OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Also does it cover what happens to cancelled first editions (are they up for grabs)?
My wife says that information is above your pay grade. I’ll be more diplomatic and say there is information about special editions and special scenarios.
Sponsored

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
My wife says that information is above your pay grade. I’ll be more diplomatic and say there is information about special editions and special scenarios.
That’s fine. I didn’t expect you tell me what the content says. I was just curious if it was even mentioned (guess wondering what my dealership should expect to be able to answer). This helps. Thanks

ClaudeMach-E

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach 3- Tempo- Malibu(3)-Actual Kia Sportage AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
In my last email to my dealer, I did sent him a copy of the kind of email you guy's where receiving regarding converting your reservation to ordering and he reply to me that there where eager to know more too. I'm also convinced that dealers receive communications from Ford but some they can't talk about. ;) The process here will be very different from yours has we don't have online reservation system.

Last edited:

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
At my dealer getting new tires on my Escape. Both people I deal with at least claimed ignorance to all I have learned here. Told them I need to know in particular about X Plan and ADM before orders open up. They promised to let me know for sure, and we will see.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
I have an appointment with my Ford Dealer on Wed, June 24th so by then they should have had a few days to read and get up to speed on the latest info from Ford.
Good dealer I have worked with before --- ordered a new F-250 Super Duty from him a few years ago.

So if it’s MSRP less the X Plan on my First Edition reservation, I will go ahead and place the order.

Unlikely, but if I can’t make that deal, there are several other Ford Dealers in the area I can check with and go online Friday the 26th and change dealer.

I am always the optimist, but I think Ford may surprise us and get a lot of these First Editions delivered in N.A. well ahead of the planned dates.

The Cuautitlan Assembly Plant has been re-opened again for a few weeks and is setting up the line and I have not heard of any delays concerning LG Chem Poland that make the batteries.

Looking at a couple of the lists / databases of Mach-E reservations posted on these forum indicates that about 15% of the N.A. reservations are First Editions --- so approximately 15% of 20,000 or 3,000 FE’s on the low side maybe 4,000 FE’s on the high side going to N.A.

Once the assembly line is operational, it should easily be able to push at least 200 units a day out.
Ford has Truck assembly lines with much more complex drive trains outputting over 1,200 a day.

So even at 200 a day --- just a few weeks would have the N.A. First Editions done --- hoping for an end of Sept or early Oct delivery.

I said I was an optimist. :)

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Maybe. I won’t be posting it because those are specifically marked Proprietary.

But that doesn’t mean I’m not checking our site everyday waiting for it.
Can you at least post if I’d or not???

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
But, I will say the playbook confirms what has already been said about the timing of the order banks and ability to switch dealers. I remember someone asking how long will Ford honor (hold) your reservation and that is in here (ask your dealer because I can't say).
What about the test-drive situation?

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, there is a page dedicated to the Ford Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP).
I don't have a Ford Secret Decoder Ring, lol. FCTP is about being able to test drive the car before purchase?

OP
OP
hybrid2bev

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I don't have a Ford Secret Decoder Ring, lol. FCTP is about being able to test drive the car before purchase?
That’s because you need to use your Little Orphan Annie decoder ring. Ford has always said that you will be able to test drive before the final sales transaction is completed at delivery. Early delivery customers may or may not be test driving in their own ordered vehicles instead of the dealers FCTP unit.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That’s because you need to use your Little Orphan Annie decoder ring. Ford has always said that you will be able to test drive before the final sales transaction is completed at delivery. Early delivery customers may or may not be test driving in their own ordered vehicles instead of the dealers FCTP unit.
Lol.

Yes they have, was just looking for confirmation since it seems to come up in the forums all the time. Thanks

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
Is that may or may not on customer choice, or NDA speak for you can not say?

Jim_I

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium X-R Batt RWD Carbonized Gray
Country flag
I did not receive the email from Ford about getting ready. And I have received no emails from the local dealer.

So today I thought it was time to go to my dealer to ask if they had any information about the Mach-E ordering process and that I had placed a reservation at Ford.com.

I was told they had no information but will call or email me when they get it.

I guess I just keep waiting................

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I did not receive the email from Ford about getting ready. And I have received no emails from the local dealer.

So today I thought it was time to go to my dealer to ask if they had any information about the Mach-E ordering process and that I had placed a reservation at Ford.com.

I was told they had no information but will call or email me when they get it.
Jim,

You might want to log in here and verify that your reservation is showing up:
https://www.ford.com/buy/reservations/#/

What trim level did you reserve? It looks as though those with GT reservations haven't received the email.
Sponsored