Mach E Pricing Predictions?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
The MachE is going after Tesla buyers., so expect it to start at $40K for the base model which may have RWD and a small battery compared to the other offerings and up to maybe $60K for AWD and a bigger battery.

To compete with Tesla the acceleration of the performance version will likely be 0 to 60 in about 3.5 seconds and the battery needed to do that will also give you more than 300 mile range if driven reasonably.

Also, some have predicted this will be a low volume product. I disagree with that as Tesla Model 3 is high volume and Ford would need volume capacity to compete with Tesla.

Tesla Model 3 can be used as a guide for prediction here, though in some ways it may out perform the Model 3.

Ford will have an advantage because of tax incentives as Tesla has already sold more than 200K EVs. In California the Fed and State incentives will be $10K off the income tax that is owed the governments.

For that reason I am interested in this car. I hope there will not be availability issues after the car comes to market.
This is not a high volume family electric vehicle. This is not a tesla.

Do you know what a Ford Mach 1 is...?
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Pricing Predictions? mustang_mach_1_351_h.o._ram_air_4[1]

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Pricing Predictions? 53106655ca356_hd_1970-ford-mustang-mach-1[1]

Do you notice the lines and similarities to the Mach E...? They are unmistakable. I don't think the Mach 1 inspired Mach E is a grocery getter...

Given what we know?
This, is the closest thing I've seen, to what the CAD drawing show:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Pricing Predictions? A2B5F931-F4BE-4D6C-BB36-61EDE1BEDBD6.jpeg.caf4abeb8a741c9e2a81373be6701b0b[1]

Last edited:

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ford has already stated it will start around 40k. It's not going to be a Taycan competition, but a respectable and still affordable performance EV. Ford needs this to be successful and they won't be able to charge a ton for it. Tesla has a premium reputation now, which is why they get away with their higher price X and S. The upcoming Y will eat Ford's sales of the Mach E if Ford isn't smart about pricing.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Pricing numbers for the Tesla Model 3 published by insideevs.com are below. The Model Y is based on the Model 3 and will likely have similar pricing as will the Mach E.

Tesla has sold 200K Model 3s so far, and it is expected that the Model Y will sell just as well. Can Ford match the same success?

Performance of the Mach E and the Model Y will be very close and likely will be a battle front on limited quantity performance versions.

I do not have a breakdown of which Model 3's were sold. I see a lot of Model 3's on the road and most of them are not dual motor (AWD). So I suspect the average Model 3 bought is around $45K with a few options added. Same goes for the Performance LR AWD, a few options added and you've get $60K.

Tesla Model 3 offer in the U.S. as of November 1, 2019

• Standard Range RWD (not listed, price from summer): $34,725
    ($35,400 MSRP + $1,200 DST - $1,875 federal tax credit)
  • Standard Range Plus RWD:$38,815
    ($39,490 MSRP + $1,200 DST - $1,875 federal tax credit)
  • Long Range AWD: $47,815
    ($48,490 MSRP + $1,200 DST - $1,875 federal tax credit)
  • Performance LR AWD: $56,315
    ($56,990 MSRP + $1,200 DST - $1,875 federal tax credit)

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
This is not a high volume family electric vehicle. This is not a tesla.

Do you know what a Ford Mach 1 is...?

[Superfluous image here]

[Superfluous image here]

Do you notice the lines and similarities to the Mach E...? They are unmistakable. I don't think the Mach 1 inspired Mach E is a grocery getter...

Given what we know?
This, is the closest thing I've seen, to what the CAD drawing show:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Pricing Predictions? A2B5F931-F4BE-4D6C-BB36-61EDE1BEDBD6.jpeg.caf4abeb8a741c9e2a81373be6701b0b[1]
The original Mach 1 was a muscle car and a toy. The Mock E is a four door and will be sold with various levels of performance. Yes, it will be a grocery getter and a kid hauler.

I can see that what you really want is a coupe or a sporty sedan like the Model 3. The performance version of the Model 3 has acceleration of less than 3.5 seconds zero to sixty. The Mach E is pursuing the Tesla Model Y market. The sedan Model 3 will actually be sportier than the Mach E, which has been referred to as an SUV!

Not to say that an EV Mustang will never be built. My guess is that it will be by 2025.

I wish the Ford Mach E was a shooting Brake, but I think it might be more like the Tesla Model X, which is what the Model Y will be like. The Model Y has been seen. It is a large four door sedan with a hatch back as likely will be the Mach E.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
Ford has already stated it will start around 40k. It's not going to be a Taycan competition, but a respectable and still affordable performance EV. Ford needs this to be successful and they won't be able to charge a ton for it. Tesla has a premium reputation now, which is why they get away with their higher price X and S. The upcoming Y will eat Ford's sales of the Mach E if Ford isn't smart about pricing.
And it must be high quality with no or EXTREAMLY small glitches. If Mach E stumbles out of the gate then Ford will be hard pressed to sell them.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
And it must be high quality with no or EXTREAMLY small glitches. If Mach E stumbles out of the gate then Ford will be hard pressed to sell them.
Entirely. I was eyeing the Explorer ST and overall they did well but there have been a few blunders that botched that launch to the media and public eye. I really hope they do well with the Mach E. I'd like to be a first round buyer but want to make sure it doesn't have glaring issues since it will be our primary family hauler.

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
I wish the Ford Mach E was a shooting Brake, but I think it might be more like the Tesla Model X, which is what the Model Y will be like. The Model Y has been seen. It is a large four door sedan with a hatch back as likely will be the Mach E.
Judging by the teasers, leaks, etc it looks to me like something in between a Model Y and a shooting brake.
Sponsored