Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The videos are coming. Just look away when Edmunds runs the GTPE against their Model YP, after 70-75 that’s gonna look pretty neutered. I think their C8 will spank it hard as well, even from a dig.

I can’t wait til a PE challenges me to a quick roll-on but from a dig I’m finished.
It’s like you predicted. Was actually closer than I expected.

Sponsored

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
It’s like you predicted. Was actually closer than I expected.

Edmunds is great but they just kill their rwd cars by running at Willow, it’s so damn dusty so it totally plays to the awd car’s strength at launch. The roll-ons are obviously different. I think their C8 and GT500 run .6-.9 slower at Willow than at their home test track. And their home track does not have a prepped 1/4 surface either.

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, Acura RDX, Corvette C8
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Edmunds is great but they just kill their rwd cars by running at Willow, it’s so damn dusty so it totally plays to the awd car’s strength at launch. The roll-ons are obviously different. I think their C8 and GT500 run .6-.9 slower at Willow than at their home test track. And their home track does not have a prepped 1/4 surface either.
Saw the C8 video this morning. Pretty much as expected. 0-60 they’ll run close with the C8 being a little quicker. I’ve gotten as low as 2.9s and typically come in low 3.1s depending on conditions.

You’ve gotta use the launch mode to get that quick though. If you just power brake you’ll end up closer to 3.9. Fortunately launch mode is super easy to engage (I can do it in a couple of seconds) unlike many other manufacturers (cough Tesla cough). Plus Chevy outright says use it as much as you want, unlike many other manufacturers (cough Dodge cough).

After 60 we all knew the GTPE was going to fall on its face. And the rolls were always going to look the same way. They were at least nice enough to do 30 rolls instead of 60 rolls.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I thought it put up a good fight. I’d like to see this race without the 5SR (5 second rule)

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I thought it put up a good fight. I’d like to see this race without the 5SR (5 second rule)
It would be a tiny bit closer but not much. The corvette has more horsepower (or damn near the same depending on how you slice, 480 vs 495) and considerably less weight. The MME has an advantage in traction (AWD vs RWD) but it doesn’t have any launch advantage on the C8 in anything other than poor conditions.

So yeah, even if the MME could pull clean through to 100, you’re still getting beat in the 1/8, 1/4, and steadily getting walked for anything beyond. It would be a better showing but not much.

tesla2mme

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GT in the best color ever made (cyber orange!)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It would be a tiny bit closer but not much. The corvette has more horsepower (or damn near the same depending on how you slice, 480 vs 495) and considerably less weight. The MME has an advantage in traction (AWD vs RWD) but it doesn’t have any launch advantage on the C8 in anything other than poor conditions.

So yeah, even if the MME could pull clean through to 100, you’re still getting beat in the 1/8, 1/4, and steadily getting walked for anything beyond. It would be a better showing but not much.
I agree with you completely - but - it would be outstanding for a first run, first time full EV MachE to hang with a C8 hypercar for longer, you know? And maybe it wouldn't best the C8, but if you think back to the Shelby version of this race, the MME GTPE barely lost that.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
I like watching those guys. And I love the C8–for a while seriously considered getting one, impractical though it may be for me. Have they done a Premium AWD MME vs the C8? Am I recalling the multiple long threads on this topic correctly that the Premium AWD would actually beat the GTPE in the 1/4 mile?

Mach E JT

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I like watching those guys. And I love the C8–for a while seriously considered getting one, impractical though it may be for me. Have they done a Premium AWD MME vs the C8? Am I recalling the multiple long threads on this topic correctly that the Premium AWD would actually beat the GTPE in the 1/4 mile?
The premium would be in the rear view even quicker than the GTPE. 0-60 time on the 4s/5s range versus a true 3s car.

And I absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on the Z06…

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
The Premium 4x is *faster* through the traps than the GT or GT-PE, but the GT and GT-PE are *quicker* in elapsed time to the end of the quarter. So while the Premium is faster at the end of the quarter, the GT and GT-PE will beat the Premium to the end of the quarter because of of their low-end acceleration advantage. ??‍♂?

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
The Premium 4x is *faster* through the traps than the GT or GT-PE, but the GT and GT-PE are *quicker* in elapsed time to the end of the quarter. So while the Premium is faster at the end of the quarter, the GT and GT-PE will beat the Premium to the end of the quarter because of of their low-end acceleration advantage. ??‍♂?
Ah ok. Thanks for clarifying. I knew there was something the Premium did that was faster but forgot the details.

OP
OP
Mach1E

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Disagree.

Without the 5 second limit, the GTPE would match the model Y Performance.

And the Y performance does quite well in these race videos. (Very close)

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Disagree.

Without the 5 second limit, the GTPE would match the model Y Performance.

And the Y performance does quite well in these race videos. (Very close)

Yep, but Willow Springs straight is a worst case for rwd. Cold outside, C8 suffered. Dusty track. Same. C8 runs 11.1-11.3@120-122mph in decent, non-track conditions. Game over.
Sponsored