Mwjdavies

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR Rapid Red
Country flag
I did not see it switch to the camera before impact, but the guy came in pretty quick. I was in an exit lane and he cut into traffic right behind me and couldn't stop in time. I also don't think the Mach-E is recording video so it could be used later. On the Data Privacy page in the manual, it says data is collected that could be used but it doesn't mention video.

(Note: I did have a GoPro running and facing forward. It was in a 10x timelapse mode. It did actually capture the license plate of the guy that did the hit-and-run, but it was more valuable at the time to see it with my own eyes and have my wife call it in to 911. In fact, the cops didn't even want to see our footage. To them, it was clear exactly what happened.)
Noooooo……..
Hope you & Liv are ok. Am gutted for you. How much damage is there? Am thankful that you got the details and police are involved. Hope for a positive outcome from all this.
Sponsored

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Noooooo……..
Hope you & Liv are ok. Am gutted for you. How much damage is there? Am thankful that you got the details and police are involved. Hope for a positive outcome from all this.
We're OK. We were a little sore Sunday, but no big deal. To a bystander, it probably doesn't look that bad. To me, it feels devastating. Trying to get the insurance estimate now so the Ford dealer can schedule me for repairs.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Dashcam and Sentry Mode Updates PXL_20210403_195326529.MP

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
We're OK. We were a little sore Sunday, but no big deal. To a bystander, it probably doesn't look that bad. To me, it feels devastating. Trying to get the insurance estimate now so the Ford dealer can schedule me for repairs.
PXL_20210403_195326529.MP.jpg
seeing a temp plate on there with all that damage just makes it that much sadder :(

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
seeing a temp plate on there with all that damage just makes it that much sadder :(
On the bright side, my metal plates didn't get damaged? Nope, I can't even pretend. It just sucks.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
Don't forget you can use your Ford Pass Reward Points. I'm not sure how many of them you get with the MACHE purchase, but I got 75,000 with my F150 Platinum. I've used them for oil changes and paid for the Mach-E Floor liners with them as well.
Yes great call out. The guy in the parts dept at my dealer suggested it before I got my ask in. Wonder what the FordPass points will be for the Mach-E???

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yes great call out. The guy in the parts dept at my dealer suggested it before I got my ask in. Wonder what the FordPass points will be for the Mach-E???
22,000 points for the purchase.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Did anyone notice this fine print on the Echomaster Website for those dash cams Ford is offering for the Mach-E?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Dashcam and Sentry Mode Updates 1617731135092

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Did anyone notice this fine print on the Echomaster Website for those dash cams Ford is offering for the Mach-E?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Dashcam and Sentry Mode Updates 1617731135092
That appears to be this camera. If you choose to use the OBD cable, the ICE version and EV version are different. Ford seems to only offer the non EV OBD cable. They also only supply an 8GB memory card. The below is a better deal (blackboxmycar) for the same dash cam. I would think the Ford version would work if it was hardwired to the fuse box instead of the OBD.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Dashcam and Sentry Mode Updates 1617731742889

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
What I ordered is on the ford accessories web site as a Mach-E accessory. I will advise if I hit a wall.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
What I ordered is on the ford accessories web site as a Mach-E accessory. I will advise if I hit a wall.
Definitely keep us posted - Would love to see how your dealer installs and which method they use to get power. Did you get the front/rear camera bundle or just the front?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Wait really? The center display can show camera footage? I’d like to see this in action during a controlled event not an actual crash. This was in no YouTube videos or anywhere online
The center (main) display cameras can be brought up at any time from the settings menu and the camera views are the same as the ones that activate when parking.

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Definitely keep us posted - Would love to see how your dealer installs and which method they use to get power. Did you get the front/rear camera bundle or just the front?
Front and rear.
Sponsored