Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Same old story, nothing new. Not gonna change either. Hence, our Blazer SS EV reservation.

At least the GT looks the best and has handling to back up the looks.
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Same old story, nothing new. Not gonna change either. Hence, our Blazer SS EV reservation.

Hey I got one of those too!

And a Fisker Ocean Extreme :-D

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Honestly is embarrassing that they haven't even attempted to address it
I agree, that is why I am thinking they have to be working on something. Geez, just bump it up a couple more seconds or bring the HP back gradually like the competition does. If they do that it will at least be in the middle. Ford has to be worried about this as those kind of numbers translate to sales (or lost sales) for a performance edition.

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
Honestly is embarrassing that they haven't even attempted to address it
Ford doesn't care right now because there is a shortages of cars. Especially EVs for sale. "Short term gains for long term pain." is their motto. They really tarnished their reputation. The MME was their chance to introduce people to the Ford brand. And honestly I think they blew it. Lots of people won't consider another Ford product because of how they handled the recall and to a lesser extent the 5 second limp mode.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

Nothing wrong with a reservation, but with the Blazer SS, there is still plenty of time to be disappointed.

Things that could disappoint?

The 7 step process to get full power

and

heavy weight (affects ride, braking and handling)

and

Top speed

The Hummer EV top speed is only 106 mph. We donā€™t know if the Blazer will suffer that same fate. But if it doesā€¦.. I think we will know what the 1/4 mile trap speed will be

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Nothing wrong with a reservation, but with the Blazer SS, there is still plenty of time to be disappointed.

and

and

Top speed

The Hummer EV top speed is only 106 mph. We donā€™t know if the Blazer will suffer that same fate. But if it doesā€¦.. I think we will know what the 1/4 mile trap speed will be
I haven't really followed but how's the lyriq in these respects? I think that's what the blazer is based on.

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag

and

and

Top speed

I agree with your concerns. I actually thought about waiting for the Blazer SS instead of the MME GT PE but then watched reviews for the current ICE Blazer and they don't list it very highly. Since this EV version will still be based on the ICE platform, some of those negatives will carry with it I am sure.

I went with the Mach E since it was designed as an EV from the ground up. Heck, I even considered the I4 but it also loses out for the same reasons (not designed from ground up as an EV).

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I haven't really followed but how's the lyriq in these respects? I think that's what the blazer is based on.
Havenā€™t seen the 500 hp version tested, but the 340 hp one wasnā€™t impressive from a performance standpoint (acceleration, ride, handling):
https://www.caranddriver.com/cadillac/lyriq

0-60 in 5.7
Skidpad- 0.80 G (wow that sucks!)
Ride- ā€œ The ride is comfortable over smooth pavement but some may find the suspension to be a bit too firm over rougher stretches of road.ā€

bcaceres

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I do not care about 0-60. If you want that pleasure, this is not your car. For me, it is perfect.
TLDR: I fully agree with you.

Long version:

Ironically, the Mustang Mach-E GT PE 4X was the fastest car from 0 to 60mph at 3.7 seconds. In the quarter mile the MME is only 0.3 seconds slower and your speed at that point is 102mph.

I cannot remember the last time I felt the need to drive 100mph, but if I did feel the need and I felt it was safe to do so then I would not mind taking an extra 0.3 seconds to do that quarter mile.

The truth is that in real-world normal (non race-car) driving that 0 to 30mph, 0 to 60mph, and even 0 to 70mph is where you need the acceleration. You need that off-the-line acceleration and you need the torque so you can pass when at highway speeds.

In the MME GT PE you get 5 seconds of full power acceleration, I think passing speed is not going to be a problem -- especially with the zero-lag in the Mustang (as compared to the BMW which likes to ease the power in). My little Nissan Leaf has plenty of passing speed simply because the acceleration is instant and the 0 to 30/40mph time in the Leaf is fantastic -- which is what you need off most red lights if you need to ensure you can create some distance for a lane change so you can make an upcoming turn.

The Mustang Mach-E Select has way more power than my Nissan Leaf and is more than enough for anybody who is not so insecure that they feel the need to drag race everybody else on the road (potentially causing accidents and injury).

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I grew up in the 80's where cars have 100hp, and 200hp was considered a lot, so even 0-60 in 5 secs is more than adequate for daily driving. But lets be honest, we didn't buy the GT to be adequate. We bought the GT because we wanted "bragging rights." Its all bench racing after a certain point. And that's where Ford let us down. When your mid level trim beats out the top performance trim, we have have a problem.

PalsyWalsy

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 400H, Lexus 300H, Buick Enclave, Mach E GT
Occupation
School Administration
Country flag
My takeaway is.....MachE is the quickest on the street and the only EV in the test which doesn't look like a bag of hammered a**holes.
I think I actually teared up I laughed so hard when reading this. After reading the rest, this caught me off guard for some reason yet was so spot on.

Last edited:

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 4X, ā€˜14 SS Sedan tuned, ā€˜17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag

and

and

Top speed

Lots of maybes in there. The rwd single motor Lyriq, which is the Blazer platform mate runs 14.1-14.2 1/4 miles at 99-101mph with only 340hp to move itā€™s 5600 lbs. I suspect the 500hp awd Lyriq and 557hp Blazer SS will be just fine where trap speeds are concerned, say 110-113mph est. The rwd only Lyriq also tops out at 118mph.

Also, the Hummer EV like the ICE Ram TRX are limited to 106mph due to all-terrain tires. This will not be a factor at all for the Blazer SS. Plus, I just think the GM Ultium platform is better, to be frank.

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
Anyone hazard a guess what the GT's 1/4 time would be without the 5 second limit?

/nicely done video, all around.
Sponsored