Mach-e GTPE loses to everything

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
3.7s. Ford marketed the GTPE as 3.5s, and to date, I've not seen anyone able to reproduce that time. Has anyone?
Yup. Only seen people beat 3.5 at the drag strip though. A few have posted the results on the Facebook group.

Mine, like every GTPE, spins the tires on the street. The issue is traction.
Sponsored

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Sorry to intrude on your thead. The time it took you to tell me that the thread is about GTPE, you could have just ignored my post or answered my question.
It's not my thread, it's just that in the context of talking about 0-60 your comment didn't make any sense because the GTPE is entirely different from a premium in that respect.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hyperbole? Hot garbage? That’s not what Tony Quiroga of CD said. And, it’s a Cadillac luxury EV SUV tuned for comfort not max lat G numbers anyway. I’d bet on MR dampers being on the SS but GM has some new Passive Plus Premium Dampers that the Lyriq utilizes. The details are interesting.

https://www.caranddriver.com/review...llac-lyriq-450e-debut-edition-by-the-numbers/
Are we reading the same article? Sounds like a horrible review of the handling:

“Fortunately, the suspension tuning doesn't venture too far back into history. Ride quality sticks to the comfort side of the ride-handling spectrum, but it's free of any floatiness. Some initial impact harshness is quickly forgotten as the multilink front and rear suspension gently stroke away the ripples. Steering isn't as light as the roulette wheels in old Coupe DeVilles, but no one who wants a Blackwing will find much to love about the Lyriq's handling. Competency won out over playfulness, and all-season rubber, size 265/50R-20, summons a mere 0.80 g on the skidpad. The battery keeps the center of gravity low, and weight distribution is 48.7 percent front and 51.3 percent rear, which may say "sports sedan" balance, but the mass wins out over the tires.”

This doesn’t get me excited:

LOWS: Not quick for an EV, long braking distances, competence instead of fun, no frunk.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I find nothing hard to believe though. They look so close in all the pics. What about exterior items like headlights, body cladding, controls inside. I am not trying to be a smart a%$ but there are a lot of similarities.

Chevy Blazer ICE
1664035575819.png

Chevy Blazer EV
1664035649196.png

Look, I am not knocking the vehicle. I almost waited to buy it instead of putting money down on a Ford. Heck, if I was smart, I would hold out for it since my only other experience with EVs is with GM (Chevy Volt) and it is still going strong. But there are definitely going to be some shared components and the fact remains, the ICE powered Blazer got some bad press.
They may look close but their dimensions are totally different so it's unlikely much could be shared.

Kinda crazy to believe cars that have totally different wheel bases and vastly different weights could share something like suspension components. That's just out there...

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
They may look close but their dimensions are totally different so it's unlikely much could be shared.

Kinda crazy to believe cars that have totally different wheel bases and vastly different weights could share something like suspension components. That's just out there...
Maybe so, we will soon see! Part of me thinks Ford pushed all of our August 2022 orders (like mine) to be built this year instead of late Q1/Q2 that they originally predicted because Ford knew the competition was going to tighten up quick when these GM EVs (and a few others) hit the dealers. I will be watching it closely. I have never been the type to trade such a new car so soon. However, if it as good as some of you are saying, and Ford can't fix the 5 sec kill switch, I might be tempted. It sounds like you are thinking the same....

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Maybe you're right (though personally I doubt it), but Car and Driver / Motortrend are no better than paid advertisers in 2022. They give special reviews for special access. Did it for Rivian, probably doing it here since you can't actually buy a Lyriq off a lot.

Since this is now apparently a GM thread, some of the initial (objective) reviews from TFL and StateofCharge on charging the Hummer EV and it's "Ultium" battery pack are terrible. The vehicle throttles hard or stops charging all together after a few minutes. Hope for their sake it's a software bug.
Whatever dude. You lost me at them being paid advertisers. Just like you questioned Edmunds in another thread we were in. So, who is objective? The countless YouTubers whose livelihoods now depend on special review access just like the mainstream outlets? Give me a break.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
Are we reading the same article? Sounds like a horrible review of the handling:

“Fortunately, the suspension tuning doesn't venture too far back into history. Ride quality sticks to the comfort side of the ride-handling spectrum, but it's free of any floatiness. Some initial impact harshness is quickly forgotten as the multilink front and rear suspension gently stroke away the ripples. Steering isn't as light as the roulette wheels in old Coupe DeVilles, but no one who wants a Blackwing will find much to love about the Lyriq's handling. Competency won out over playfulness, and all-season rubber, size 265/50R-20, summons a mere 0.80 g on the skidpad. The battery keeps the center of gravity low, and weight distribution is 48.7 percent front and 51.3 percent rear, which may say "sports sedan" balance, but the mass wins out over the tires.”

This doesn’t get me excited:

LOWS: Not quick for an EV, long braking distances, competence instead of fun, no frunk.
It’s. A. F@cking. Luxury. SUV. You know this right? No floatiness, or lingering impact harshness. Competent. Multilink f/r suspension stroke away the ripples. If those traits were in a GT review then yes, bad. But it’s not a sporting SUV.

Throw a set of UHP A/S tires on it and watch it turn .85-90 G and cut 15-25 ft off the stopping distances.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Whatever dude. You lost me at them being paid advertisers. Just like you questioned Edmunds in another thread we were in. So, who is objective? The countless YouTubers whose livelihoods now depend on special review access just like the mainstream outlets? Give me a break.
You don't get it. None of them are...that's my point.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag

Space Ghost GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GLE 450, space white GT received 11/04/22
Occupation
Nerd
Country flag
I find nothing hard to believe though. They look so close in all the pics. What about exterior items like headlights, body cladding, controls inside. I am not trying to be a smart a%$ but there are a lot of similarities.

Chevy Blazer ICE
1664035575819.png

Chevy Blazer EV
1664035649196.png

Look, I am not knocking the vehicle. I almost waited to buy it instead of putting money down on a Ford. Heck, if I was smart, I would hold out for it since my only other experience with EVs is with GM (Chevy Volt) and it is still going strong. But there are definitely going to be some shared components and the fact remains, the ICE powered Blazer got some bad press.
You need glasses 🤓

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I hope you enjoy your 6k lb Chevy Blazer
I’ll enjoy my SS sedan, my wife can enjoy the Blazer SS. Funny watching people on here decry 6K lb EVs whilst driving neutered 5K lb EVs. Seriously, it’s a laugher.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s. A. F@cking. Luxury. SUV. You know this right? No floatiness, or lingering impact harshness. Competent. Multilink f/r suspension stroke away the ripples. If those traits were in a GT review then yes, bad. But it’s not a sporting SUV.

Throw a set of UHP A/S tires on it and watch it turn .85-90 G and cut 15-25 ft off the stopping distances.
You are the one posting the article claiming it was a good review of the handling.

Now you’re super salty I direct quoted the article you posted?

The SS doesn’t even exist at this point and we are just speculating. Not sure why so testy.

And 1000 extra lbs to haul around is a lot. Especially when talking performance. It’s worth 100+ hp for acceleration and can kill handling and braking.

Imagine dropping your SS sedan to 3000 lbs or bloating it to 5000. You get the idea.

Yeah, 5k is porky but 6k….. well the “it weighs more than an Escalade” should tell you everything.
Sponsored