Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I work at an airport and have to go through security every day. Most employees are not allowed to bring their phones through security, and we leave them in the car.

With PAAK, do I put my car at any risk by leaving the phone locked inside the car for 4-6 hours? At work I've been turning off the phone's Bluetooth for the two days that I've owned the car. Is that necessary?
Sponsored

Reactions: Rjm

cargo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
I just leave mine in my car and lock by the door keypad. It stays locked no issues, unless of course someone broke the window then attempted to drive away.

AliRafiee

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT - Grabber Blue
Occupation
Software Eng.
Country flag
Press 7-8 and 9-0 on the door keypad to lock the door. It won’t unlock with the key/phone in the car.
Unlock with your keypad code when you’re ready to leave.

kodiakng

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Cyber Orange 4X Mach-E
Country flag
Yes, or you can turn the phone off or put it in airplane mode.
be careful using airplane mode since recent phone OSes have allowed airplane mode to have separate bluetooth and wifi radio controls.

Last edited:

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Yeah, you can leave the phone in the car. The most secure thing to do would be to power the phone down since airplane mode and BT can both be toggled from the Lock Screen. 😊🐩

TowPro

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150, 23 MME
Country flag
We have 2 fords. if my phone app is not set to the mach E the phone as a key will not even work.

dah

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 SR AWD
Country flag
We have 2 fords. if my phone app is not set to the mach E the phone as a key will not even work.
This works currently due to a limitation of PaaK not being able to work with more than one car at once, so if you have multiple PaaK keys set up for multiple vehicles you have to select the one you wish to passive enter.

If you have only one PaaK capable car in your account, switching off the PaaK vehicle won’t do anything as the phone will try to connect to the only PaaK vehicle available.

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
. …… since airplane mode and BT can both be toggled from the Lock Screen. 😊🐩
You can turn off this feature: settings->face id&passcode->enter your passcode->scroll down to “allow access when locked “->toggle off “control center “.

TowPro

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150, 23 MME
Country flag
This works currently due to a limitation of PaaK not being able to work with more than one car at once, so if you have multiple PaaK keys set up for multiple vehicles you have to select the one you wish to passive enter.

If you have only one PaaK capable car in your account, switching off the PaaK vehicle won’t do anything as the phone will try to connect to the only PaaK vehicle available.
my 2022 F150 does not have PaaK capabilities. but every time my truck is the active profile in my ford pass on my S23, I can't unlock the Mach E. fix is to open phone app, select Mach E and I get right in.

dah

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E 2022 SR AWD
Country flag
my 2022 F150 does not have PaaK capabilities. but every time my truck is the active profile in my ford pass on my S23, I can't unlock the Mach E. fix is to open phone app, select Mach E and I get right in.
Probably a bug, it should (or at least used to) try to use the only active PAAK vehicle in the account.

Rob-Mach-E

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
robzone.net
Vehicles
2023 GTPE. Space White Nite Pony
Country flag
Press 7-8 and 9-0 on the door keypad to lock the door. It won’t unlock with the key/phone in the car.
Unlock with your keypad code when you’re ready to leave.
There is also a lock logo right above the button to unlock that you can push which is easier
Sponsored