RdsON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01RAV4EV, 15,18Mustangs, 84-07Accords, 07RAV4, 91NSX, 91ZX11,
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I couldn't help myself - I still have my dad's 1964.5 Prairie Bronze 289 convertible that he bought sight unseen - number 5047 out of Dearborn. He passed away when I was 6, so it's incredibly special to me, and i felt like I had to order a First Edition for myself to be among the first with an electric Mustang.

I was originally going to go with the blue since I've always loved that color, but ultimately decided on Carbonized Gray.
Hmmm. Maybe Ford could add a $4-8k option for custom color on limited editions?
That might be a logistic nightmare... but then again...
Anyone else here that would pay $12k for a lowered Bronze Metallic w Raspberry roof?

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Standard Range, Chevrolet Bolt EV, Fiat 500E
Occupation
IT Architect
Country flag
Personally I'd love a Canary Yellow, or magma orange, or even a forest green option. i'd pay extra for being able to select any paint in their collection at least. If we can 'order from the factory' it'd be cool if they'd give you more options, it drives me nuts that some software program tells a car dealer to only order black/white/silver because they sell faster.

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
I don’t what the US configurator is like, but in the UK, it’s impossible to order a car with an extended range battery without the full premium trim and conversely you can’t order the standard range with the premium extras.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
I don’t what the US configurator is like, but in the UK, it’s impossible to order a car with an extended range battery without the full premium trim and conversely you can’t order the standard range with the premium extras.
Standardized trim levels reduce manufacturing logistics. Not so sure they want to go back to line item menus.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Hmmm. Maybe Ford could add a $4-8k option for custom color on limited editions?
That might be a logistic nightmare... but then again...
Anyone else here that would pay $12k for a lowered Bronze Metallic w Raspberry roof?
That would be gross!

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Hmm, that's odd. I am guessing that it is just a bug in the configurator code - I'm sure when it comes time to actually order with the dealer you will have more options. The premium trim will have the option of AWD/RWD and SR/ER . However, the Select trim ONLY comes in standard range (RWD or AWD), and the California edition ONLY comes in RWD with ER.

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
The Ford rep I spoke to led me to believe it was intentional. But as you say there may be more flexibility for the real order. Quite like the extras however.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
There are several other differences between the North American and European configurations. For instance in the UK configurator, you're able to add/drop option packs affecting B&O speakers and the like, where those are based on trim alone here, so far. Not all U.S. options are announced yet. But the basic trims themselves are plainly different.

MadScientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes
Country flag
Not on my UK configurator there isn’t - if you select the extended range battery you have to take the tech+ package which includes just about every optional extra.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Not on my UK configurator there isn’t - if you select the extended range battery you have to take the tech+ package which includes just about every optional extra.
You're absolutely right. At first the UK trims looked to be the same as other European trims to me, but as you've said, the options are locked in. Ford in Norway and Germany, for instance, are offering wider customization of seats and options/extras.

https://www.ford.no/personbiler/mustang-mach-e

https://www.ford.de/fahrzeuge/der-neue-ford-mustang-mach-e

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
You're absolutely right. At first the UK trims looked to be the same as other European trims to me, but as you've said, the options are locked in. Ford in Norway and Germany, for instance, are offering wider customization of seats and options/extras.

https://www.ford.no/personbiler/mustang-mach-e

https://www.ford.de/fahrzeuge/der-neue-ford-mustang-mach-e
Hmm, that's very interesting how the options/trim levels are different from the US. It seems like the premium, california, and select trims are blended as "Mustang Mach E" with 18" rims but the choice of standard range or extended, along with the B&O stereo option.
Sponsored