FairfieldCT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE (Mach Drop)
Country flag
I just received a call from my dealer with a build date for my Mach Drop order for the week of 1/4/21. I was told he may have the VIN Friday or early next week.

Hi @mbia, Did you already have a build date for the original order? Curious as to whether the two relate... I still think dealers saw Mach Drop as an opportunity to put themselves ahead on que queue. Now people have two orders and they will keep one of the cars... all it cost us was our place in the line :(
Sponsored

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 1st Ed
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My dealer today said they can see my Mach Drop FE order in their system. They have a VIN, but won't tell me what it is because they're unsure if it's the FE or original Premium. They are not sure on build date/week. My Premium is scheduled for week of 12/21.

mbia

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 xDrive40i & Mach E FE Carbonized Gray
Country flag
Hi @mbia, Did you already have a build date for the original order? Curious as to whether the two relate... I still think dealers saw Mach Drop as an opportunity to put themselves ahead on que queue. Now people have two orders and they will keep one of the cars... all it cost us was our place in the line :(
My original Premium order was cancelled by my dealer on 10/6 (received cancellation email from Ford and verified in Ford app under reservations) when my Mach Drop was confirmed, so it never received a build date. Still cannot see my Mach Drop order in the app.

OP
OP
back_at_it_19

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
My original Premium order was cancelled by my dealer on 10/6 (received cancellation email from Ford and verified in Ford app under reservations) when my Mach Drop was confirmed, so it never received a build date. Still cannot see my Mach Drop order in the app.
This is good enough news for the rest of us in the same exact boat. Haven’t heard from dealer yet but I’d be happy enough with a Jan build date for my machdrop FE. Esp if I can contract on 12/31 with a VIN for the fed tax credit which my dealer says is possible.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just received a call from my dealer with a build date for my Mach Drop order for the week of 1/4/21. I was told he may have the VIN Friday or early next week.
While good to hear of a Machdrop FE build date, disappointed to see that it's January, when there's non-FEs that have build dates in November.

I guess I'm not really surprised, just very disappointed. Was hoping to at least hear early December with a slim chance of 2020 delivery.

MurphyDog

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just got back from my dealer who was hosting one of the MME tour events. Finally got to see the car in person and kick the tires. As others have said, it's even nicer in person. The seats are so soft and comfortable. I spoke to two different Ford employees who were giving the tours and both said they never heard of the mach drop program. One did take my name and number and said they would look into it.

DaveQ

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E4X, HR-V, Insight, Maserati Levante S
Country flag
Mustang Mach-E FIRST EDITION
Ordered

07/02/2020
Order Date

Order Number

Date reservation placed: 11/18/2019

Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of December 7 2020.
@SVT4X4 If you wish to be added to our order tracking list (see thread here) please use this form to enter your order information. ?

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
I just talked with dealer, mine has an O2 priority and should have a schedule week by Friday... they update system Friday morning and should have vin.

Original Premium order 11/18
Res number 10006617
Converted to order 6/28
Mach E drop upgraded to FE through Unboxed. My Premium is still showing in my reservation page.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got a response to my email appealing for an early enough build date for Colorado Machdrop orders to get 2020 delivery so we don't lose $1500 tax credit.

While they were nice in the reply, it was just a rather generic "we're working hard to get as many delivered in 2020 as possible, but no guarantees". I suspect that really means "No" to any adjustments. And with one report of an early Jan build for someone's Machdrop (and the fact there's only like a day's worth to build), it sounds bleak. I'll be shocked if we get November build dates for any Machdrops. Probably not December either.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Got a response to my email appealing for an early enough build date for Colorado Machdrop orders to get 2020 delivery so we don't lose $1500 tax credit.

While they were nice in the reply, it was just a rather generic "we're working hard to get as many delivered in 2020 as possible, but no guarantees". I suspect that really means "No" to any adjustments. And with one report of an early Jan build for someone's Machdrop (and the fact there's only like a day's worth to build), it sounds bleak. I'll be shocked if we get November build dates for any Machdrops. Probably not December either.
Fingers crossed they are actually working on it. Two VA buyers just had their Mach Es moved up a week.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag

I emailed the generic "Retail Orders" address, but didn't get any response other than they will email me when the Mach Drop is scheduled. Should I email whoever you emailed? Maybe more voices will help?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Fingers crossed they are actually working on it. Two VA buyers just had their Mach Es moved up a week.
Hoping. It's kinda the type of reply I expected. Even if they are adjusting the date, I doubt they would say it.

I was looking through the order thread, and it's depressing. Watching some 10k, 20k, and even 30k res numbers getting November builds is just frustrating. I was 29k on my Premium (before Ford canceled it on me) . Now it looks possible my Premium could have arrived in 2020, before my Machdrop. That would make it a +$5100 mistake! ($3600 price and the $1500 2020 state tax credit).

It was suppose to be a +$100 decision to switch to Machdrop. Ugh.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
Here's my bullshit add to this...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status of First Edition??

-----------------------------------------------------

Joseph DiMarco

Mon, Oct 26, 1:04 PM (3 days ago)

to retailorders, Ford

Can someone please let me know the status of my First Edition order? My dealer sent in the Buyer's Order on Aug 28th. They (the dealer, Crest Ford Flat Rock) never received confirmation. I received a "Mustang Mach-E First Edition Confirmation" email on Oct 2nd, with the following:

Mid-October 2020 – all orders will be entered, and dealers will be able to see them in their order banks."

We are now past this point, going into November soon, and I have heard nothing. My dealer cannot see anything either in their order bank. Many people are getting build dates for their vehicles and I have yet to receive that either. They do not have an order number from the buyer's order either. I cannot see the vehicle in my profile either.

Please advise and provide detail if you can. I am getting very frustrated with this process.

-Joseph DiMarco

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

retail orders

Mon, Oct 26, 1:21 PM (3 days ago)

to me, Ford

Hello,

For additional assistance, we would need the dealerships dealer code.

Thank you,

Shannon @ Retail Orders Program Headquarters

1-877-770-0035

[email protected]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joseph DiMarco

Mon, Oct 26, 1:23 PM (3 days ago)

to retail

retail orders

Mon, Oct 26, 3:42 PM (3 days ago)

to me

Hello Joseph,

Thank you for providing the dealer code. We have escalated this to our support staff to see what status your reservation is in. As soon as we receive an update we will inform you.

Thank you again

Joseph DiMarco

Mon, Oct 26, 3:43 PM (3 days ago)

to retail

Thanks - I look forward to hearing from you.

-Joe

Joseph DiMarco

Wed, Oct 28, 10:02 AM (1 day ago)

to Ford, retail

Hello - have you found any information?

-Joe

retail orders

Wed, Oct 28, 12:40 PM (1 day ago)

to me

Hello Joe,

Based off the ROVP reporting, we are seeing your reservation as an order. However, this order is not a First Edition, it is a Premium Series. If the dealer claims they are unable to see this Premium series order from their end, they may consider reaching out to WBDO team.

WBDO team can be reached at 1-888-207-1248.

Joseph DiMarco

Wed, Oct 28, 1:28 PM (23 hours ago)

to Ford, retail

I received an email confirmation stating that my First Edition order has been accepted. I attached the Buyer's Order previously from the dealership. I don't understand how you can't see the First Edition. SOMEBODY has seen it and approved it, no? This First Edition was part of the Mach Drop program, which you guys are REALLY dropping the ball on. My dealer can see the Premium order, but they cannot see the FE order that they sent in a Buyer's Order to [email protected] as instructed.

------------

Here is the Buyer's Order with color choice for Joseph DiMarco - Mach E First Edition - Mach Drop

Let me know if any additional information is needed.

Thanks,

Jeremy S. Smith

Sales Manager

Crest Ford Flat Rock

734-782-5184-Direct #

734-782-2400-Main#

[email protected]

------------

There IS a premium order on my account (which, if you have a build date, I would appreciate you sending it my way), but I would like to avoid canceling that until I have some solid PROOF that my First Edition has an order number and a build date. My dealer said the same thing, we do not want to cancel the Premium until the First Edition is confirmed.

Please see the below correspondence, and the attached confirmation email, as this is very disheartening to hear that you basically have no record of this. Someone needs to be held accountable for this Mach Drop mess, and the lack of communication on Ford's part. It is absurd! I am part of forums where there are numerous people in the same boat as me, and they haven't heard a thing. It is ALSO ridiculous that Ford decided to lower the price of the Premium by $3K, but the FE by only $1K. You better offer us some kind of incentive for paying that much of a difference, like free Active Drive Assist add-on. Considering I/we have yet to even drive the car, the LEAST you could do is manage your programs correctly, and actively communicate/engage with your buyers. If that isn't showing up anywhere, and you genuinely can't find it, I think someone needs to make sure it gets ordered, AND make it a priority build. I shouldn't have to wait extra time due to your screw-ups. This is INSANE. This is a pain in the ass for ME, I can't imagine what others must be going through...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Edition Mach E

Ford Mach Drop PHQ <[email protected]>

Mon, Aug 24, 12:21 PM

to me

Hello Joseph,

I hear that you had a hard time getting through to us on Friday, and there might be some confusion at your dealership.

No worries! I am here to help, we are going to get you that First Edition, I just have a couple of questions for you:

What is a good phone number to reach you at? I called REDACTED, and was getting a busy signal.

Which dealership were you working with on your Premium order?

What color First Edition would you like?

I will reach out to your dealership, and have them contact you for order specifics.

They will need to cancel your Premium order by the end of September.

Looking forward to your response!

Thank you,

Suzan

Ford Mach Drop PHQ

[email protected]

844-802-6635

Joseph DiMarco

Mon, Aug 24, 12:52 PM

to Ford

Thanks for getting back to me! It's weird to actually talk to someone at Ford directly... I've asked many questions in the past and NEVER ONCE received any clear and concise answers. Confusion has been a staple during this process, starting all the way back at the reservation date.

My best contact number is indeed REDACTED. I'm surprised you weren't able to get through, I've been getting calls all morning! Though, email is probably the easiest way to reach me.

I have been working with Jeremy Smith at Crest Ford, Flat Rock, MI

I am interested in the Grabber Blue color.

Is there a delivery estimate for a First Edition placed now (vs my current order number)?

Is it possible to delay production or delivery until I'm ready to acquire the vehicle?

Is there ANY way for me to see (or possibly drive) the vehicle in person prior to the demo vehicles, which I heard won't be arriving at dealers until December? I would love to see a Grabber Blue unit vs an Infinite Blue unit before I make my choice (committing to a FE vs keeping my Premium reservation). I'm making a commitment to a vehicle I've never seen up-close-in-person before and it makes me incredibly nervous. Considering I live but a couple min away from Dearborn, would this be difficult to arrange? I'm kind of begging on this request... Not knowing what it feels like to sit in the vehicle, not knowing how it rides, how Sync4A works, etc. is just a MESS of a plan to have the vehicles already in production and not even have access to the demo units. I don't want to back-out at the last second because I don't like the vehicle. My lease will be ending not long after the estimated delivery date, so I will need a car no matter what. I need time to think and to plan. The current strategy is preventing this.

-Joe

Mon, Aug 24, 12:57 PM

to me

Hi Joe!

I’m going to try giving you a call in about five minutes, when my lunch is over, I think it would be best to talk to be able to answer your questions in a concise way. The phones are clear today, so you can also feel free to call me back if I don’t reach you by phone.

Thank you,

Suzan

Joseph DiMarco

Tue, Aug 25, 12:28 PM

to Ford

Hi Suzan,

I still haven't heard from my dealer. Have you had a chance to speak to them?

-Joe

Tue, Aug 25, 1:06 PM

to me

Hi Joe,

I did leave him a voicemail, and sent an email. I will call him again right now.

Tue, Aug 25, 1:15 PM

to me

Joe,

I’m sorry, can you provide your zip code to me again?

Joseph DiMarco

Thu, Aug 27, 11:51 AM

to Ford

Hi Suzan,

It's REDACTED. Sorry for the late reply.

-Joe

Thu, Aug 27, 12:47 PM

to me

No worries, thank you Joe.

I have called Jeremy at Crest Ford again to make sure he reaches out to you!

Joseph DiMarco

Tue, Sep 8, 1:03 PM

to Ford

Hi Suzan,

I don't see the vehicle in my online Ford account yet. Should I be worried? Jeremy sent me a copy of the buyer's order by the dealership, but I would hate to cancel my order and not be guaranteed this vehicle.

-Joe

Wed, Sep 9, 9:08 AM

to me

Hi Joe,

As said previously, Ford will not be placing orders till closer to the end of September.

We have received your buyers order, you are guaranteed the vehicle. You won’t see any further confirmations till the end of September.

Joseph DiMarco

Wed, Sep 9, 9:11 AM

to Ford

Thank you. My curiosity and tendency to worry get the best of me sometimes.

Sorry to bother!

-Joe

Wed, Sep 9, 9:28 AM

to me

No worries! Thank you!

Joseph DiMarco

Fri, Oct 23, 11:30 AM (5 days ago)

to Ford

Hi Suzan,

Sorry to bother, but I have yet to see the FE in my profile (many other folks seem to have gotten build dates as well), and my original premium order is still showing in my account. Are you able to see the order/build date?

-Joe

I did not hear anything back after the above email was sent.

retail orders

Wed, Oct 28, 4:16 PM (20 hours ago)

to me

Hello,

Confirming that Mach-Drop customers as part of the Mach Drop program will be placed by Ford from the backend. As the order goes through the Build process, you will get communicated to via e-mail address provided, every step of the way as it relates to order conversions.

Thank you,

Greg @ Ford Retail Orders Program Headquarters

1-877-770-0035

[email protected]

Joseph DiMarco

12:45 PM (1 minute ago)

to retail

So is there anyone on this Earth that can tell me (and my dealer) the CURRENT status? Surely someone has to know... and surely someone has to know their email address.

-Joe
Sponsored

Last edited: