Gilberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX5, Mach-E AWD SR RR
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
Country flag
I have had the car for about a month and a half (close to 800 miles). Apple car play works without issues. Once I went for a drive and when I got to the destination I realized I did not have the keys. Paak worked without any issues.
The only issue I had was that the screen froze once. It unfroze after I stopped the car went shopping and when I came back it was working fine.
What I dont like is that home charging charging above 32A generates insane noises. At 32A (40A breaker) it is really quiet.
Another thing is that the car feels pretty heavy. Any pot hole or leaving the driveway you can feel the bumps.
I like how it drives. It is probably the best car I have driven. It is really smooth on the curves, acceleration is awesome, and it does not feel like a cheap car on the interior like some other popular EV brand out there.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I've had my car for less than a week, so I'm probably jumping in the "no issues" thread too soon. But I had two main concerns from reading posts here while waiting for delivery: screen buzz and a bouncy ride. I can report that we don't have audible screen buzz (to our ears) and I took the car on a stretch of freeway with the kind of pavement that should induce bouncing and all was fine.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
I've had my car for less than a week, so I'm probably jumping in the "no issues" thread too soon. But I had two main concerns from reading posts here while waiting for delivery: screen buzz and a bouncy ride. I can report that we don't have audible screen buzz (to our ears) and I took the car on a stretch of freeway with the kind of pavement that should induce bouncing and all was fine.
I now have almost 2,000 miles on 2 MME’s and No issue with either screen buzz or bouncy ride!!

mtxpert

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
No issues with ours after having dealer update and add our phones. Everything works great with no issues so far including PAAK.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
No issues with ours after having dealer update and add our phones. Everything works great with no issues so far including PAAK.
My Wife still has PAAK problems but our dealer has promised to give her a Free Fob!! Today she was able to unlock and start the car but then got “ no key detected “ and car failed to lock when she walked away!

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
We took a 350 mile trip this past weekend with charging at an EA station (plugged in, recognized the car, no issues charging the Ford Pass balance.) Love the car, loved teh adaptive cruise control, loved the sound system, got rained on and auto-wipers worked, very happy with vehicle.

pumasalad

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e (red)
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Country flag
CarPlay works most of the time without issue. There are usually at least two of us in the car with two iPhones. CarPlay usually defaults to my phone. When it works (90% of the time) it connects quickly and flawlessly. When it falls off the rails, it is pretty near impossible to get it to work. I have driven all the way home alone in the car with no CarPlay because it just won't connect (but only a few times). Once when it wouldn't connect over the air, I even plugged in the usb cable to see if that would help, it didn't. My older i3 had similar issues and rates of carplay failure, so I'm assuming that this one is Apple's and not Ford's fault.

Bigpat13

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I've owned my Mach E for 3 months & haven't had any serious issues, but I did research the vehicle intently before purchasing and understand it very well. The only issue I had was I couldn't access the vehicle while it was updating which said 10 minutes, but took more like 30.

IBGroggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Battery
Country flag
I was reluctant to respond in fear of jinxing myself. I thought better of it and had to share how things are going. I'll start with the fact that I've had several full sized pickups over the years so thought about the switch for a long time.

Reserved in Dec of 2019, took the plunge in July of 2020, started the purchase process (dealer deposit really). Pleased to say, while there were a few delays that pushed delivery back about 2 to 3 months for me, took delivery of my MME Premium AWD Ext Battery - Infinite Blue Metallic on Feb 17th.

I've had the screen do interesting stuff twice which was resolved quickly by doing screen reset. Simple enough. Being an IT guy, I'm familiar with many issues being resolved with a simple restart of the device, so something I can live with. PAAK works pretty well for me, provided I have good cell connectivity. Some areas with weak coverage I have to be patient, but it usually works. That said, I have ordered a second fob just for sanity sake. I've found, and anyone please correct me, that I can't use PAAK and Android Auto at the same time. I don't use Android Auto much, so non issue really, but it would be nice and I might use it more. Been looking at adding a hitch for the bike rack, but still on the fence there. $500 to $600 estimate.

Beyond these few items, my MME has been solid. Have 2000 miles on it so far. Absolutely fun to drive. It's quite the head turner too, almost feel like I'm some kind of celebrity. Actually scary sometimes when random people come up to ask about it, but they are just curious and I'm willing to share details. I did add a sub panel to my detached garage for charging at 240V and haven't had any issues there either. So much cheaper than gas.

Just want to add that I consider myself fortunate given the dealership stories I've read. I've been with my dealer for a long time and have shared some of those stories with them. They can't believe how some would do that to their customers. No unexpected price changes either. Paid what I was quoted. Bottom line, while I can point out a few flaws or issues, I wouldn't change my decision. Hope this one person's opinion and experiences helps.

LTC_HUGH

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As I can tell from joining this forum there are a lot of different issues with the Mach E.

I know with a new model of car there are going to be some issues but there seems to be an inordinate amount of issues with this vehicle.

I would like to hear from some owners that have had the vehicle for several months or more that have used and understand the tech in the vehicle.

Not using the tech like PAAK and dismissing the issues with this feature because you don't really like tech is not really a positive for the vehicle.

The last post I read with the car dying on the gentleman coming down a mountain is a serious issue.

Parts availability for the gentleman with the accident is unacceptable!

CarPlay? Does it, or does it not work all of the time?

I really want to purchase this car but every time I come on here there's another issue.

Someone with some time/miles on this car, who likes and knows tech, tell me something good.

In the end, these EVs are computers driving electric motors. The reliability of the tech is the heart of the car.
I have owned my Mach e since April and I have had minor issues but all were fixed with software updates. I love my car. I think you have to take all of these issues with a grain of salt. The car is fantastic, drives awesome and a hell of a lot of fun. All dealerships are having parts shortages for new cars especially the chips. This is a national shortage for all manufacturers.

Blackbluff

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Picked up my MME in mid April and have enjoyed every driving experience. Only issue is PAAK so after software upgrade and continued issues I purchased a second FOB and solved our problem. Now the phones don't discharge rapidly searching for the car. We have the Premium with standard battery and RWD and the car just runs great. Averaging around 4.8 miles per KWh around town and about 3.5 on the highway. Really enjoy riding past the gas stations and watching the price go up about every day.

TKnauth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE, Chevy Volt, Lexus 450h
Country flag
Here's another - I LOVE my Mach E. 4 months, 4000 miles, no issues AT ALL, everything always works.

Well, PAAK glitched once, made me nervous, so I just carry the keyfob.

And I had trouble with ElectrifyAmerica chargers on a road trip, so it is not our road trip car. Yet.

But otherwise, as my in-town car, I love everything about it. I even drove it as the lead car in our neighborhood 4th of July bicycle parade, carrying the grand marshal, our city councilwoman, who FB livestreamed all about my electric, emission-free vehicle of the future.

islandboystan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
06 & 10 Prius, 15 Prius C, 09 CRV, MME ordered
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Three months 5000 miles.
Drives great.
Sometimes it thinks they're is no key. It's usually my samsung phone having a nap.
Just came back from a weekend away. Used more electricity than I wanted. But then I was racing up a mountain at a decent speed.
I turned on adaptive driving. Makes cornering so much easier. In the car eleven hours driving with rest stops. Nice and relaxed at the end.
Drive it like a normal car at times.
So much fun.
And pace when I needed to just get through traffic.
So quiet. Air condition was awesome in our heat wave.
I hate spending money on cars. No regrets on this one. Just put charging stations next to nicer restaurants!
Still waiting to use the free oil change they offered me. Did have been great. Dealer should get over the electric car bit.
And yes, I'm a techie. I was fixing PC's on dos. Amazing what you could do with that.
Free oil change? Where do you intend to put it? ?

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag