Mach E price increase

ponydsp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 MME Premium 4ER, Taycan CT, 650s, F8 on order
Country flag
I tried talking to my dealer at the time of order. They said they will do x plan when paper window sticker arrives with the car so it depends on the dealer.
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am fairly certain Price Protection is automatic. If your dealer shows that the person who ordered the car then purchased the car they will receive the money. It is not automatic that they give it to you! So as others mentioned this needs to be dealt with up front.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
I think it was on another thread, but did you say X-plan didn't work since they couldn't do both price protection and X-plan (like you couldn't get the X-plan price protection)?
You would get the credit off the current X-plan price which should work out to about the same.

My question is has anyone yet had success getting price protection AND the $750 for converting a 2021 to a 2022. I'd love to see those data points.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am fairly certain Price Protection is automatic. If your dealer shows that the person who ordered the car then purchased the car they will receive the money. It is not automatic that they give it to you! So as others mentioned this needs to be dealt with up front.
If you have to sign a document for the dealer to be reimbursed by Ford, how does the dealer get away with not giving it to you? What's the point of signing if they refuse to adjust the price?

GT_order_#1001

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Shadow Black GT MME, 2013 Pearl Chevy Volt
Occupation
Civil-Enviro Engineer
Country flag
I tried talking to my dealer at the time of order. They said they will do x plan when paper window sticker arrives with the car so it depends on the dealer.
I'm sorry to dicker with you (after the fact that you've already bought it) but your dealer should have applied X-Plan to the price of the car the day you ordered it, or the day the pricing sheet was locked when Ford approved it, as opposed to the price on the window sticker the day the car arrived at the dealer.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You would get the credit off the current X-plan price which should work out to about the same.

My question is has anyone yet had success getting price protection AND the $750 for converting a 2021 to a 2022. I'd love to see those data points.
No, it won't be the same. Can't be. Math.

Invoice and MSRP are the same for the Mach-E.
X-Plan is calculated off invoice.
Therefore, if the MSRP went up by $2,000, the invoice went up by $2,000. So it wouldn't be anywhere near the same price.

The customer needs to insist that the dealer utilize the X-Plan price that was after the car was converted to a 2022 (i.e. price went up ~$600). That MSRP should be in everyone's information.

X-Plan is 2% off that price plus $275, plus $100 max paperwork fee. Less the $750 rebate.

As illustration, my original order (I'm A-Plan), has an X-Plan price of $56,174.20 (A-Plan is $55,077). That is off an MSRP of $57,040.

The revised October order, with the conversion to 2022, has an MSRP of $57,645. There is now a $10 CV LOT Management fee. The X-Plan is now $56,767.10, i.e. $592.90, which is more than covered by the $750 rebate.

The current MSRP for my vehicle is $59,635, which would make the X-Plan price $58,717.30. That's $1,950.20 higher, as it should be, because it's simple math.

No X-Plan (or any other plan buyer) should agree to pay anything but the numbers off the October revised invoice when their order was converted to a 2022.

No one ordering a 2022 before the price increase should agree to paying any more than their original price, and can easily calculate their X-Plan price if they don't have a DORA printed by the dealer.

If you paid $2,000 more, you should immediately contact Ford Corporate and bitch.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you have to sign a document for the dealer to be reimbursed by Ford, how does the dealer get away with not giving it to you? What's the point of signing if they refuse to adjust the price?
If you sign a form like that then the dealer is (or should be) giving you the lower price when you purchase it. They get a refund directly from Ford for the price protection. If you pay the current price they would probably submit the form and get the money and there is no guarantee they would rebate you unless something was worked out in advance. I am just suggesting to be aware how the system works.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, it won't be the same. Can't be. Math.

Invoice and MSRP are the same for the Mach-E.
X-Plan is calculated off invoice.
Therefore, if the MSRP went up by $2,000, the invoice went up by $2,000. So it wouldn't be anywhere near the same price.

The customer needs to insist that the dealer utilize the X-Plan price that was after the car was converted to a 2022 (i.e. price went up ~$600). That MSRP should be in everyone's information.

X-Plan is 2% off that price plus $275, plus $100 max paperwork fee. Less the $750 rebate.

As illustration, my original order (I'm A-Plan), has an X-Plan price of $56,174.20 (A-Plan is $55,077). That is off an MSRP of $57,040.

The revised October order, with the conversion to 2022, has an MSRP of $57,645. There is now a $10 CV LOT Management fee. The X-Plan is now $56,767.10, i.e. $592.90, which is more than covered by the $750 rebate.

The current MSRP for my vehicle is $59,635, which would make the X-Plan price $58,717.30. That's $1,950.20 higher, as it should be, because it's simple math.

No X-Plan (or any other plan buyer) should agree to pay anything but the numbers off the October revised invoice when their order was converted to a 2022.

No one ordering a 2022 before the price increase should agree to paying any more than their original price, and can easily calculate their X-Plan price if they don't have a DORA printed by the dealer.
I think you misunderstood me. A $2000 credit off the CURRENT X-Plan price (not off the current invoice) would be almost--though not quite--the same as the X-Plan price in October. The reporting of those who completed a 2022 purchase seems to be that they got a flat credit.

As for the $750...I was only asking for data points on someone completing their purchase with the price protection and the rebate. I know we all expect it won't be an issue, but will be great to see people experiencing that and I haven't seen one yet.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you sign a form like that then the dealer is (or should be) giving you the lower price when you purchase it. They get a refund directly from Ford for the price protection. If you pay the current price they would probably submit the form and get the money and there is no guarantee they would rebate you unless something was worked out in advance. I am just suggesting to be aware how the system works.
Thank you and I appreciate the heads up. I'm just wondering what the point of the form is if the dealership gets the money even if I didn't sign it? Kind of makes sense if the situation was that Ford required I sign it to reimburse the dealer...but maybe that's not the case?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
The dealer is supposed to sell the car for the old price, and then they get $2,000 from Ford to offset what they paid for the car.

spurlinb

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander Hybrid, Toyota Rav 4 Hybrid, BMW
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Finally received call from the dealer that my car arrived. Hope they they honor price protection. Any one received car recently and successfully got price matched to ordered price please post there experiences. Will update the thread tomorrow after my interaction with the dealer.
When did you order yours?

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you and I appreciate the heads up. I'm just wondering what the point of the form is if the dealership gets the money even if I didn't sign it? Kind of makes sense if the situation was that Ford required I sign it to reimburse the dealer...but maybe that's not the case?
Not sure what the form states but I will find out in a few weeks when my Mach arrives. If it states the new price and protected price then probably not an issue but if all it states is the person who ordered is the purchaser than the purchaser may not be aware. Someone else discussed this on another thread. I am not worried about my local dealer and already asked the sales manager how it works.

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
Not sure what the form states but I will find out in a few weeks when my Mach arrives. If it states the new price and protected price then probably not an issue but if all it states is the person who ordered is the purchaser than the purchaser may not be aware. Someone else discussed this on another thread. I am not worried about my local dealer and already asked the sales manager how it works.

Caramel Mach-e-ato

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Country flag
FWIW, I asked my dealer straight up last week about the price protection- and the process. Bottom line is that they stated that I would pay the original price protected amount. No games. Vehicle scheduled to show up in March. Will keep you posted. I’m in NC if that matters at all. GT non PE.