cloh76

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav 4; Mach-e
Country flag
Is there a way to turn on air circulation in the cabin for the Mach-E. I can not find the button or option to turn it on and it bothers me on occasion that the cabin fills with the smell of exhaust from the car in front of me.

The owners manual says to press the air circulation button, but I canā€™t find that button anywhere? Was that not included in the Mach-E?
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Is there a way to turn on air circulation in the cabin for the Mach-E. I can not find the button or option to turn it on and it bothers me on occasion that the cabin fills with the smell of exhaust from the car in front of me.

The owners manual says to press the air circulation button, but I canā€™t find that button anywhere? Was that not included in the Mach-E?
Itā€™s on your screen, bottom row, right of the volume dial. It brings up your climate settings, including that one.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
On that screen you select recirculate.

Chris-MMEX_GT500

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careerup.tech
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT / Star White
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Note: recirculate only remains for a few minutes before it switches back to normal circulation from external air. It would be nice it the setting did not revert back. In heavy traffic I have to switch back to recirculate every few minutes.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Note: recirculate only remains for a few minutes before it switches back to normal circulation from external air. It would be nice it the setting did not revert back. In heavy traffic I have to switch back to recirculate every few minutes.
Wow, that is kind of self-defeating. ?ā€ā™‚?

OP
OP

cloh76

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav 4; Mach-e
Country flag
Itā€™s on your screen, bottom row, right of the volume dial. It brings up your climate settings, including that one.
Thanks. Found it. Never knew about that expanded view. Looks good, but it sucks that air recirculation shuts off when you restart turn off, and back on the car.

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
'16 CMaxEnergi|'17 FocusElectric|'21 Mustang MachE
Occupation
Website Design, Development, and Digital Marketing
Country flag
I completely agree I don't understand why Ford will only allow circulate to be on for a few minutes before reverting back to pulling in air. I am constantly having to toggle that switch when in traffic or in very cold or very hot temperatures.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I completely agree I don't understand why Ford will only allow circulate to be on for a few minutes before reverting back to pulling in air. I am constantly having to toggle that switch when in traffic or in very cold or very hot temperatures.
Because Ford, and other car makers, are smart enough to know that when you use certain HVAC functions, like defrost, they need to kick in the A/C compressor, and they need fresh air.

This isn't new to Ford or this vehicle. The last vehicle I had where I could force recirculation at all times was my 1982 Jeep CJ, it had mechanical pull levers.

Reactions: Guy

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Many modern cars turn this off when parking to help defeat the musty smell when A/C is used. But they then restore the setting on the next key cycle to what was there at the last power off. Would be nice if MachE did this.

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag

if you run in auto mode, the system will force recirc air, instead of fresh air, most of the time, since this minimizes a/c compressor OR PTC heater power consumption. Note that auto mode will occasionally flip from recirc to fresh mode in order to purge CO2 from the cabin (not sure what the timer duration is) and then flip back to recirc.

Unfortunately, the MME doesn't offer an air quality sensor for North American spec vehicles, which would automatically flip to recirc when certain pollutants are detected

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Because Ford, and other car makers, are smart enough to know that when you use certain HVAC functions, like defrost, they need to kick in the A/C compressor, and they need fresh air.

This isn't new to Ford or this vehicle. The last vehicle I had where I could force recirculation at all times was my 1982 Jeep CJ, it had mechanical pull levers.
Yes I am aware of certain instances such as using defrost which requires A/C compressor and outside air. That is not my complaint here. My complaint is if I manually set the air direction as Vent, Temperature at 70Ā°, Recirculate, fan speed of 2, and no AC OR eheat, it should remain set as I intended.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes I am aware of certain instances such as using defrost which requires A/C compressor and outside air. That is not my complaint here. My complaint is if I manually set the air direction as Vent, Temperature at 70Ā°, Recirculate, fan speed of 2, and no AC OR eheat, it should remain set as I intended.
And I'm saying that this isn't new to Ford vehicles, or other makes, where the system overrides your selection. Been that way for a very long time.

Boselka

First Name
Jason & Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vibedigital.marketing
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
And I'm saying that this isn't new to Ford vehicles, or other makes, where the system overrides your selection. Been that way for a very long time.
Of course, I am sure that is the case, for the last 5 years I have only driven Fords, which behaved differently than the way the Mach-E is in this instance. Not a huge deal, just a minor annoyance. And now that I read this out loud it is clear the Mach-E is so great that only minor annoyances like this are left.

Raybdc97

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Na
Country flag
This is a problem of mine too...as I do not want to breath the fumes from the vehicle Infront of me, nor do I wish to smell them.
Is there any possible way to stop the vehicle from auto reverting back to outside air??? Like locking it to recirculating air. With the system entirely off it still seems to use outside air.
My best,
Ray

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I find that the entire HVAC system basically does whatever it wants to with no logical explanation. Regardless of the settings when I turn the car off, it may decide to change the setting for AC and or E-heat. Often the AC runs even when itā€™s not turned on.
Yesterday it was 43F and the car decided I needed AC.

I just want to set everything the way I want it and have it stay that way! Too much to ask!
Sponsored