kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Both of my Fusions have had zero rattles. Most cars I rent have been American-make because that's what rental fleets have a lot of, and other than a Camaro convertible and a Volvo, of all things, I've had zero rattles in a long time. In fact even my Chrysler K-Car, which by many measures was a rolling piece of crap, had zero rattles.

I'm not going to tell you it's BS, but I am going to say that the days of "American cars are all garbage" are gone like the days of "all Korean cars are garbage."

You can't logically make an argument of "my experience says everything in set A has property B" and then ignore counterexamples. I've given you counterexamples - so your basic argument is flawed.

If you think there's going to be a "typical American car rattle issue," then you shouldn't buy the car.
Its not an argument, just concern. But the info here has been informative and reassuring

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Considering a MME has none of the usual culprits - exhaust, continually running engine w lots of moving parts causing vibrations, etc - I would think there’s less chance of a rattle than your pals GT.

In my experience, the faster the car, the more it rattles. Ask a Ferrari owner whether his dash or steering column makes noise.
Wait - the MME doesn't have an exhaust?! Where do the electrons go after they're burned in the motor? :D

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
The only american vehicle I owned was a Ford Edge - had it for 10 years and that was the quitest vehicle I had with no rattles etc. I am not dinging Japanese makes - had a camry - no real rattles after 10 years. My VW Passat has so many issues I could not wait to get rid of it. My Honda Odyssey minivan - had so many noises after 20-30K miles, I was glad it died by itself after 150K miles (transmission gone) - but after 10 years of that rattler - I just cant sit in any noisy cars anymore drives me nuts - so hoping the Mach E is as quiet as the Edge.
Unfortunately and disappointedly for me, I have had several serious rattles in the dashboard of my 2015 Ford Edge Sport. I currently have one right in front of me above the speedo pod. Drives me crazy. Had a long drive recently to visit friends in IL from NJ and it rattled most of the way, depending on the road surface.

I am still on the fence whether I will take the Mach-E because of future financial uncertainty. This year was a tough year and next year will not likely be too much better, I guess speaking for me, anyway. I will be fully paid off on my Edge in March 2021. I know the most fiscally prudent way to own a car is to drive it into the ground. So, it would be all gravy with the car paid off going forward.

However,I really have wanted to get away from gas to electric for the environment for some time. I really like the Mach-E and want it for many reasons. I would love to have a car that will be pretty rare for a while. Lastly, I really don't know if I can stand the rattling dashboard for the unforeseeable future.

Decisions, decisions.

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
So since this an EV do you guys think it will suffer the typical American car rattle Issue? And before you guys all flame me, don't tell me it's all B.S. I've always owned Japanese car. My friend has had either Euro or Japananese cars and he now has a 2020 Mustang GT and it rattles more than any other car he's owned and every every American rental I've owned rattled like crazy.

waldo1949

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infinite Blue mach e 4x
Country flag
I have two Chevy Volts, one 9 yrs old, and neither rattles.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
My Fiesta has rattles sometimes, especially in the mornings. Arthritis?

Seriously though, it's vibrations in the A pillars where the interior plastic cover on each pillar is vibrating against the windshield.

Most likely caused by stuff loosening up while I failed to recognize that the engine and transmission mounts were shot and needed to be replaced.

It's just from time to time (not every day), and only while travelling above 0 and below maybe 45 mph.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
Its not an argument, just concern. But the info here has been informative and reassuring
My 2013 Escape does have some rattles that drive me a little crazy. That's what warranties are for but I never did mention it.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I haven't had any rattles in any recent cars. One rattle in a car from 2000. Maybe that's a history thing?

MJMachForum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Blue Flex, 2021 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
1980 Toyota Corolla (2nd owner/???k b4 sale) - Fixed many issues from lack of maintenance from previous owner. No rattles though. Loved that car but not fuel efficient.
1990 Hyundai Excel (unknown owners/???k b4 head gasket failure) - Rattled like a sob. Definitely from lack of maintenance from previous owners.
1987 Mazda B1000 (unknown owners/??? b4 sale) - No rattles
1996 Ford Ranger (unknown owners/150k b4 sale) - No rattles
2013 Ford Flex (previous rental/20k at purchase/98k at sale) - No rattles
2019 Ford Flex (1st owner/27 at purchase/Current 22k)- No rattles

Been fortunate to not have any rattles in many of the vehicles I've owned. Not worried about the build quality of the Mach E, as others have mentioned, all eyes are on Ford and this vehicle. All the info leaked/shared/provided from Ford shows that they know they have to get the launch of this vehicle right. Maybe I don't drive cars enough to get a rattle but if something is wrong I always fix it immediately and do the work myself when possible. That is the only way to make sure problems don't get worse and cause more problems and to know it was done right.