Mach E Owners Without Issues

gafear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Overall I love the car

Paak after the update works 100% of the time if I open the app (if I leave the phone in my pocket it works seldomly)

The only issue I have is the bizarre noise from the drivers dashboard. Test drive a few and see if you are ok or if you can't hear it

If you can hear it (and will be botter by it), do not buy the car because @Ford is refusing to fix it
Sponsored

Reactions: FME

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
2. My phone becomes insanely hot using the wireless charger
This happens to my iPhone as well. Havenā€™t used many other wireless chargers outside the car, but wouldnā€™t be surprised if they got pretty hot too

3. Not sure if this is normal or not but when using Apple Play, I seemingly cant use any other functions of the car because if I receive a text, it boots me out of whatever I'm in and puts me back to apple play. Anyone else have this?
This also happens to me. At first I was confused, then realized Iā€™m receiving a text. I assumed it was a feature honestly, but the more I think about it, it seems weird to bring me back to CarPlay for a text I canā€™t read anyway. However, never have I been receiving so many texts where itā€™s constantly kicking me back. I would find that quite annoying. I wonder if you put the group in ā€œDo Not Disturbā€ on the phone, if it would change that. Maybe worth a shot. Iā€™ll try it next time Iā€™m in the car.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I use a wireless charger for my iPhone every night and it does not get hot. In the MME, it gets hot. I don't know why, but I keep an eye on it and if it feels "real" hot to me I take it off the charger

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Yes the issue is it keeps switching back. I'm in group texts with people so at times I'll get 10 messages in a span of 2 minutes. If I'm trying to mess with the radio and I get a texts, it takes me back to apple play, I click back on radio, I get another text and it switches right back. Are you saying that I need to open it in a different way to make it override apple play from taking it over every time?
If you turn on "Do Not Disturb While Driving" on your iPhone, it should keep CarPlay from taking over to tell you there is a new text notification. (I don't have my MME yet and can't prove this, but it works that way with my Acura's CarPlay.)

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yes the issue is it keeps switching back. I'm in group texts with people so at times I'll get 10 messages in a span of 2 minutes. If I'm trying to mess with the radio and I get a texts, it takes me back to apple play, I click back on radio, I get another text and it switches right back. Are you saying that I need to open it in a different way to make it override apple play from taking it over every time?
Ahh. The only solution is to get rid of your friends

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
Since the PAAK update fixed my B&O stereo I've had no issues. That was the only issue I've had in 10 weeks owning the car.

idkhow

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bateman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mach-e premium, van down by the river
Occupation
it plumber, auto detailer
Country flag
My only issue is the CarPlay not connecting all the time. It usually lines itself out but can be frustrating at times.

Switch WiFi to PROJ******, make sure it's set to Auto-Join.

If it says failed, join PROJ****** WiFi, try wirelessly connecting again.

Took me a few days to figure this out after giving up and using the cable. I had paired to my dash-cam, which I had to 'Forget' as it would connect to that.

Since making sure PROJ****** WiFi is always set to Auto-Join, and sometimes manually switching it to PROJ**** WiFi SSID Carplay works well wirelessly.

Had thought it was only for the FordPlay system, but that's not the case.

Cay_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White MME Awd
Country flag
I've had my Premium AWD since April (1700 miles) and I am having a BLAST!!!. I drive it for any little reason although I have not taken any road trips. I have only done fast charging once and I usually charge 12V at home. I have had a hiccup here or there like having to restart the screen when it went black (thanks to the forum for this solution) or delayed reactions from Sync 4 screen changes. These are issues I can deal with and expect on a 1st model vehicle. I have not had any major issues and do not use PAAK as I am just used to carrying my keys with me. I have had issues with Android car play here and there but again, not more than I can deal with. Overall. I love the car, and would buy one all over again!

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
4 months and 3400 miles, no real issues. I used paak a little while until I could not open my door one time, now I am waiting until it is ready for prime time. This car is so fun to drive, so smooth and quiet! It more than makes up for the 14 months waiting to get it.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
PAAK is a little flaky . Only other is the suspension. There really isn't much spring damping. Every bump is a jolt almost like the left the shipping spring spacer in.
The suspension is intentional. Every first year Mach-e has the stealth "Bullit" upgrade. So if you're finding bumps only "jarring," you're just not doing it right.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Owners Without Issues 1625874323253

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
It's in the EULA for this forum: threads longer than 5 posts may not stay on topic or remain positive.
Well, thereā€™s a difference between being positive and being anti-factualā€¦. There are no such thing as Mach E Owners Without Issue. Perhaps there are some Mach E Owners Who Arenā€™t Aware of Issues.

Iā€™m sorry that some people are getting cold feet after reading a few one-off horror stories. Overall, the car is just fantastic. Especially mechanically, aside from the driverā€™s screen buzz.

But Sync and FordPass are buggy, and OTA updates are slow in arriving and lagging behind Fordā€™s promised dates. These are facts. Facts for everyone, whether they notice/care or not. We can be positive and still be factual.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
5k in 6 months a go go.... My JRT steps on the emergency flasher with its little paws... grrrrrr...
Sponsored