Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Yes you can. It will flash the turn signal until the lane change is completed then shut off the signal.
Phew, he made it sound like you had to hold the stalk down the whole time your were changing lanes or something which would be annoying (and not hands-free).

fpasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' Mustang Mach E Premium RWD SR
This is cool. BC is so helpful for me. Knowing my lifestyle. I may be a subscriber. I want a lifetime rate though like they had with Sirius back in the day. Companies tend to increase the price using this business model.

DonnieJ

First Name
Donnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE
Occupation
U.S. Soldier
Country flag
Yes 2023 work better, likely don't have to push the door button 6 times to open the door, get updates faster, don't get no key detected, didn't suffer through PAAK issues, they got 2 FOB's, and have a working Frunk button inside the frunk and didn't have to wait a year for Bluecruise after we purchased the car, oh and have more range.

But to our Job 1 advantage we got it at a much lower price.
And that is a big advantage in these ridiculous times

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Yes 2023 work better, likely don't have to push the door button 6 times to open the door, get updates faster, don't get no key detected, didn't suffer through PAAK issues, they got 2 FOB's, and have a working Frunk button inside the frunk and didn't have to wait a year for Bluecruise after we purchased the car, oh and have more range.

But to our Job 1 advantage we got it at a much lower price.
...I have a very early Job 1 build, and haven't had those problems since.... earlier this year at latest? I'm even using a random Android phone that isn't explicitly supported. The worst PaaK experience I have is having to wait a few seconds after pushing the door button before it figures out my phone is nearby.
2 fobs, "more range", "get updates faster" don't aren't hardware upgrades either. Sounds like someone is venting for the sake of venting.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
How long does lane change try after being requested before it “gives up”?

Jeffvisor

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
...I have a very early Job 1 build, and haven't had those problems since.... earlier this year at latest? I'm even using a random Android phone that isn't explicitly supported. The worst PaaK experience I have is having to wait a few seconds after pushing the door button before it figures out my phone is nearby.
2 fobs, "more range", "get updates faster" don't aren't hardware upgrades either. Sounds like someone is venting for the sake of venting.
not true the newer vehicles got extra range you can read about it on here or go on the website the premium went from EXT range of 2021 is 270 miles now its 290 miles. You use PAAK and never got no key detected? For well over a month I could not open the front door unless I opened the back door first. I finally fixed it by reading in here to disconnect the 12 volt battery. I had to do that over the course of the first year a few times to fix that problem. My Job 1 got stuck on update 1.7 didnt receive updates for over 6 months that others got updates, the dealer with the help of someone in here had to fly in an engineer from Ford in to PA and took over 2 weeks to finally get it to except updates. Venting based on fact no for the sake of venting.

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
How long does lane change try after being requested before it “gives up”?
I didn't time it but it felt like 20ish seconds. I haven't tried it again in heavier traffic.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I didn't time it but it felt like 20ish seconds. I haven't tried it again in heavier traffic.
That's not too bad. My Mercedes had the same "self" driving as our cars but it also had lane changing. When it worked, it was nice, but probably 90% of the time, I'd signal and it would say "no can do!" and just cancel it and also cancel the lane keep assist system! Even when it was clear, etc. I could never signal while there was a car actually there, I basically had to make sure it was clear before signaling, but would still get the above failure rate.

The MME tech seems to allow you to signal whenever you want to do it and then it'll just monitor for X amount of seconds until it is clear to do it or else turn off.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That's not too bad. My Mercedes had the same "self" driving as our cars but it also had lane changing. When it worked, it was nice, but probably 90% of the time, I'd signal and it would say "no can do!" and just cancel it and also cancel the lane keep assist system! Even when it was clear, etc. I could never signal while there was a car actually there, I basically had to make sure it was clear before signaling, but would still get the above failure rate.

The MME tech seems to allow you to signal whenever you want to do it and then it'll just monitor for X amount of seconds until it is clear to do it or else turn off.
Was the Mercedes system truly “hands-free” like BlueCruise”? I didn’t think any of the Germans had that yet? I saw a demo of BMWs system in a 7 series and you had to keep your hands hovering just over the steering wheel at all times. Seemed rather pointless

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
There is nothing stopping you from pressing on the accelerator if it's taking the curve too slow.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Was the Mercedes system truly “hands-free” like BlueCruise”? I didn’t think any of the Germans had that yet? I saw a demo of BMWs system in a 7 series and you had to keep your hands hovering just over the steering wheel at all times. Seemed rather pointless
No, sorry, I just meant the lane keep assist coupled with ACC, speed limit assist if you want it, etc.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
No, sorry, I just meant the lane keep assist coupled with ACC, speed limit assist if you want it, etc.
Ah cool! Thanks for clarifying 🙂

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
There was some discussion about adding a feature where the car would slow down for some sharper curves such as a flying freeway exchange etc. Have you observed anything like that yet with the system?

Warp Asylum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE, 2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
There was some discussion about adding a feature where the car would slow down for some sharper curves such as a flying freeway exchange etc. Have you observed anything like that yet with the system?
Yeah, I've posted about it a couple of times in other threads. It's too conservative for my taste (aka it slows down too much) and it's also coupled with the same setting for adjusting speed based on speed limit sign recognition, so I have it turned off.
Sponsored