Is Ford Options gone?

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 DM+
Country flag
Hello!

New here to the forum! I recently test drive a Mach E GTPE and loved the dynamics. I've driven tons of EVs from Model 3s, Ys, Lucid, Bolt, BMW i series, etc... so i was really impressed. Anyway, I'm usually a leaser of EVs, as we all know the depreciation on EVs has been brutal this year. I was wondering if someone can walk me through what are the options to get into a 2023 Mach E with a low payment. I see there are some good incentives going on, but the actual lease option from Ford has a ridiculously low residual value of 45% or something. I've read a lot on this forum about Ford Options but I can't figure out what the terms are right now, nor can I find the calculator on Ford's website. Am I just a complete noob or is that no longer an option?

Thanks!
Sponsored

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hello!

New here to the forum! I recently test drive a Mach E GTPE and loved the dynamics. I've driven tons of EVs from Model 3s, Ys, Lucid, Bolt, BMW i series, etc... so i was really impressed. Anyway, I'm usually a leaser of EVs, as we all know the depreciation on EVs has been brutal this year. I was wondering if someone can walk me through what are the options to get into a 2023 Mach E with a low payment. I see there are some good incentives going on, but the actual lease option from Ford has a ridiculously low residual value of 45% or something. I've read a lot on this forum about Ford Options but I can't figure out what the terms are right now, nor can I find the calculator on Ford's website. Am I just a complete noob or is that no longer an option?

Thanks!
Ford Options is no longer available.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
If I recall correctly, reducing the residual also reduces the amount of your monthly lease payments. This is Ford Credit's way of sharing their tax credit with you. Other banks may choose other approaches like keeping high payments but giving you cash at signing, for instance.

I think Ford no longer lets you buy the Mach-E at least end? If true, the residual shouldn't be important to you. Only the total mileage and either monthly or total cost are impactful in your buying decision.

RWG

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Go to an online used car service. Lots of MachEs there at lower prices. I have seen several with low mileage, under 5,000 which still leaves you the 3 year 36k warranty and the battery system is warrantied for 8 years.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Go to an online used car service. Lots of MachEs there at lower prices. I have seen several with low mileage, under 5,000 which still leaves you the 3 year 36k warranty and the battery system is warrantied for 8 years.
this is the way

OP
OP

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 DM+
Country flag
Can you explain what you mean by buying a car under 5k miles leaves you the 3/36 warranty? Are you saying a car with 10 or 15k miles won't have the remainder of the 3/36 warranty?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Can you explain what you mean by buying a car under 5k miles leaves you the 3/36 warranty? Are you saying a car with 10 or 15k miles won't have the remainder of the 3/36 warranty?
It's not related. He's just saying there are a lot of low mileage used cars, and the warranty is intact for 36 months / 36,000 miles.
Sponsored