dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Door jam drivers side is mfg date.
Was built 10/21. Thank you!

I see it as clearly liftgate is different then rest of car and so like bumpers the colors hue differently. Next given the alignment issues, perhaps it sustained a quality control issue, was removed, straightened out and repainted. Second coat of multi-coat makes it a different tone.
I think this is my case and repainting will not help. I'm wondering if it is a warranty case to replace the tailgate?
Sponsored

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Was built 10/21. Thank you!

I think this is my case and repainting will not help. I'm wondering if it is a warranty case to replace the tailgate?
Alignment takes priority. If the paint cracks from that, you get a repaint.

OP
OP
dmitry

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Since the early days of February, my car is in dealer body shop. Was confirmed that the liftgate has a different color and proposed repainting. Initial promise it will take one week but after 3 weeks today, they told me they need a week more to be this job done. Need to order some parts they explained. Strange very very strange situation. I waited for this car 6 months, now 3 months since I paid downpayment and each month pay for the loan and don't have this car with me. I'm really really frustrated and disappointed :(

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Since the early days of February, my car is in dealer body shop. Was confirmed that the liftgate has a different color and proposed repainting. Initial promise it will take one week but after 3 weeks today, they told me they need a week more to be this job done. Need to order some parts they explained. Strange very very strange situation. I waited for this car 6 months, now 3 months since I paid downpayment and each month pay for the loan and don't have this car with me. I'm really really frustrated and disappointed :(
Which dealer did you buy it from? You should call Ford corporate and tell them they need to cover some payments for you.

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Oh great. I ordered mine in Dark Matter Grey. I have serious OCD when it comes to stuff like this. Now the first thing I’m going to look at is the tail.

Last edited:

OP
OP
dmitry

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Livermore Ford in California. Actually, I don't have problems with the dealer they are in touch with me, they gave me the replacement car, and trying the best what they can do in this situation. My concern is to the Ford. How is this possible? Where was quality control and etc? Let's say ok with misalignment (tesla has bigger problems with gaps). But the wrong color is something new and unbelievable for me.

Oh great. I ordered mine in Dark Grey Matter. I have serious OCD when it comes to stuff like this. Now the first thing I’m going to look at is the tail.
My thoughts this isn't a unique case and there are more cars like mine. I see a few pictures even on this forum that looks similar for me. It is very hard to notice the difference in daylight or other conditions. Hope they fix my car, but my happiness of owning MME is gone forever.

OP
OP
dmitry

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
My car not ready yet. First time they broke something and they waited 2 weeks to be this part delivered. All this time the car was sitting disassembled on parking lot. When they received the part they started to paint which took extra week. In the day when I was informed I should pick up my car I received a call that the car is ready but there’s issues with paint job and they should start all process from the beginning. I was promised the car will be ready today (03/15). But today morning after I asked them can I pickup my car they told me No. The car again not ready, because they broke the glass and now they waiting when spare part will be delivered. Oh that’s crazy story. Since the car is almost 2 month sitting at dealership I think to start lemon law process. I really don’t want it, but they don’t give me any choice.

Last edited:

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
Be aware of Livermore Ford in California. Good people but terrible service. My car not ready yet. First time they broke something and they waited 2 weeks to be this part delivered. All this time the car was sitting disassembled on parking lot. When they received the part they started to paint which took extra week. In the day when I was informed I should pick up my car I received a call that the car is ready but there’s issues with paint job and they should start all process from the beginning. I was promised the car will be ready today (03/15). But today morning after I asked them can I pickup my car they told me No. The car again not ready, because they broke the glass and now they waiting when spare part will be delivered. Oh that’s crazy story. Since the car is almost 2 month sitting at dealership I think to start lemon law process. I really don’t want it, but they don’t give me any choice.
I turned down my car from them, but it was not their fault, i just saw the sunroof/windshield seals as a huge future issue... But 2 months, ya CA lemon law is 1 month, no reason not too, other than it's hard to find anything out there right now to replace it. But yes, start the process.

leeman

First Name
Leith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Even my car has some interesting fit and finish issues in areas where clips weren't properly installed or engaged completely gaps in misaligned door panels tailgates and other components but I have a gray metallic I don't know what the official name is but it looks pretty even in the bright sunlight.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
And this is why I’ve not fixed my front glass (recall) or my mis-aligned hatch.
Sorry for the royal pain this has been.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Wow, this is great news for those others with the issue and a lot of people thinking they'd end up having wasted their time and just getting the same paint result! It looks amazing, they did a fantastic job!

OP
OP
dmitry

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Wow, this is great news for those others with the issue and a lot of people thinking they'd end up having wasted their time and just getting the same paint result! It looks amazing, they did a fantastic job!
Unfortunately not, this isn't the end of the story. I wish nobody to be in the same boat as me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmitry

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I decided not to post the video, unfortunately, bad things happen. The general manager promised me that my case will be under his control and all issues will be fixed. Just want to mention that in the time of assembly some plastic parts were broken and they will be replaced. At this moment many questions to the Ford Corp. The tailgate was not repainted as a whole part, they approved only to be repainting the top part of tailgate :eek:. When I dropped the car I mentioned that in my opinion even the rear bumper from the factory was painted in the wrong color. Hope next week the dealer will be able to paint all parts, they need approval from Ford. The good news alignment was done perfectly. There are some current photos.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Premium DMG color, tailgate misalignment and rear window seal issues IMG_8122
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Premium DMG color, tailgate misalignment and rear window seal issues IMG_8119
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Premium DMG color, tailgate misalignment and rear window seal issues IMG_8121
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Premium DMG color, tailgate misalignment and rear window seal issues IMG_8114
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Premium DMG color, tailgate misalignment and rear window seal issues IMG_8123
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Premium DMG color, tailgate misalignment and rear window seal issues IMG_8124

Last edited:
OP
OP
dmitry

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Two weeks have gone, no calls or messages from Livermore Ford, no responses to my calls. Only once a few days ago I was able to contact with Service manager and she told me that she knows nothing about when they will be ready to fix my car, the person who works on my case is out of the office and she will call me back immediately when she finds him. Of course, nobody called me since. Additionally no help from Ford Corp. They told me I should resolve this situation with the dealer or can claim Lermon Law. Here is some pics of their job
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Premium DMG color, tailgate misalignment and rear window seal issues Pic 3,4
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Premium DMG color, tailgate misalignment and rear window seal issues Pic 5,6,7
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Premium DMG color, tailgate misalignment and rear window seal issues Pic 11,12