Mach Drop Build Updates

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
It's an exercise in frustration. They don't seem to have one database on orders at Ford, but several lines of orders that don't necessarily sync up. I don't think you can get anywhere by calling them or the dealer unfortunately. I am almost resigned to the notion that I may hear nothing more till the dealer gets the car on their lot.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

FairfieldCT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE (Mach Drop)
Country flag
On the endless saga of the Mach Drop orders, I called Ford yesterday (why you ask.... well why not?)... First person didn't know what Mach Drop was and I suspect she didn't know what a Mach-E was as she kept saying if I had a VIN she would be able to look it up... Anyway a second person knew what Mach Drop was but said she could not see any other order than the Premium under my name and if I could get from the dealer the order number he would be able to give me more information...

Called the dealer who said will try to get me the number (not holding my breath), but he expects that even the Premium with a build date of 12/6 would probably still take over a month going through quality inspection and transportation... We talked on other threads about how far after build date we would have delivery, does this seem realistic to anyone? I never had special ordered a car before, but if what the dealer say is true, tax benefits not until next year!!! It is important to me because I will take all my Tesla profits to pay for my Ford ;)

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Hi @ChasingCoral curious how do you know they moved up? Was there an email or the web site was updated?
I was one of the one's that moved up. The build week e-mail from ford, and my reservation page had the week of December 20th/21st up until yesterday.

Logged into my reservation this morning (I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this check on their morning internet rotation) and realized it now stated a build week of December 13th (reservation site always lists the week starting with Sunday, the e-mails reference the week starting with Monday).

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Things are looking up. Just got this response from Ford.

Hello Rob,

We confirm that your First Edition Mach Drop order has been sent to Ford with the corresponding order details shown in screenshot below:

[screenshot omitted as it contained all my personal information]

Additionally, we do not see an email for you on file from the time we received the order confirmation from your dealer, Frontier Ford, which is most likely why you haven’t received any communication. But rest assured and we are following up with Ford and inquiring about this. We will update you as soon as we receive more information.

Thank you,

Shannon @ Retail Orders Program Headquarters

1-877-770-0035

[email protected]

Cujo1927

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E 1st edition
Country flag
Just talked to my dealer, my build date for the Mach drop first edition is January 4th. Still no email from Ford which is a little frustrating but at least I know when the car will be built. Hopefully I’ll have the car in February!!! If you have a Mach Drop I’d recommend contacting your dealer they probably have a build date for you. 2021 MachE first edition grabber blue, Saint Clair Shores Michigan

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
@jdmrc93

Joe,

You have your email address and ph# is that thread and a lot of damage can be done with that info. You probably want to edit it out just to be safe.

Good luck on your FE!

OP
OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
Just talked to my dealer, my build date for the Mach drop first edition is January 4th. Still no email from Ford which is a little frustrating but at least I know when the car will be built. Hopefully I’ll have the car in February!!! If you have a Mach Drop I’d recommend contacting your dealer they probably have a build date for you. 2021 MachE first edition grabber blue, Saint Clair Shores Michigan
Great news. Thx for sharing. Time to check in...

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
My dealer got back to me saying that the status he sees in the system is as of Oct 27 and there is no build date yet and if one is assigned today or tomorrow, he is not sure when the system will update.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
My dealer got back to me saying that the status he sees in the system is as of Oct 27 and there is no build date yet and if one is assigned today or tomorrow, he is not sure when the system will update.
Yes, tomorrow we'll get our update as well, i did find out it's a priority code 02 which is Ford's priority code internally. Dealers and and Ford's zone reps can prioritize an order using 10 and above and would do so for an order that was damaged in Freight or something along those lines. 10 is the highest priority, then 11 and so on. Just because a dealer requests an order get a higher priority, doesn't mean the Zone rep is going to assign it as such, they have to take into consideration other dealers in their zone priorities. Way too much Information but thought I'd share.

jparduhn70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Still no build date for mine or email update. Guess I can start hoping for a 1/11 date now.
Sponsored