to drive westbound across the Bay Bridge in SFO to get to law school. Folger Brother's coffee roastery was very near the San Francisco anchorage of the bridge. On roasting days, the smell of many thousands of pounds of coffee being roasted at once was ... unpleasant. ;)

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Back in the day ...

I used to have to drive westbound across the Bay Bridge in SFO to get to law school. Folger Brother's coffee roastery was very near the San Francisco anchorage of the bridge. On roasting days, the smell of many thousands of pounds of coffee being roasted at once was ... unpleasant. ;)
Yeah, but that was Folger Brothers roasting a million pounds in a factory bon fire... I'm talking about that small batch family Kona farm, like Lion's Gate... That was my favorite part of living in Hawaii. The 90 degrees, 90% humidity, 365/25/7 was a different story. LOL

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Yeah, but that was Folger Brothers roasting a million pounds in a factory bon fire... I'm talking about that small batch family Kona farm, like Lion's Gate... That was my favorite part of living in Hawaii. The 90 degrees, 90% humidity, 365/25/7 was a different story. LOL
Greenwell Farms down in Kainaliu (or so), does much of the roasting around here. It's a nice time down there. :)

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag

It totally is speculation, but it's speculation based on actual observations of the original air filter, having taken out the original and compared it to the PureFlow. Hence I used the wording "likely designed with airflow in mind".

Logically if the material in the replacement is far thicker, and restricts more airflow, than obviously we are dealing with a more restrictive material that is LIKELY capturing more particles.

Also again based on actual observations, I can tell you for a fact that the PureFlow filter is in fact absorbing noxious odors from outside, as compared to the stock filter which did exactly zero.

Scarpia

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue Premium, Standard Range, RWD
Country flag
I couldn't stop laughing for like five minutes.... A car manufacturer making a filter for air filtration! OMG, hysterical. No, really, I've never had a car cabin air filter actually filter any smells out of the air (except for Volvo, and Tesla's zombie apocalypse filter)... Funny! But seriously, coffee filters don't remove smells or anything else for that matter, they just amplify them inside the car. LOL.
Are you saying you think Ford actually made the filter?