Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
Cela reviendra au même, annulation ou changement de réservation, la GT n'entrera qu'en fabrication après donc obligatoirement on passera avant eux
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My reservation is on that site.

Date: 05-01-2020 (I assume it is an inverted date as my reservation was made on Jan 05, 2020)
Reservation #: 10029845

What I reserved: Mach-E Premium - RWD - ER Battery - Red - Light Space Grey Interior

Is it possible they have only notified lower reservation numbers?
I have a 10029xxx reservation number too. Same exact trim reserved (exc. black interior). Got my "It's almost time" email on June 17.

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The only problem with that is timing. I am sure I read somewhere that once you get your email to say that the order bank is open you have a time limit to confirm. After that your reservation will be cancelled and you will get your deposit back. I would imagine that orders for GT will be completely separate and you would have to start again. I am being completely selfish here, let us know if you cancel. One less in front of me.
When the order banks open to customers for ordering, customers can CHANGE any parameter (model, color, battery, interior, etc.). Except cannot change to First Edition. So, you can change from Premium to GT when ordering. You just will have to wait till next year to receive.

First Editions are full. I'm not sure how they will handle cancellations. We'll see.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
When the order banks open to customers for ordering, customers can CHANGE any parameter (model, color, battery, interior, etc.). Except cannot change to First Edition. So, you can change from Premium to GT when ordering. You just will have to wait till next year to receive.

First Editions are full. I'm not sure how they will handle cancellations. We'll see.
Yes to all that, but not next week. If my analysis is correct, to switch from non-GT to GT you need to wait until GT ordering starts. That only makes logical sense, how can you switch and order a GT if the actual original GT reservationists can't even order yet.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes to all that, but not next week. If my analysis is correct, to switch from non-GT to GT you need to wait until GT ordering starts. That only makes logical sense, how can you switch and order a GT if the actual original GT reservationists can't even order yet.
Just a guess... Maybe they can simply convert their reservation to a GT next week, where it then just continues on in the GT reservation queue like all the others for ordering whenever the GT's get ordered?

Similarly, it would seem like they need to allow current GT reservations to convert to Premium next week too if they want, and then immediately place their Premium order.

In other words, ALL reservations should be allowed to be changed next week. Then what it's changed TO should determine when they can order.

Last edited:

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Just a guess... Maybe they can simply convert their reservation to a GT next week, where it then just continues on in the GT reservation queue like all the others for ordering whenever the GT's get ordered?

Similarly, it would seem like they need to allow current GT reservations to convert to Premium next week too if they want, and then immediately place their Premium order.

In other words, ALL reservations should be allowed to be changed next week. Then what it's changed TO should determine when they can order.
That's all well and good, but here in the UK we CAN'T even preorder a GT yet so we cant swap our reservation. Once again there is confusion between US, UK and EUR processes.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
That would make sense but, given that GT reservation holders haven't received any emails with invites to convert to order, I don't see how one would go about converting to a Premium.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That would make sense but, given that GT reservation holders haven't received any emails with invites to convert to order, I don't see how one would go about converting to a Premium.
Yeah, I guess I was more talking about how it SHOULD work. If they aren't doing it that way, then they left some holes in the plan.

If they truly meant "anyone can change their configuration", then they really should allow everyone to change their reservation at the same time, regardless of the trim they initially ordered.

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Nobody is changing reservations. We’re converting reservations to orders.

You’re looking at two different scenarios.

1. Switching TO a non-GT from a GT. That should be possible because the non-GT order banks will be open. Log on to your account and see.

2, Switching FROM a non-GT to a GT order is not possible until the GT ordering starts.

I stand by my previous statement. That’s all I can say, sit pat if you want the GT.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Nobody is changing reservations. We’re converting reservations to orders.

You’re looking at two different scenarios.

1. Switching TO a non-GT from a GT. That should be possible because the non-GT order banks will be open. Log on to your account and see.

2, Switching FROM a non-GT to a GT order is not possible until the GT ordering starts.

I stand by my previous statement. That’s all I can say, sit pat if you want the GT.
So Ford Customer Service told me the order bank for all trims would be open at the same time (just different end dates). Do you believe this to be incorrect information?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So Ford Customer Service told me the order bank for all trims would be open at the same time (just different end dates). Do you believe this to be incorrect information?
Sorry, I’ve said what I can. I only represent myself and cannot speak for Ford.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sounds like there's a lot of conflicting and confusing information about the process. I guess we'll just see what actually happens at the end of the week for whether people can change trims or not (and to/from which ones).

Paulalex01

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 F-150, 2019 Miata, 2009 Element
Occupation
Retired - Electrical Engineer
Country flag
All I know is that I talked to a Ford rep (1-880-334-4375 (1), (3)). She said once Ford opens up ordering (whenever - June30), customer can change anything on their reservation except order a First Edition.
I HIGHLY recommend the use of Ford's hotline.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
My reservation is on that site.

Date: 05-01-2020 (I assume it is an inverted date as my reservation was made on Jan 05, 2020)
Reservation #: 10029845

What I reserved: Mach-E Premium - RWD - ER Battery - Red - Light Space Grey Interior

Is it possible they have only notified lower reservation numbers?
Not saying this is the delay, but there is some customization of the e-mail as they are including a pre approved amount. Maybe there is a limit to how many they can pull per day, or some are not as instant as others. Anyways, shouldn't matter as long as it shows your reservation is valid.

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Do we know any of the end dates before they are automatically canceled, especially for the first edition?
Sponsored