OP

Prusucks

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e
Yesterday when this was captured, it was in the upper 40s. I'm a just over the speed limit kind of guy.

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
Wy did you charge it to 100%? The manual recommends 90% unless you're heading out on a road trip shortly after the full charge. How many miles a day are you driving? The car estimates range by how you're driving and temps. My AWD-X shows about 230-240 at 90% currently with temps in the 30s and 40s.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
Reset the range estimator. It will return to max and then calibrate again. Not that it matters much, you get what you get.

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
You will find, probably not an exaggeration at this point, over 100 threads just on this forum with this topic along with likely thousands for EV owners everywhere.

But this isn't an EV thing, gas vehicles have range variance too. In winter my F-150 is lucky to get 18-19 MPG on average but in the summer it gets 23-25 all day long.

There is a cost for heating an engine or battery to operating temp. There is a cost to winter gas or the cold impact on lithium cells, there is a cost to changes in air density caused by cold air as you are driving through it.

Winter is hard on vehicles of any power source I know of, and nobody said you would get 300 miles in any situation, that doesn't pass even the most basic logical test. It would be like complaining you can't go 300 miles with your foot to the floor at max speed non-stop. The range is an estimate based on outside conditions and your driving style. The milage estimate will increase a good amount in the summer, potentially going a good amount over 300 miles if you're really good.

Phil-Springs

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E CA RT1 AWD Extended DMG 2022
Country flag
Yes posting GOM threads without searching on this forum is normal. And
Only 210 miles on a full charge! I got the extended battery and was expecting 300+ on a full charge. Should this be taken to service?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Is This Normal?? Screenshot_20240322_061656_FordPass
Is this normal? Yes, posting GOM questions without searching is normal.

Service? Almost certainly nothing wrong with your car. Just need to understand the range estimate better.

KidGalahad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
Unfortunately, you're going to get more replies about not searching and forum etiquette from the old heads here then actual answers.
The answer is, it's totally normal. First off, you will never get 300+ miles. Ever. Count on between 200-250. When it drops below freezing, you're going to get much less. I had a AWD Select for about 2 years, and I never got more than 100-110 miles of range when it was below freezing. Keep in mind, I never drove it until it died, so there's a chance I could have squeezed out more, but who wants to take that chance. There are numerous threads here about preconditioning, and other ways to extend your range. That said, you aren't going to get 300+, so don't ever count on that.

I recently upgraded to a Extended Range Premium, mainly because the range of my Select didn't fit my driving needs. I made a similar mistake to what you did. I assumed I would get 215 miles of range, per the rating. I read posts where people said Ford underestimated their range. I believed people when they said "oh yeah I get 250 miles of range in that exact vehicle". All mistakes on my part. It's been an education for sure.

RWG

First Name
Randal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Regarding battery range: We had an unusual experience lately. We left town, on a trip with my ICE car and left the MME in the temp controlled garage for 4 days. When we came home the battery state of charge was about 85%. We made on short trip, with the MME, maybe 10 miles, and when we got home the battery was down to 30%. Seems odd to drop from the 80's to 30' after one short trip in temporate weather.

Has anybody else had the same experience? Does non use for a few days drastically alter range?

PS: Car works fine normal now after charge. Currently got the MME in the shop to complete the contactor recall. Spoke to the Service Writer about it, he said he had heard a similar story from a customer who went to Florida for a few days.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Dropping from 85% to 30% after a few miles is either a problem, or a hiccup with the software.

Ours has sat multiple times, including just recently for 22 days. It was 49% when we left, 49% when we came back, and nothing dropped dramatically.

Flint302

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium AWD, 2016 Audi A3
Occupation
Retired government
Country flag
They probably just installed the wrong battery. No biggie.

Okay, I'm sorry, but I can not stop laughing over this. Seriously made my day.
Sponsored