Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deleted my reservation
Occupation
Retired LtCol RNLA
Country flag
Maybe your sensors are to sensitive. Are they (software) adjustable?
In any case the recording is limited to 10 - 15 events so the theory holds!
Sponsored

Cvdbos

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deleted my reservation
Occupation
Retired LtCol RNLA
Country flag
Well in any case you only check your recordings if there is a problem, so hopefully never!
What worries me more is the story of the energy consumption if you leave your vehicle unattended for a couple of days.
That consumption should be limited so you have no nasty surprise if you return tot your vehicle.

Shihear

First Name
Shihear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT350
Country flag
Well in any case you only check your recordings if there is a problem, so hopefully never!
What worries me more is the story of the energy consumption if you leave your vehicle unattended for a couple of days.
That consumption should be limited so you have no nasty surprise if you return tot your vehicle.
Can it be shut off via app if you happen to forget and left on vacation for example?

Even with the energy draw problem I still hope the Mach-E gets sentry mode sooner than later. I think it's a huge feature for vehicle security.

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, BMW i3
Country flag
My neighbor showed me sentry mode last weekend, and it definitely did not work that way.

It is always recording a 60 Mon loop, BUT it senses motion/proximity (we tested it) and saves that "event" separately for easy access and viewing. Actually, when we got back in the car it had a message on the screen that said one event occurred. It was pretty slick. Only thing that could be better is viewing the event on the car screen. He had to view the event on his phone.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Maybe your sensors are to sensitive. Are they (software) adjustable?
In any case the recording is limited to 10 - 15 events so the theory holds!
Nope, LYTMCQ is correct. There are several folders on the USB drive where the video files are recorded. One stores clips that are constantly recorded for which there was no security alert. These would include normal clips where you're just driving. There is a separate 'Sentry" folder where clips are recorded for a 'security event'. The left, right & front cameras are recorded for each security event. However many of these 'events' are actually non-events where a passerby simply gets close to the car. The biggest issue is that you need to remove the USB drive and bring it to a computer. Tesla needs to find a way to review these clips on the main car's screen and to isolate only those clips for which a real security event occurred. You are also only limited by the size of the drive, there is no limit of 10-15 events.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Question....Say you have an accident where you get t-boned. Will it record prior to the moment of impact so that you can prove that they hit you???

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
That is awesome. I am an insurance agent. Most claims are he said/she said claims. With video it becomes what I said and the other party has zero argument

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes we need Sentry Mode! This needs to be a thing.

There are countless videos on YouTube of vandals being caught by SentyMode. That footage has led to prosecutions. Also hours of footage of accidents. SentryMode would be invaluable.

Last edited:

Raybdc97

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Na
Country flag
How do we get the word to Ford that Dash Cam and Sentry Modes need to happen?
Sponsored