Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think the date of it going live today was not meant for the public. It is probably hidden from us and is just live for QA people to make sure the system works properly before the rest of us have access to it next week.
Yes but I wouldn't be surprised if they start dribbling out the email invites so some of us start to exercise the system. They need to refresh our accounting with the corrected price and send us invitation emails.
Sponsored

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Are you using Microsoft edge? I have found other browsers do not always work. (Or FordPass app if on your phone).
Thanks, I figured it out...it was the browser. Operator Error on my part. I'm able to login, but of course, there is no option to place an order. It just lists my current reservation.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I think the date of it going live today was not meant for the public. It is probably hidden from us and is just live for QA people to make sure the system works properly before the rest of us have access to it next week.
Except my dealer called me (I didn't reach out to them at all) to specifically let me know to login on the 26th and place my order. So.....if it was "hidden", why would he call me and tell me to login today?

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Except my dealer called me (I didn't reach out to them at all) to specifically let me know to login on the 26th and place my order. So.....if it was "hidden", why would he call me and tell me to login today?
because the dealers know less than we do? ? Just kidding. Kind of.

my dealer sent me mail basically saying "when can you come in to finish your order?" I answered with "here's a day I can do, also can you confirm now that no ADM and you'll accept X-Plan?"

no answer yet...

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
I just got off the phone with my dealer. He said they got a communication last night that since I reserved online that I would not be able to come in today to place the order through the dealership until I get the Email next Tuesday. Has anyone that reserved online been able to go in and order through a dealer yet?

Thanks,
Kevin C.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
I just got off the phone with my dealer. He said they got a communication last night that since I reserved online that I would not be able to come in today to place the order through the dealership until I get the Email next Tuesday. Has anyone that reserved online been able to go in and order through a dealer yet?

Thanks,
Kevin C.
The GM at my dealership got the same message and called me this morning. He was going to try to figure it out and call me back. I'm sure he'll reach out by the end of the day, but the process is confusing to everyone. Unfortunately.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Just got these from my dealer. Looks like some maybe new information.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E customer order bank will open June 26! output2

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E customer order bank will open June 26! output2
I haven't seen this, but it's very useful. Especially the part describing the reservation timestamp determines build priority. My reservation is 10013432 (ordered on 18 Nov), so hopefully I'd get mine by the end of the year. It would be a great Christmas present to myself.

Cobra95Kev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Edge
Country flag
Yeah I was glad to see that reiterated again. Mine is 10006286. So I am hoping before the end of the year too.

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
The timestamp info and the fact that we can see the data from multiples dealers are neat tidbits.

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
The timestamp info and the fact that we can see the data from multiples dealers are neat tidbits.
That and the fact that the dealers lose $500 incentive if the customer changes dealerships. More incentive to not have ADM!

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Just got these from my dealer. Looks like some maybe new information.

output1.jpg
These bullet points seem very interesting to me. It looks like dealers will need to put their commitment in the online system, and compete with fellow dealerships on the terms/commitments.

* "Make sure your pricing and deposit information is how you want it. - customers will be able to see information for you and all other dealers once the system goes live"
* "If the customers chooses to change dealerships you will not qualify for the $500 reservation bonus."
* "Customers can see dealer price, dealer deposits, and other key details"

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That and the fact that the dealers lose $500 incentive if the customer changes dealerships. More incentive to not have ADM!
I wonder if that bonus only occurs if it's bought from the original dealership, or whether it goes to the switched-to dealership if a reservation holder switches?

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
I haven't seen this, but it's very useful. Especially the part describing the reservation timestamp determines build priority. My reservation is 10013432 (ordered on 18 Nov), so hopefully I'd get mine by the end of the year. It would be a great Christmas present to myself.
Very interesting. Nice to see that we have more leverage with the dealerships. Particularly interesting is that it says we can see the terms of the selected dealership, as well as other dealerships.... could that make for easy comparison shopping? As well as preventing the... "oh, we didn't promise that... you must have misunderstood, or that employee doesn't have authority, etc." non-sense later on.... effectively, the terms of the sale are in writing before ordering so no surprises later. At least hopefully that is how it will work.

Berth48

First Name
Arnauld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima hybride rechargeable. MME First Édition
Country flag
J'ai passé une réservation en ligne le 13 janvier pour une FE 10035 ***. J'ai aussi choisi mon revendeur le plus proche de chez moi qui m'a confirmé m'a réservé le lendemain. Il y a deux semaines le concessionnaire m'a appelé pour me confirmer la demande de mise en fabrication de Ford France avec un numéro de contrat confirmant cet ordre. Maintenant il faut juste attendre un peu pour passer de la réservation à la commande et ajouter des options si il y a (pour moi ce serait un attelage) et je pourrais même résilier après celle ci jusqu'à ce qu'un essai à priori en septembre avec un véhicule de démonstration qui circule de concession en concession. Livraison probable en janvier 2021 à condition que le virus ce calme. Après celà je suis assez rassuré, maintenant patience.
Sponsored