ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have a California Rt. 1 going into production next week, but why would I even take delivery of that when the Premium AWD with ER is exactly the same price? If the CA Rt. 1 isn't discounted further, they'll be seeing those hit the lot instead of people taking delivery. Am I missing something? The Premium configuration is clearly better but it's priced like the lower equipped CA Rt. 1...
Did you happen to order on or after January 30 of this year? If so, the press release does say Ford will offer an incentive via dealers. If you ordered before this, not sure what the deal is.
Sponsored

ChicagoV

First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
Did you happen to order on or after January 30 of this year? If so, the press release does say Ford will offer an incentive via dealers. If you ordered before this, not sure what the deal is.
I did. I have a feeling the incentive will be the $1k reduction. Which isn't really worth it if I can wait and get a Premium AWD ER for the same price because they got rid of the $3k spread between the two trims that ran the Premium higher due (mostly due to B&O system, projector headlights, and wheels) ... decisions decisions.

PicoR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium 4X
Country flag
I did. I have a feeling the incentive will be the $1k reduction. Which isn't really worth it if I can wait and get a Premium AWD ER for the same price because they got rid of the $3k spread between the two trims that ran the Premium higher due (mostly due to B&O system, projector headlights, and wheels) ... decisions decisions.
For those of us who ordered last year and were scheduled to take delivery around March, losing the $3,750 tax credit is my frustration.

I'm finally seeing Mach-Es on dealer's lots. I wonder how many cancelled orders they are getting due to the Tesla price cuts and their full $7,500 tax credit?

buzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem AWD ER, Jeep 4xe (Rubi and GC)
Country flag
For those of us who ordered last year and were scheduled to take delivery around March, losing the $3,750 tax credit is my frustration.

I'm finally seeing Mach-Es on dealer's lots. I wonder how many cancelled orders they are getting due to the Tesla price cuts and their full $7,500 tax credit?
A lot. I vowed never to buy another Tesla and I found myself speccing out a car. Thank God I found a used MME at a reasonable price otherwise I might have just done that (shudders).

NYSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium AWD SR - Vapor Blue (STILL WAITING!)
Country flag
A lot. I vowed never to buy another Tesla and I found myself speccing out a car. Thank God I found a used MME at a reasonable price otherwise I might have just done that (shudders).
I just checked out the MME lease rates that were published yesterday on the Ford website. Horrible. Much worse than a month ago and even a week ago.
After waiting 13 months and finally having my MME on a truck to my dealer, I've never been closer to a TESLA (or even a EV6) as both lease more favorably.
I will wait until the car comes in, see what incentives they give me for this being a 2022 order and make a decision.. Not looking good right now.

buzzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Prem AWD ER, Jeep 4xe (Rubi and GC)
Country flag
I just checked out the MME lease rates that were published yesterday on the Ford website. Horrible. Much worse than a month ago and even a week ago.
After waiting 13 months and finally having my MME on a truck to my dealer, I've never been closer to a TESLA (or even a EV6) as both lease more favorably.
I will wait until the car comes in, see what incentives they give me for this being a 2022 order and make a decision.. Not looking good right now.
Another spillover effect of the reduced tax credit, perhaps, not applying as much cap reduction? Or I thought there was a loophole for leasing that maxxed out the credit (unless that was just for ineligible manufacturers, leaving MME in the messy middle??)

Anyhow, I've owned four Tesla's. Every one (save for the M3P) was a turd. The MY was the worst of them, biggest car regret of my life. There's a reason they are so cheap.

Rubidium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
if they have taken away Orange, does that mean they are going to add a good colour finally?

PicoR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium 4X
Country flag
We are supposed to take delivery in the next couple of weeks and I'm seriously thinking of walking away and take a chance Ford has to discount MME this summer due to surge of cancellations.

I would like Ford to give me the option to software "delete" BC1.2 at delivery and save me $2100. I would keep the portable charger ($500) and then subtract the $1,400 difference between a 2023 premium and a 2023.5

Last edited:

NYSteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Premium AWD SR - Vapor Blue (STILL WAITING!)
Country flag
Another spillover effect of the reduced tax credit, perhaps, not applying as much cap reduction? Or I thought there was a loophole for leasing that maxxed out the credit (unless that was just for ineligible manufacturers, leaving MME in the messy middle??)

Anyhow, I've owned four Tesla's. Every one (save for the M3P) was a turd. The MY was the worst of them, biggest car regret of my life. There's a reason they are so cheap.
Tesla, KIA, Hyundai, Volvo and many others take the full $7,500 right off the top of the lease.
Ford does not.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Note other details:
1) The Ford Mobile Charger can be removed from the order to reduce the cost by $500
2) The Select trim now has a $1,500 Comfort Package Lite option that includes Heated Driver and Front Passenger Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Memory Driver's Seat, and Power Folding Exterior Side View Mirrors.
Well that's good news!

When I wrote off the Select trim when they converted my '22 into '23, forced into Premium, I never looked back since.

Glad that this is now an option on the Select trim!

Might be looking at it again since my 57 week order is still not here.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
You and me both!

Unless Ford pulls out a magic wand and offers our 13 month ordered MME a significant discount for our over priced, half tax credit MME I may also walk.

Looking now at the Mercedes EQB (lease to capture the $7500 pass thru then buy it out) and wife wants the Tesla model Y to purchase for the full tax credit.

CmndrNemo

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
My understanding is that line is only on this forum, from a user that says it came from Ford. That is not specified in the Ford press release. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'd love to be.

sunhmy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e 2023
Country flag
My Premium is scheduled to arrive May 12-18. I see the price difference is about $1400 less if I ordered it today. However I do not understand the 'Pony Package' which is only on Extended range for $800. Does my current order standard range Premium include any of the stuff in that new Pony Package? If it does then the difference is less then $1400.
Why is the difference only $1400? I thought for the premium it's $4000 diff?

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
We are supposed to take delivery in the next couple of weeks and I'm seriously thinking of walking away and take a chance Ford has to discount MME this summer due to surge of cancellations.

I would like Ford to give me the option to software "delete" BC1.2 at delivery and save me $2100. I would keep the portable charger ($500) and then subtract the $1,400 difference between a 2023 premium and a 2023.5
My 2 cents....the Ford (Webasto) charger isn't a good value at $500.
Sponsored